NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My stadium series...stadium: the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field (I don't think John Facenda ever referred to it as that though, only Chris Berman)

1664590938383.png

@Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Everyone and their mom is taking a run on bodies of water. Bodies if f***ing water.
f*** that noise. We’re taking our tattoo off the board.our official team tattoo is the Ghost Step magic tattoo from dungeons and dragons.
It allows anyone with this tattoo ……. Just read the link

Which 3 letter loser am I tagging? @mja

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Everyone and their mom is taking a run on bodies of water. Bodies if f***ing water.
f*** that noise. We’re taking our tattoo off the board.our official team tattoo is the Ghost Step magic tattoo from dungeons and dragons.
It allows anyone with this tattoo ……. Just read the link

Which 3 letter loser am I tagging? @mja
WTH does it look like?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's probably going to be a long, slow day in here, because we have extenuating circumstances all over the place. Just remain calm.

OHuebA5.gif

We start the day with @pit on the clock, @Striiker on deck, @Chuck Downie on the lido deck with two picks with or without electricity, and BigToe on the lido afterdeck. I wouldn't mind if we gave Chuck the bulk of the day to get back online - we don't have to hurry, for one thing, but more importantly I wouldn't love it if he missed out on his first two rounds. It's not like his choices will overlap with anyone else's, God knows, but still.

As for mja's question about the NO DUPLICATEs vis a vis defunct franchises ... the answer is that I can't remember. My first thought is that we don't have to be super strict about that - it seems like the key is to just not swipe exact shit they have already taken. I don't know why, but just to be safe, or whatever. It would be better for sure if we apply the same NO DUPLICATES to their ancillary shit (i.e. if they had Star Wars, don't take Chewy, etc.), but I don't know that we need to be as strict with that shit. Ask Cannon for a final judgment - I'm just the league secretary.

I need to find another dating show soon. This one I am watching now, "Change Days," is about couples who are trying to decide whether to stay together or break up and leave with someone new. It makes for pretty grim viewing. They keep getting in all these stupid, pointless arguments over nothing, and some of them just clearly don't belong together. It reminds me of being in a relationship, and it reminds me why I am so opposed to ever doing that again. It's REAL, but there's precious little joy in it.

Speaking of grim viewing, I watched "Un Prophete" (2009) last night. It was very good and everything, but damn. I hope your Saturday is less grim than some of this shit I have been seeing.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Have to work on a Saturday. Nuts to that.

Anyway, I've done my time in higher education. If I'm going back, I want a blow-off class that I can ace. Therefore I choose for Team College Course: Wasting Time on the Internet.

"University of Pennsylvania has turned wasting time on the internet into an art form. Yes, you read that correctly. By interacting only through screens (checking social media, watching cat videos, chatting, and online shopping), the class uses the internet as raw material for creating compelling and emotional works of literature. Do you think you could write a novel using just your twitter feed?"

I look forward to writing the story of a lone isolated chicken farmer, eking out an existence on the fringes of society, consoled only by the company of Chinese dating shows, while a mad defective attempts to torment him endlessly with sociopathic ravings. Will his gif making skills prove a release that allows him to escape back to his elusive Japan or will the mad defective find his way there first and move into one of the coops?

@Striiker , I know you won't read it because it's a book, but maybe if it gets adapted into a Hulu series you'll watch it. Also, you're up.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This category was tricky because

1) I’ve seen like 15 80s movies total and I can’t remember nudity in any of them. Things like Back to the Future, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Planes Trains and Automobiles, etc. and I’m not going to go do any research.

2) I’m a good noodle who isn’t allowed to see things that are rated R.

However, I could think of one chick from a TV show that was on in the 80s that had a LOT of nudity in it. I genuinely can’t even remember this character wearing clothes even once.

Big Bird from Sesame Street
16b1d41f5594055419fd5544b1092f9d6f2de767.jpg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

1) I’ve seen like 15 80s movies total and I can’t remember nudity in any of them. Things like Back to the Future, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Planes Trains and Automobiles, etc. and I’m not going to go do any research.

However, I could think of one chick from a TV show that was on in the 80s that had a LOT of nudity in it. I genuinely can’t even remember this character wearing clothes even once.

So, you're a furry? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Also, isn't this supposed to be 80's movie nude scene, i.e. Sesame Street isn't an acceptable answer? I'll help you out though - there was literally a Big Bird movie released in the mid 80's.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

It's #Lore, but it's also f***ing :facepalm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Wait, is Big Bird even real?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm writing this while waiting for our flight from SEATAC to take off. After one flight cancelled, a 4 hour delay, a reroute where they tried to make us leave our dog in Seattle, the people around us telling a gate attendant to leave us alone, and a guy taking a swing at me in YVR, we're finally on our last flight home. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad