GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
TSN:

“Colorado would like to make a Skinner signing work but you get the feeling there would be a move or two required to see it happen”
As much as I’d love to see him take a sweetheart deal to go to Colorado, I don’t see any scenario where there’s a cheap ass deal he’d take to play for the Avs which Edmonton couldn’t just offer the same deal and why would you ever choose playing with Mackinnon or Mittelstadt over Mcdavid or Draisaitl. Especially when they were just a win away from a Stanley Cup.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As much as I’d love to see him take a sweetheart deal to go to Colorado, I don’t see any scenario where there’s a cheap ass deal he’d take to play for the Avs which Edmonton couldn’t just offer the same deal and why would you ever choose playing with Mackinnon or Mittelstadt over Mcdavid or Draisaitl. Especially when they were just a win away from a Stanley Cup.

Well, not having to be in Edmonton for one!

There's also the Landy factor.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Man Jonathan Marchessault sounds bitter ! Business is business but I sure hope this catches up to Vegas soon, what’s their identity if you keep turning over their roster this much year after year . Whatever , f em
Vegas is gonna be screwed big time soon when they run out of assets and can’t trade for big name players anymore. Actually their decline may have already started. They’ve lost bunch of key players already

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Vegas is gonna be screwed big time soon when they run out of assets and can’t trade for big name players anymore. Actually their decline may have already started. They’ve lost bunch of key players already
Interesting to note that of all the players on their original roster that made it all the way to the Cup Final, Wild Bill Karlsson is the only guy left.

Reactions: the_fan

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
One thing about the Nuke at $5m is the Avs will have to carry a player to ice a team that costs against the cap for the month. So it isn't a full savings.

The cap situation is pretty horrendous though. Next season, even if we get to say 93m cap it is even worse... Mikko's raise + George's raise/replacement + Drouin again with only about 5m.
Replacing LOC next season too...

Hopefully Nabokov can make an instant impact to offer a cheap solution in goal. And maybe Behrens can make Girard expendable. One could hope anyways

He forgot which of his four chins he buried the calculator in.
He has more chins than a Chinese phone book

• Haha
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Where does Skinner fit? Put Mittelstadt between him and Rantanen? Poor Mittelstadt gonna be playing with two defensive blackholes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad