NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have talked about this movie several times - it made quite an impression on me. You could call it the "greatest erotic film of all time," but the emphasis is wrong there - it is the "most erotic great film of all time." And make no mistake - it is truly great. And truly erotic. You wouldn't want to watch this in mixed company. Having said that, the hot moments are essential to the film, and if they weren't in there, it would still be s great movie. Thankfully, they are in there. It really is a must-see. Easily one of the five greatest films I have seen in the past decade.

1469770662.GIF

John-Conlon_The-Handmaiden.jpg

Team Movie - The Handmaiden

@Hollywood Cannon
What’s with the tentacles?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
PoE is the ARPG for people who paid attention in math classes - ALL of the math classes - and don't let anyone tell you differently. It still rules.

giphy.gif

We start the day with me on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on deck, Starberry on the lido deck, and Bernardo on the lido afterdeck. Someone has to sit down and have a conversation with @Magua about the meaning of "tomorrow" relative to the time you say it. Maybe someone who is good at POE should explain it to him.

I have dropped my mouse on the floor about a thousand times recently, because I keep falling asleep in situ. I guess I either flail out with my hand, or I try to navigate the worldwide internet in my sleep. I'm not that addicted to being online, but I could see myself doing that. I have been having a lot of dreams when I fall asleep in the chair, and since the TV is on, there usually is some crossover. For example, last night I fell asleep with the TV on TNT hockey, so Liam McHugh was in my dream, which sucked. It wouldn't have sucked if it was one of those dreams where you beat up Liam McHugh, but it was one of those dreams where you go out drinking with Liam McHugh - God knows why - and get so shitfaced that you lose complete control of your musculature. You could understand why you did that, since you are drinking with Liam f***ing McHugh, but it seems like a waste of dream meat. I need to fall asleep during one of the Korean dating shows, but they are too damned interesting.

It’s gotten so much better, Cap. They installed a giant skill tree for the Atlas that lets you pick and choose the previous league mechanics you enjoy and juices the drops to the moon, makes them spawn more often, gives them special abilities, etc. You get the skill points for it by completing maps on it and killing various bosses once each. Look at this beast:

6380621464770654425292521.png

All that thing does is make your Atlas orders of magnitude better.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
What would be a super basic, easy to understand, fun build to play for a first play through, that is not completely dependent on getting a perfect set of gear to be able to use the build?

Perfect gear doesn't exist, basically. But the answer to your question is anything marked as a league starter. Those are designed to work as cheaply as possible.

Written Guides

Arc. Lightning Bolts shoot from your hand and chain to other enemies. This is generally the gold standard for a guide that holds the hand of new players.

Poisonous Concotion. You throw flasks of acid.

YouTube Videos if you prefer:

Righteous Fire. You do damage over time in a cirlce around you without hitting any buttons. Then you have a single target damage skill.

Seismic Trap (Poison). You throw out traps. They explode into earthquakes and do absurd boss damage.

I would pick based on the playstyle that sounds/looks fun to you more than anything else.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It’s gotten so much better, Cap. They installed a giant skill tree for the Atlas that lets you pick and choose the previous league mechanics you enjoy and juices the drops to the moon, makes them spawn more often, gives them special abilities, etc. You get the skill points for it by completing maps on it and killing various bosses once each. Look at this beast:

All that thing does is make your Atlas orders of magnitude better.

My memory is shit, as you know, but I may give it a go when PoE2 drops - please send me a note when it does.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright, so my pick has been approved by my brother so i'm ready to go.

The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select Michael Lewis as our Team Author II. Some of his most well known works include Moneyball, The Big Short, The Blind Side, and Liar's Poker. He also was following around that jabroni, Sam Bankman-Fried for the last bit for a book so i'm sure that one is going to be great also.

@Strawberry Fields you're up!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For our Team Author II, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks will go on the goofy side and select Dave Barry."

[Pretend there's a picture here because my phone doesn't want to be helpful]

[That is something Dave Barry would write]

Dave Barry writes ridiculous humour, for which he has -- and I'm not making this up -- received a Pulitzer Prize. Another true story is that, all the time Mrs. Parent was in labour with our first child, I sat next to her in the hospital and read Dave Barry's Guide to Guys in between phone calls to family and friends. I tried to put a consoling hand on her shoulder at one point but she looked through my soul and said, "I would rather you not touch me at the moment." I went back to my book. I did put it down when the delivery part happened.

Dave Barry will be a nice and funny person to have in our offices, asking inappropriate childish questions to the saints and other too-serious individuals.

Over to @Rebels57.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"For our Team Author II, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks will go on the goofy side and select Dave Barry."

[Pretend there's a picture here because my phone doesn't want to be helpful]

[That is something Dave Barry would write]

Dave Barry writes ridiculous humour, for which he has -- and I'm not making this up -- received a Pulitzer Prize. Another true story is that, all the time Mrs. Parent was in labour with our first child, I sat next to her in the hospital and read Dave Barry's Guide to Guys in between phone calls to family and friends. I tried to put a consoling hand on her shoulder at one point but she looked through my soul and said, "I would rather you not touch me at the moment." I went back to my book. I did put it down when the delivery part happened.

Dave Barry will be a nice and funny person to have in our offices, asking inappropriate childish questions to the saints and other too-serious individuals.

Over to @Rebels57.

So, excellent pick. But I feel like I should mention he is my beat writer.

I see no reason why we cannot share him. 50/50 custody. Alternating weekends and holidays.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am not going to hold my breath for the "big news" today - the next time they fail to disappoint us will be the first in a very long time.

anime-slap.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock and @Asnito on deck. Rebel, if you see this pay attention to the six-hour time limit today. I normally don't care to be that anal about it, but I want you to get both of your picks in before the weekend starts. For obvious reasons * hiccup * @BernieParent is on the lido deck, but he can also make up his Dave Barry pick at any time. Starberry is on the lido afterdeck.

You know that show "The Adventures of Miss Maisel"? I haven't seen it, but I get the very strong impression that it is mostly about menstruation. Like it could be called "Adventures in Menstruation." Maybe it's because she is a lady comedian, and lady comedians usually are full of adventures in menstruation, whether they talk about them or not. Like member when Rosie O'Donnell used to stand in front of that brick wall in the 90s and tell "jokes"? Didn't you get the impression that there was a lot more than a normal amount of menstruation going on? I know I did. I couldn't put my finger on it (phrasing), but something about that whole scene gave me that impression. It's a natural part of life, and tampons yada yada yada, but I'm not sure why I would need to watch something like that. I already see enough ovaries getting destroyed. For example, Liverpool annihilated a pack of them 7-0 over the weekend. I got a very sufficient amount of laughs out of that.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
So, excellent pick. But I feel like I should mention he is my beat writer.

I see no reason why we cannot share him. 50/50 custody. Alternating weekends and holidays.
Zoinks, I didn't even check, thinking that no one ever thought that anyone would take him. I'll get on it with a much more boring selection.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
"Having been rebuffed -- er, re-Beefed -- in our attempt to bring some levity into our offices, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks will go in a different direction for our Team Author II. We select St. Augustine of Hippo.

"Bishop of Hippo (now known as Annaba, Algeria) from 396 to 430, one of the Latin Fathers of the Church and perhaps the most significant Christian thinker after St. Paul, Augustine’s adaptation of classical thought to Christian teaching created a theological system of great power and lasting influence. His numerous written works, the most important of which are Confessions (c. 400) and The City of God (c. 413–426), shaped the practice of biblical exegesis and helped lay the foundation for much of medieval and modern Christian thought.

"Intellectually, Augustine represents the most influential adaptation of the ancient Platonic tradition with Christian ideas that ever occurred in the Latin Christian world. Augustine received the Platonic past in a far more limited and diluted way than did many of his Greek-speaking contemporaries, but his writings were so widely read and imitated throughout Latin Christendom that his particular synthesis of Christian, Roman, and Platonic traditions defined the terms for much later tradition and debate.

"It is widely considered, however, that Augustine never used the term 'booger' in any of his works."

Back again to @Rebels57.

I'll trade him to you. What are you offering?
You have to give @Striiker something to get rid of him.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
"Having been rebuffed -- er, re-Beefed -- in our attempt to bring some levity into our offices, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks will go in a different direction for our Team Author II. We select St. Augustine of Hippo.

"Bishop of Hippo (now known as Annaba, Algeria) from 396 to 430, one of the Latin Fathers of the Church and perhaps the most significant Christian thinker after St. Paul, Augustine’s adaptation of classical thought to Christian teaching created a theological system of great power and lasting influence. His numerous written works, the most important of which are Confessions (c. 400) and The City of God (c. 413–426), shaped the practice of biblical exegesis and helped lay the foundation for much of medieval and modern Christian thought.

"Intellectually, Augustine represents the most influential adaptation of the ancient Platonic tradition with Christian ideas that ever occurred in the Latin Christian world. Augustine received the Platonic past in a far more limited and diluted way than did many of his Greek-speaking contemporaries, but his writings were so widely read and imitated throughout Latin Christendom that his particular synthesis of Christian, Roman, and Platonic traditions defined the terms for much later tradition and debate.

"It is widely considered, however, that Augustine never used the term 'booger' in any of his works."

Back again to @Rebels57.

Lotta words there, can I get a tldr? And for the position too please

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am not going to hold my breath for the "big news" today - the next time they fail to disappoint us will be the first in a very long time.

anime-slap.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock and @Asnito on deck. Rebel, if you see this pay attention to the six-hour time limit today. I normally don't care to be that anal about it, but I want you to get both of your picks in before the weekend starts. For obvious reasons * hiccup * @BernieParent is on the lido deck, but he can also make up his Dave Barry pick at any time. Starberry is on the lido afterdeck.

You know that show "The Adventures of Miss Maisel"? I haven't seen it, but I get the very strong impression that it is mostly about menstruation. Like it could be called "Adventures in Menstruation." Maybe it's because she is a lady comedian, and lady comedians usually are full of adventures in menstruation, whether they talk about them or not. Like member when Rosie O'Donnell used to stand in front of that brick wall in the 90s and tell "jokes"? Didn't you get the impression that there was a lot more than a normal amount of menstruation going on? I know I did. I couldn't put my finger on it (phrasing), but something about that whole scene gave me that impression. It's a natural part of life, and tampons yada yada yada, but I'm not sure why I would need to watch something like that. I already see enough ovaries getting destroyed. For example, Liverpool annihilated a pack of them 7-0 over the weekend. I got a very sufficient amount of laughs out of that.

I will pick today. Also no booze for me this weekend. I'm drying out...until next weekend lol

Also, the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fantastic. It's like a funny version of Mad Men. I will not stand for Rachel Brosnahan slander.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I still pick today. Also no booze for me this weekend. I'm drying out...until next weekend lol

Also, the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fantastic. It's like a funny version of Mad Men. I will not stand for Rachel Brosnahan slander.
I watched the first episode of mad men and did not understand how it managed to become a multi season show. Nothing about it was entertaining.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I didn't get back here in time to make this suggestion, but you could always pick Barry's best friend, who is arguably actually even better.

I still pick today. Also no booze for me this weekend. I'm drying out...until next weekend lol

You will stand for it, and you will like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad