NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Barkov may not have the same offensive numbers, but head-to-head, he's owned three of the four ahead of him in playoffs...and the fourth he's yet to meet in the post season.
The idea that Barkov is better than McDavid genuinely needs to stop.

It’s purely ridiculous.

I think most posters here overrate Drai and don't realize how his production is altered by :

1. Playing with McDavid on the PP
2. McDavid drawing all the attention from their opponents best defensive players.
So Malkin was also never that great?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If you hold the best offensive player in the league to a draw, you owned that shared ice time.
That doesn’t make any sense.

When you’re equal when on the ice together, and WAY behind when you’re not on the ice together… how are you better?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What a surprise Scheifele tied with Z, ahead of Stutzle, Hintz, Bedard in points, nearly PPG and +17 but you know Winnipeg...4th best team in the league last year. NHL won't acknowledge him after he correctly said that the league doesn't want Winnipeg to win.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What a surprise Scheifele tied with Z, ahead of Stutzle, Hintz, Bedard in points, nearly PPG and +17 but you know Winnipeg...4th best team in the league last year. NHL won't acknowledge him after he correctly said that the league doesn't want Winnipeg to win.
Why would they reward whiners?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'm not sure I see an argument for anyone below Bedard being better than Robert Thomas, and with Bedard it's mainly based off of what he will most likely become.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Matthews over Barkov and Draisaitl is too funny
69 goals will do that
Matthews is a significantly better player than Draisaitl. Goal scoring and defensively isn’t even close. He’s also better physically.

Matthews has 80 more even strength goals than Drai, in 160 less games.

I get that it’s fun to trash the Leafs. But people really need to stop putting Draisaitl in the same conversation. One trick ponies on the PP aren’t better than record setting goal scorers that are Selke nominees.

I guess it comes down to which part of the season you value most.

Matthews 55GP: 23G, 25A = 48P, 0.87 P/G

Draisaitl 74GP: 41G, 67A = 108P, 1.46 P/G

You would agree Draisaitl is the superior player in that statistical sample, no?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
They couldn’t pass on the opportunity to put one of the most hyped prospects of the decade into the list, which I guess I get even though it doesn’t make sense.
And Journalists wonder why people question journalistic integrity. :skeptic:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Totally forgot about Hischier he’s in the top 20, Bedard is so highly skilled playing on a crappy team, expecting a great season playing with better linemates.
In terms of offensive ability, Bedard is probably top 10. But he's so bad defensively I'd have a hard time ranking him much higher than 20. He doesn't really even play center if you watch him, and was formally moved to the wing at the end of the year.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
In terms of offensive ability, Bedard is probably top 10. But he's so bad defensively I'd have a hard time ranking him much higher than 20. He doesn't really even play center if you watch him, and was formally moved to the wing at the end of the year.
He also decided to run into a brick wall with his head.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
1) McDavid
2) MacKinnon
3) Draisaitl
------------
4) Matthews
5) Barkov
6) Crosby
7) Eichel
8) Point
9) JT Miller
10) E. Pettersson
11) J. Hughes
----------
12) Bedard
13) Aho
14) Suzuki
15) Zibanejad
16) Larkin
17) Stutzle
18) Scheifele
19) Thomas
20) Hintz
HM: Verhaeghe, Trochek, O’Rielly, Horvat, Malkin, Kopitar
Verhaeghe is a winger.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
He’s young and coachable. He’s too smart on the ice not to figure it out.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He’s young and coachable. He’s too smart on the ice not to figure it out.
I agree that he's going to be all over these lists ine day, but he's very clearly not there yet based on what we saw in the NHL and especially the WC. Chicago gave him an extremely long leash to pretty much ignore his defensive duties because they weren't competing for anything, but that leash went away when his coaches were actually expecting to win.

If he was a top 12-13 center in the world, he wouldn't have been demoted to 13th forward for much of the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad