GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
The Wings paid a 2nd to get rid of Walman so they could pay Tarasenko and their 3 headed monster in net?? Living amongst Wings fans is still going to be hilarious, they were getting really hopeful last year

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We probably have no cap space, but if I were the Avs I would still try and sign Kylington. Healthy competition, especially on the back end is always a good thing. Only problem is he's another left-shot defender so Avs won't do it.

Avs need a defensive-minded 3rd line centre most of all, which can push Colton to the wing on that line. Probably happens via a trade since I don't really see any amazing options out there.

I guess Luke Fox doesn't realise that Klingberg probably won't play again.
Regarding 3C, what's your idea with how to handle the cap after adding a 3C to push Colton to wing? Are you just spending some of the Landeskog/Nichushkin cap and then dealing with the cap fallout in November?

Agree on Kylington. Whilst hes stylistically more of the same as the Avs already have, it probably wouldn't hurt to add depth and push DeHaan etc down a spot in the depth chart.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The Yzerplan seems... not good. They desperately need Kasper or Danielsson to become impact C's or move for a high end one or else I don't see them getting out this fringe playoff team area that they're in.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is this bad?

FihnCRI.png

• Wow
Reactions: Vk1ing

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Yzerplan seems... not good. They desperately need Kasper or Danielsson to become impact C's or move for a high end one or else I don't see them getting out this fringe playoff team area that they're in.
I get what he's doing and in theory it's not a bad plan, but you need a star to build around. Trying to shift to a competitive team and building a winning culture is about a year or two premature imo, and it'll probably result in them being in no mans land.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
what exactly are the Red Wings doing?
Stupidity.

JTC centering old ass Tarasenko and old ass Kane :laugh:

Depressing

Is this bad?

FihnCRI.png

He was trades for a pick. Pick was worth something not so good on average.

I get what he's doing and in theory it's not a bad plan, but you need a star to build around. Trying to shift to a competitive team and building a winning culture is about a year or two premature imo, and it'll probably result in them being in no mans land.

Exactly how I see it. They are signing these vets few years too early

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean I just hate his free agent signings for the most part. Just seems like everything is a being done to make them a good team instead of going for more. Like the roster for the most part is fine and has potential everywhere except C. Just seems like they’re wasting some years by bringing in decent players everywhere but C to give Larkin some help.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I mean I just hate his free agent signings for the most part. Just seems like everything is a being done to make them a good team instead of going for more. Like the roster for the most part is fine and has potential everywhere except C. Just seems like they’re wasting some years by bringing in decent players everywhere but C to give Larkin some help.
I honestly don't think it's bad, again IF they had another ~2-3 prospects like Michkov/Smith/Demidov/etc. who have star potential.

The issue is they don't have that level of talent. They have Danielson, Kasper, Edvinsson, etc. who are all decent prospects and may become a core player, but they don't have a star. If they were a little bit worse they would've had Michkov/Smith and Parekh/Catton/Buium/etc. - players that have potential to be stars.

But what i'm saying is moot because you're right, what he's doing is simply making them a good team.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad