GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Possibly? Avs just essentially signed his replacement on the 4th line, and his 2.5 million cleared could pay for Skinner (2m) and most of Kelly's contract.
Since when Wood is on the 4th line? He's been stapled to Colton from day 1 and Kovalenko sure didn't come close to stealing his spot last year.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not a bad day in the end (is it the end even, Kadri trade came like two or three hours from now didn't it)? Good depth signings, and that Drouin deal is just so good. While I thought that would be a smart bet for both sides, I didn't think Drouin would actually take up on it. As in a 1 year deal on a small AAV. He's going to cash in next summer though, playing full time with Nate now and presumably going on all cylinders from the start. Incoming 90 point season.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I kind of wish the Avs would move both Wood and Colton. I liked the signings a year ago, but they were kind of a failed experiment.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I think a number of players are on the table.

I wouldn’t rule out Lehkonen/Nichushkin in deals where a NHL ready prospect is coming back. Colton/Wood more likely.

My hope is that it’s not a straight cash out situation with only picks coming back. I’d like cheap depth coming our way, or good NHL ready prospects.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Reunions all around for the Avs apparently. I would've liked Brannstrom but I guess he's not coming cheap. Well, probably not minimum cheap.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Would someone be able to explain how Nuke’s cap hit is pro-rated? My understanding is that it is going to be pro-rated to the date he returns, but is that factually accurate?

If so, even if it’s just $1m pro-ration, we should be fine to ice a lineup with no additional moves.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Where is this guy?
w640xh480_GettyImages-1318178770.jpg

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Would someone be able to explain how Nuke’s cap hit is pro-rated? My understanding is that it is going to be pro-rated to the date he returns, but is that factually accurate?

If so, even if it’s just $1m pro-ration, we should be fine to ice a lineup with no additional moves.
It’s prorated because he’ll miss close to 20% of the season’s days while on suspension.

But no, even with that, we’re over the cap with a healthy team.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Man, we are really dumpster diving today.

I guess it’s just securing some NHL depth and then making the more significant trade later.

The Drouin signing was a huge win. I’m happy with today.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad