GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
unrelated to the pick itself, but why does Verbeek look like he’s never spoken in front of a f***ing crowd before? More like little ball of nerves. And why don’t we a ever have former players announcing?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
fantilli only has carlsson beat when it comes to his shot, speed, and physicality. and carlsson doesn't have a bad shot by any means. i'm pretty optimistic about this pick
Part of the reason his shot got a bad rap was due to the other top 4 picks have elite shots and then Michkov has elite shot too.

Carlssons shot is better than Zegras was in 2019 draft. I just want to see him use it more and improve it to where it's better than Zegras so he can 1 time it like classic Getz.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Leo has the higher offensive potential, higher IQ and is a puck hound, and knows where to go. He can easily adapt a more physical game with his size.

Basically drafted the next Kopitar/Barkov

Eh, physicality isn't something that is usually learned. Typically you either have it or you don't.

I want to be optimistic but Fantilli just made too much sense. Prove me wrong Leo.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Pretty sure what Bucci said about "the lowest floor" wasn't technically what he meant to say. He certainly doesn't have the lowest floor. I think he meant he had the most room for growth based on how much stronger he can get with his frame.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
This feels exactly like when we drafted Lindholm instead of guys like Dumba and Trouba. If Madden and Verbeek passed on Fantilli for Carlsson, then they truly believe in his potential. I would have drafted Fantilli, but I believe in our scouting staff and GM. Very happy to have Carlsson on the team.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
As a fan of the Burke style hockey it's hard to stay a fan with Verbeek here. It goes against everything that I like about hockey. The worst team in the league and the softest. He won't sign or trade for physical players it didn't happen after the Terry incident. As soon as the team moves to San Diego which it will I'll stop being a fan. It's unwatchable and has no method. Let's draft the biggest gentle giants we can get and play no defense. It will take another 10 years to clean up this pos mess

Oct 18, 2011
My opinion is elite versions of players with fantillis traits are hardly ever available, now the teams have more access to info than we do but when you pass on a significant consensus it comes off as doing the "look how smart we are" thing, so if theyre right they get to gloat about it, if they're wrong Verbeek will never get another GM job

SouthernCal

Jun 28, 2023
Orange County
As a fan of the Burke style hockey it's hard to stay a fan with Verbeek here. It goes against everything that I like about hockey. The worst team in the league and the softest. He won't sign or trade for physical players it didn't happen after the Terry incident. As soon as the team moves to San Diego which it will I'll stop being a fan. It's unwatchable and has no method. Let's draft the biggest gentle giants we can get and play no defense. It will take another 10 years to clean up this pos mess
A little extreme but Verbeek does bother me the way he doesn't upgrade the team and get some grit/physicality. So strange especially when you think about the way Verbeek played the game. How are our young players supposed to develop when we never have the puck and are consistently getting bullied.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
McKeen's draft guide has a 2-page Q&A write up on Leo Carlsson if anyone's intrested.

Ranked him 4th smartest forward in the draft after Benson, Bedard and Smith.
Ranked him 2nd hardest worker in the draft after Gavin Brindley.

Don't ask me where Fantilli ranked in each skills because I'll get depressed.

Oct 18, 2011
Verbeeks tenure to this point has been disappointing. The complete lack of regard for physicality when he was that style of player is surprising to me I hope he addresses it this summer

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
This has strong Randy Quaid in Major League 2 vibes.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So Ducks fan who wanted us to finish last to get 1st overall pick so we would draft Bedard didn't get what they want after we lost the draft lottery then are like at least we will get Fantilli with the 2nd overall pick are now unhappy we didn't pick him.

Hoping Carlsson is able to be our new Getzlaf.

Reactions: Terry Yake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad