NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
ESPN is back, which is good. I guess.

28246366.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, but he said he will make his pick in the morning, and I assume he meant tomorrow morning, so that's fine. @Strawberry Fields is on deck with a pair, Cannon is on the lido deck with his swing pick, and @BernieParent is on the lido afterdeck.

Holy f***, did you watch that atrocity last night? Forget the f***ing hockey portion of it. Did you see those cracked-out pre-teen mongrels in that toilet of an arena? We all have seen people acting like morons when the camera turns on them - it has been happening for years and years and years. The vast majority of the people in an arena or stadium who have paid small fortunes to be there are more interested in seeing themselves on the jumbotron than they are in watching the sporting event on display. You could understand when it's the worst franchise in hockey on the road playing the second-worst franchise in hockey, but in general it's a f***ed-up thing to do. You paid all that money to be there, and you have your f***ing cellular telephone in your f***ing pocket, and you have it out to take selfies all the f***ing time, and then you see those selfies when you post them on the various terrible social media sites. Why is it so joyous to see yourself on a bigger screen? People in an arena or stadium are like primitive peoples seeing a camera for the first time and thinking it will steal your soul, only exactly the opposite of that. People in an arena or stadium are like primitive gingers who think seeing themselves on a jumbotron will give them a soul. It's f***ing stupid. That's without even going into the fact that you aren't supporting the team you pretend to care about when you aren't even paying attention to them. This is how the Flyers regime will survive - getting thousands of people to come inside the WFC to see themselves on the giant screen, regardless of the slop vomiting itself onto the ice below them.

Anyway, that's always f***ed, right, but last night there were about 3,000 pre-teen Long Island c***s in that toilet, and every single one of them acted like they had mainlined speed together, or whatever you do with uppers. It was like Chuck on a first-day-of-free-agency scrub shopping spree. I wonder how much angel dust is actually left in the greater New York area after that. F***ing mongrels were Taylor Swifting like their lives depended on it, and it was just being shown on some dopey stream. I could not have been more repulsed, and if I had children I would have put them up for adoption after seeing that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are prepared to make their selection in the Team Cover Song II category.

We are proud to select Hotel California by Gipsy Kings

The song made an appearance in The Big Lebowski and it's an all around banger of a cover so we wanted to grab this one earlier in this phase.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Strawberry Fields you're up but before you make your selection I expect a written apology to Jojo.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are prepared to make their selection in the Team Cover Song II category.

We are proud to select Hotel California by Gipsy Kings

The song made an appearance in The Big Lebowski and it's an all around banger of a cover so we wanted to grab this one earlier in this phase.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Strawberry Fields you're up but before you make your selection I expect a written apology to Jojo.

Fine choice, nobody f***s with the Jesus.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For our Team Body of Water, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks have only one true option: the Sea of Galilee.

iu

"The Sea of Galilee, also called Lake Tiberias, Kinneret or Kinnereth, is a freshwater lake in Israel. It is the lowest freshwater lake on Earth and the second-lowest lake in the world, at levels between 215 metres and 209 metres below sea level. It is approximately 53 km in circumference, about 21 km long, and 13 km wide." (from Government of Israel site).

"It is, of course, for the biblical significance of this body of water that we are compelled to select it. This was the water from which Jesus called His first apostles from the local fishermen, on which He walked, and where He calmed a storm.

iu

"And speaking of fishermen of whom I am a big fan, it is your turn @Young Sandwich."

We're going to make this quick and go chalk and select The Atlantic Ocean. Atlantis might be there or it might not be and it gives us a tactical advantage over all of the teams on the East Coast.

@BernieParent did I make you proud?

How could you not, @Hollywood Cannon?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Tremendous segue @BernieParent, you know me well.

We're going to jump on this one now so no one snipes us here. This is bound to be a popular pick that will likely ruin some draft boards.

Our Team College Course will teach the members of our franchise the basic knowledge needed to thrive in the QV based on many of our previous selections and who/what/where will be coming along on the trip.

"The purpose of this course is to help students develop the skills, tactics and procedures needed for successful fly tying and casting for trout. Instruction will include basic fly tying, fly casting, aquatic ecology, fly fishing tactics and angling ethics as it relates to trout fishing. Students will participate in fly tying, casting, lectures, and presentations, plus field trips to local streams during the class. Welcome to the enjoyable world of fly fishing!!!"

RCC-x-Paul-Havel-011.jpg

Team College Course - Principles and Practices of Fly Fishing for Trout (Penn State)

Fire one off @BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

We're going to jump on this one now so no one snipes us here. This is bound to be a popular pick that will likely ruin some draft boards.

Our Team College Course will teach the members of our franchise the basic knowledge needed to thrive in the QV based on many of our previous selections and who/what/where will be coming along on the trip.

"The purpose of this course is to help students develop the skills, tactics and procedures needed for successful fly tying and casting for trout. Instruction will include basic fly tying, fly casting, aquatic ecology, fly fishing tactics and angling ethics as it relates to trout fishing. Students will participate in fly tying, casting, lectures, and presentations, plus field trips to local streams during the class. Welcome to the enjoyable world of fly fishing!!!"

RCC-x-Paul-Havel-011.jpg

Team College Course - Principles and Practices of Fly Fishing for Trout (Penn State)

Fire one off @BiggE
Fire one up? Sure, why not?

Oh wait, you meant make a pick right? Ok, gimme a minute.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
1664817460409.gif

WELL LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING BROTHER!!!
1664817492104.gif

You know dude, Hollywood Hulk Hogan knows all about trashy tattoos brother!
1664817531393.gif

So, the Jacksonville Methgators and the NWO, Brother!
1664817592709.gif

Damn straight Hollywood!
1664817566321.gif

You know it Chico

Damn right DUDES!! So welcome the official tattoo of the Methgators BROTHER!
The classic Florida trailer trash tramp stamp
1664817630766.jpeg

1664817664235.gif

@Asnito , come on in son, and don’t bogart the bong.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

RCC-x-Paul-Havel-011.jpg

Fire one off @BiggE

Great #Lore.

How much does movie franchise ownership matter for laser gun

You can PM me if you want me to check it, but basically don't pick a laser gun from a movie franchise or standalone film which has been taken by any of us still involved in the picking.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
View attachment 590471
View attachment 590472
View attachment 590473
View attachment 590477
Damn straight Hollywood!
View attachment 590475
You know it Chico

View attachment 590478

View attachment 590479

I don't know how we got on the topic, but my German friend said that the German term for these types of tattoos translates roughly to 'bum antlers'. I adore the creativity of German vocabulary.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
"Bernie loves butt antlers" has now become Quackverse #Lore. Congratulations!
St. Peter at the Gates of Heaven:

"Okay, Jeff, everything looks great with your worship participation, ministry, and daily acts of kindness. All we need to do now is go over your online presence. Okay, let's see ... oh ... umm ... well ... my goodness. Could you take a seat in the waiting room, please?"

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

"Okay, Jeff, everything looks great with your worship participation, ministry, and daily acts of kindness. All we need to do now is go over your online presence. Okay, let's see ... oh ... umm ... well ... my goodness. Could you take a seat in the waiting room, please?"

St. Peter doesn’t kink shame.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

you got an excuse as the internet is not real

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
View attachment 590471
View attachment 590472
View attachment 590473
View attachment 590477
Damn straight Hollywood!
View attachment 590475
You know it Chico

View attachment 590478

View attachment 590479

This is exactly who I wanted to make this pick (MethGators, not Hulk).

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

You gotta learn to add “in Minecraft” at the end of each controversial sentence. That buys you an out.
“I like bum antlers, in Minecraft.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad