GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I've always admired @Sea Eagles for his consistency and for his completely upbeat and optimistic takes. Sure, it's likely viewed as homerism, but man the Avs are all about that. I never heard Peter McNab say a bad word about anyone or anything. Also, SE is a completely stand up dude for actually going through with his end of the bargain and filming himself eating a worm after losing his bet here. I'd be surprised if the vast majority of posters around here wouldn't have just gone radio silent about losing the bet instead.

I'm amazed at this animosity that really came out of nowhere to me. I'm pretty disappointed that we have a thread that has gone on this long allowing non-stop attacks against a poster rather than the contents of any one specific post. It's a board rule to attack the post, not the poster. If you don't like a poster, this is exactly what the ignore feature is for, but you don't need to go around bashing anyone after having done relieved yourself of their posts.
Yeah. This is so disappointing. Some of you just literally chased @Sea Eagles off for no reason in what seemed to be a genuinely mean spirited way…? If he was making personal attacks, okay, but afaik he’s never gone after anybody, ever. He seems like a great guy, irregardless of hockey opinion differences. Hope you make a return next season @Sea Eagles.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Avs would be wise to get the Rantanen contract done before one of these Canadian teams sign their UFA to a stupid contract. Draisaitl and Marner are both in the same situation, and both could push the price up. Really going Rantanen takes a discount to stay. Maybe $10.5m x 8?
Depends on what you consider as a discount. But he's certainly not taking less than Pastrnak (11.25), nor should he.

I don't really know how much the Marner deal has an effect. Marner signed before Rantanen the last time, and I think at the time Rantanen could still argue he's just as valuable. Rantanen signed for almost 2 million less with the same term.

8x12=96 sounds like the sweet spot IMO.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Damn people actually chased Sea Eagles away !! I would most rather have his optimism and positivity than criticism and negativity all year long. I can be that negative guy sometimes but probably calm down after few hours. Some of you being that negative and pessimistic gave up in our cup run after losing one game to the Blues and yet probably celebrated the most. That's what I find hilarious. RIP Sea Eagles
old-man-sad.gif

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Damn people actually chased Sea Eagles away !! I would most rather have his optimism and positivity than criticism and negativity all year long. I can be that negative guy sometimes but probably calm down the next day. Some of you being that negative and pessimistic gave up in our cup run after losing one game to the Blues and yet probably celebrated the most. That's what I find hilarious. RIP Sea Eagles
old-man-sad.gif

I give up as soon as I see we lose the opening faceoff of the game but I literally ripped my shirt off when the clock hit 0 in game 6 vs the Bolts.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
EDIT: Scratch that. I think that's the end for me here guys. I'm giving away this forum as of today. Love you all. It's been a great ride. Here's hoping for a Stanley Cup next season.

Feel free to DM me anytime.

Sea Eagles - over and out.
Been there before too. Generally due to a select few and some of those couldn't really be put on ignore, so they were enough to make the experience un-enjoyable.
Took a break from posting here but would pop in for a read once in a while.
After a year or so, would come back so the cycle could continue.
Just take the summer off and try revisiting once the season starts. Lord knows this board will need some optimism once the first loss happens.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

So, where ARE we, and where are we going ? I'd love to hear what your reality is?

Also, why are you making this personal ?

EDIT: Scratch that. I think that's the end for me here guys. I'm giving away this forum as of today. Love you all. It's been a great ride. Here's hoping for a Stanley Cup next season.

Feel free to DM me anytime.

Sea Eagles - over and out.
Yeah, don't leave, Brother. Just put those you don't get along with on ignore. Makes things a lot more tolerable.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
According to The Athletic staff, Avs and Preds have the same chance to win the cup next year.

nIGuJmj.png

Cale in his own league

XvETV7p.png

Last edited:
Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad