NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’ve been on vacation for basically one day. Turning around and heading home because my mom fell and broke her hip, so I’ll do my best to check in when I can. Apologies if I miss some prompts.
Sorry to hear, Jojo. I know I’m probably line thousandth in line but if you need help with anything in area let me know.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
HCette has had an upper respiratory issue for about the last week. I’ve had it to a lesser degree. She’s taken a few at home Covid tests and they’ve all been negative.

She did a telehealth thing with her primary doctor today because it hasn’t really gotten better. According to HCette she was basically just told “it sounds like Covid but since you’re out of the window nothing you can do now. If you don’t feel better by Friday let me know.”

Much help.

Neither of us have tested positive for it up to this point almost three years in.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
HCette has had an upper respiratory issue for about the last week. I’ve had it to a lesser degree. She’s taken a few at home Covid tests and they’ve all been negative.

She did a telehealth thing with her primary doctor today because it hasn’t really gotten better. According to HCette she was basically just told “it sounds like Covid but since you’re out of the window nothing you can do now. If you don’t feel better by Friday let me know.”

Much help.

Neither of us have tested positive for it up to this point almost three years in.
Bronchitis?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Much help.

Do you want me to beat up her upper lungs

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I’ve been on vacation for basically one day. Turning around and heading home because my mom fell and broke her hip, so I’ll do my best to check in when I can. Apologies if I miss some prompts.
Good luck. Sounds like their getting to that age where accidents come a little more frequently. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to offer some ideas as I spent almost 20 years as a caregiver for my parents.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Sorry to here, Jojo. My mom also broke her hip slipping on ice a couple Februarys ago, so if there’s anything I can help with, just holler.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Much help.

Hope you both feel well soon.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sounds like the Philadelphia Flyers are having an indifferent start to the preseason. I wouldn't know. I have more important things to care about.

anime-proud.gif

Let's keep a good thought for @Chuck Downie and hope everything is OK up there. He usually checks in at least once a day, so we'll go ahead in the order and he can pick as soon as he gets back. We start the morning with @Striiker on the clock, @pit on deck, mja on the lido deck, and Milord's useless dumb ass on the lido afterdeck.

Holy shit, one of you has to go and figure out a way to stop the "Bachelor" franchises from ever making more seasons, except for "Bachelor in Paradise," which I haven't watched yet, so no spoilers. I finally watched the f***ing finale of "The Bachelorette" yesterday while I was doing other stuff, but about halfway through I ran out of the other stuff, so I was just watching. I only watched it to prepare for "Paradise," so I'd know the guys going on there, and also so I could get it off the f***ing DVR. F*** my life. I swear to you, at one point I actually, like, squealed out loud three times in quick succession because I was cringed to my f***ing soul.

They had two bachelorettes this year, right, f*** knows why, and one of them is really hot as shit and pretty cool. The OTHER one, though, is f***ing rotten. I'm not going to go into all the ways she sucks, but she f***ing sucks. And she's not even remotely hot. And she picked the biggest tool shed you'll ever see, some f***ing Home Depot named "Tino," for f***'s sake. Gah, it was f***ing excruciating. And about four times they brought up shit that had come out via social media, and these guys "sincerely apologized for their behavior," even though they didn't really do jack shit to apologize for. It was like watching sentient stacks of pudding collapsing in upon themselves like evaporating farts. F*** me. It would have been more enjoyable to just set myself on fire and burn to death.

Obviously, I don't actually have more important things to care about than the Philadelphia Flyers, but f*** them and f*** hockey.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Team International Football Team – Germany

6291.jpg

My Counterstrike playing has resulted in me hating the country of Brazil. They're the most irritating, toxic, loud, and obnoxious people you'll come across in that game. Even worse than the Russians. Brazillian CS fans are also famous for sending death threats to pro players who beat Brazillian teams or casters/media who dare critique them.

You know what Brazilians love? Soccer.
You know what crushes their little souls? Getting beat 7-1 in the 2014 World Cup semi-finals.

If you watch a CS tournament, even today, and the score ends up 7-1, the chat will immediately be filled with "BRA71L
1x
". Even if no Brazilian team is playing.

So thank you Team Germany, for giving us this gift of trolling.

@pit

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I haven't had too much time to think on these so maybe I'm prioritizing the wrong thing, but here we go. Too many franchises out there rule out things I like, so I went for a weapon from The Fifth Element.

Team Laser Gun: Zorg ZF-1 Pod Weapon

zorg-gun.jpg

The ZF-1 is an ambidextrous multifunctional weapon incapable of being detected by X-Rays featuring a titanium recharger, 3000 round clip (given the weapon is energy based and so the clip has no moving parts, this is not strictly incorrect, though calling the shots "rounds" is) with a burst of 3 to 300. It also features a variety of other fire modes as well, including a self-destruct button.

• Replay Button: The ZF-1 can be set to so that the first round fired acts as a beacon for guided bullets, causing all subsequent shots to home in on the original one's impact point.
  • Rocket Launcher: The ZF-1 features a small yellow rocket which devastates any target it hits.
  • Arrow Launcher: Zorg demonstrated that from the sides of the ZF-1 were two launchers with a total of 10 arrows, 5 in each launcher. The arrowheads were each either explosive or had poisonous gas heads.
  • Net Launcher: For non-lethal takedowns, the ZF-1 is also known to have a net launcher to capture, rather than kill the target.
  • Flamethrower: Zorg's personal favorite, the ZF-1 features a short ranged flamethrower.
  • Ice Cube System: A new device the ZF-1 possesses is a weapon able to freeze people.
@mja , torture who you have to, the President, I don't care. Just bring me the stones. You have one hour.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I haven't had too much time to think on these so maybe I'm prioritizing the wrong thing, but here we go. Too many franchises out there rule out things I like, so I went for a weapon from The Fifth Element.

Team Laser Gun: Zorg ZF-1 Pod Weapon

zorg-gun.jpg

The ZF-1 is an ambidextrous multifunctional weapon incapable of being detected by X-Rays featuring a titanium recharger, 3000 round clip (given the weapon is energy based and so the clip has no moving parts, this is not strictly incorrect, though calling the shots "rounds" is) with a burst of 3 to 300. It also features a variety of other fire modes as well, including a self-destruct button.

• Replay Button: The ZF-1 can be set to so that the first round fired acts as a beacon for guided bullets, causing all subsequent shots to home in on the original one's impact point.
  • Rocket Launcher: The ZF-1 features a small yellow rocket which devastates any target it hits.
  • Arrow Launcher: Zorg demonstrated that from the sides of the ZF-1 were two launchers with a total of 10 arrows, 5 in each launcher. The arrowheads were each either explosive or had poisonous gas heads.
  • Net Launcher: For non-lethal takedowns, the ZF-1 is also known to have a net launcher to capture, rather than kill the target.
  • Flamethrower: Zorg's personal favorite, the ZF-1 features a short ranged flamethrower.
  • Ice Cube System: A new device the ZF-1 possesses is a weapon able to freeze people.
@mja , torture who you have to, the President, I don't care. Just bring me the stones. You have one hour.

I knew this category was going to rule. Atoadaso.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
For Team 80's Nude Scene, we just have two words for y'all: Phoebe Cates

The year is 1982 and young mja is more interested in Scooby Doo than in the female form, but some time later, likely in the early 90's, adolescent mja would have finally come across Kate from Gremlins being, as Cap likes to say, a total rocket.

Now, @Young Sandwich, I know what you're thinking, you already wisely took the iconic FTaRH scene, but please keep your pants on, because, to paraphrase Yoda, there is another 1982 film featuring um, lots, of Phoebe Cates. What's that? You don't own pants? Sigh.

Anyway, it's interesting that Cap should talk about paradise this morning, because that's exactly where I'm headed.

MV5BOTk2MTZkZDktZjM2Yy00ZTgyLTgzOTgtYWFlYzUyOGM4Y2UwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Paradise (82) is a Blue Lagoon ripoff in which Phoebe Cates, along with Chachi's sidekick from Charles in Charge, avoids capture from an Arab slave trader while discovering sex and getting naked as much as humanly possible. From what I recall, it's a terrible and even boring film, but I can pick out at least three separate scenes that would pass muster here. That said, I just have to pick the scene where Cates' character takes a long shower under a waterfall in a cave.

@Lord Defect, I can well wait to see what defectiveness is headed our way, but go ahead anyway, I suppose.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
For Team 80's Nude Scene, we just have two words for y'all: Phoebe Cates

The year is 1982 and young mja is more interested in Scooby Doo than in the female form, but some time later, likely in the early 90's, adolescent mja would have finally come across Kate from Gremlins being, as Cap likes to say, a total rocket.

Now, @Young Sandwich, I know what you're thinking, you already wisely took the iconic FTaRH scene, but please keep your pants on, because, to paraphrase Yoda, there is another 1982 film featuring um, lots, of Phoebe Cates. What's that? You don't own pants? Sigh.

Anyway, it's interesting that Cap should talk about paradise this morning, because that's exactly where I'm headed.

MV5BOTk2MTZkZDktZjM2Yy00ZTgyLTgzOTgtYWFlYzUyOGM4Y2UwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Paradise (82) is a Blue Lagoon ripoff in which Phoebe Cates, along with Chachi's sidekick from Charles in Charge, avoids capture from an Arab slave trader while discovering sex and getting naked as much as humanly possible. From what I recall, it's a terrible and even boring film, but I can pick out at least three separate scenes that would pass muster here. That said, I just have to pick the scene where Cates' character takes a long shower under a waterfall in a cave.

@Lord Defect, I can well wait to see what defectiveness is headed our way, but go ahead anyway, I suppose.
Once again -- and in perpetuity for this category -- my like does not indicate my endorsement of the post contents.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hey, @Captain Dave Poulin , for the cover songs just to clarify.......we can duplicate a previously selected band/singer of the original song or the cover or either?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... yes, I think so. It's not one of the crazy strict NO DUPLICATES categories.

Can the previously taken band be the one doing to cover or is it only ok if they are the source of the cover song?

Just random words barfed together at the same time. Nice going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad