GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How much cap space do we actually have left with Nuke's prorated contract?
About 1.2-1.3m... this doesn't count the extra player needed to replace Nuke in the meantime though. So can't quite get 2 players on minimum deals. It'll be tight and tricky.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Nice to see Drouin back, he helped us with that one. Earned a lot of respect in my book by helping us out. He must really like playing with 29.

But that being said I still think we'll have to make a trade, there simply isn't enough money to fill out a roster.
They should be fine until Nichushkin comes back, but at that point they'll likely need to move some money as a 20 or even 21 man roster may be a bit too tight to be workable.

Go get pinto !

Colton out and Pinto in at s caphit lower than $4m would be shrewd. Doubt Pinto wants to play 3C though as isn't that the reason he doesn't want to re-sign in Ottawa?

That would suck if Skinner went to the Oil.
Skinner should do what Tyson Barrie did and sign a short term deal to play next to McDrai to pump his numbers. Hyman got 60+ this year next to McDavid after all.
Please get rid of Wood. We could actually have a really powerful Top 9 if they ever got fully healthy/no drug addictions.

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Skinner - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - Lehky
xxxxx -- xxxxx - O'Connor

That would actually rival the 2022 team.
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Kadri - Nichushkin
Burakovsky - Compher - NAK/Newhook
Cogliano - Helm - O'Connor

Yeah it's pretty close to the 2022 team. But Kadri was playing like a legit 1C though which probably tips the scales. The 2025 3rd line looks much better though. Just need to find new versions of Helm and Cogliano

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Alexander Nylander just become a UFA! No qualifying offer from Columbus. 11 goals in 20 games.

The guy gets stuck in the corner by obsessity and loses the puck there but maybe JoD and MacK can avoid that to happen? The guy is a WJC scoring champ!

Jonathan Drouin - Nathan MacKinnon - Alexander Nylander ?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As much as I’d love to see him take a sweetheart deal to go to Colorado, I don’t see any scenario where there’s a cheap ass deal he’d take to play for the Avs which Edmonton couldn’t just offer the same deal and why would you ever choose playing with Mackinnon or Mittelstadt over Mcdavid or Draisaitl. Especially when they were just a win away from a Stanley Cup.
I don't understand the Edmonton part. Are the Avs a perennial dweller? They're the ones with a Stanley Cup. We know how rare it is for teams to get back there after having been there the previous season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd rather spend money on a center who can take faceoffs and PK please.

We have plenty of AHL 4th line wingers.

Reactions: arun

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
They should be fine until Nichushkin comes back, but at that point they'll likely need to move some money as a 20 or even 21 man roster may be a bit too tight to be workable.

Colton out and Pinto in at s caphit lower than $4m would be shrewd. Doubt Pinto wants to play 3C though as isn't that the reason he doesn't want to re-sign in Ottawa?

Skinner should do what Tyson Barrie did and sign a short term deal to play next to McDrai to pump his numbers. Hyman got 60+ this year next to McDavid after all.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Kadri - Nichushkin
Burakovsky - Compher - NAK/Newhook
Cogliano - Helm - O'Connor

Yeah it's pretty close to the 2022 team. But Kadri was playing like a legit 1C though which probably tips the scales. The 2025 3rd line looks much better though. Just need to find new versions of Helm and Cogliano

Wonder if Calgary can absorb 2 mill of his (Kadri) salary and give him to us for free...

Is Wood on the move?

Holly Wood?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Columbus signing Monahan to a 5 year deal makes me wonder if Jenner may actually be available. They now have Fantili, Sillinger, Jenner, and Monahan at C

Swapping Colton for Jenner retained (either one for one or in separate traded) would open enough capspace to run a full roster

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Interesting to note that of all the players on their original roster that made it all the way to the Cup Final, Wild Bill Karlsson is the only guy left.
Theodore for now

side note for you conspiracy folks...
If the Avs are planning on shedding some cap later, Ducks have saved plenty of room. They too are a fit for a team needing some "role models" as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad