NHL: Around the League 53

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
I haven't had many dreams about hockey since I started following in 2014 but last night I had one of the Lightning beating the Avs to win the cup, which felt pretty random as I haven't really thought of either of those teams this offseason.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9416.jpeg

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Swayman is a fool. No team is going to pay him an 8 year, $9.5m AAV deal. He's going to sit out for nothing as I don't see the Bruins FO bending to this especially since he's not proven much.

-Vasilevskiy finished 3rd and 1st in Vezina voting the years before his contract was signed. He finished 3rd that season the deal was inked. He's won 2 Cups and had a Vezina runner-up season since then.

-Bobrovsky won 2 Vezina's, had a top 3 and top 5 Hart season before his big contract. He finished 3rd in Vezina voting this year and was awesome in a Cup run. Outside of this season that contract has hardly been worth it.

-Hellebuyck had a Vezina win and finishes of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in Vezina voting before his deal. He won a Vezina last year.

Swayman had a career high of 43 starts last year and a top7 Vezina finish. He wants an elite contract because of what, a Jennings trophy that he only played 40% of the games for? GTFO. He'd have to be a regular top 3 Vezina threat and a playoff monster for that deal to be worth it and he hasn't proven that ability yet whatsoever.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Swayman is a fool. No team is going to pay him an 8 year, $9.5m AAV deal. He's going to sit out for nothing as I don't see the Bruins FO bending to this especially since he's not proven much.

Sweeney and B's are fools here IMO

- Didn't gauge contract expectations before moving Ullmark
- Took on that horrible Korpisalo deal in Ullmark trade
- Sweeney using press as tool in his negotiation and now upset the other side is doing same

Sweeney has done a pretty piss poor job after inheriting core he failed to build around. His drafting especially the failure in 2015 has largely failed to build a supporting core with just a couple hits

Now going into first months of season potentially with Korpisalo as your #1 goalie may very well sink B's season

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It all depends on the dollars Swayman is looking for. If he's looking to reset the goalie market he's in the wrong. If he's asking for term and the Bruins are trying to squeeze him I get why he's upset.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

- Sweeney using press as tool in his negotiation and now upset the other side is doing same

Sweeney has done a pretty piss poor job after inheriting core he failed to build around. His drafting especially the failure in 2015 has largely failed to build a supporting core with just a couple hits

Now going into first months of season potentially with Korpisalo as your #1 goalie may very well sink B's season
-Apparently (from what i read on the B's board) the Ullmark deal was done in good faith to show Swayman they wanted him here.

-Boston has a much better defensive system than Ottawa, i'm sure Korpisalo will look better as a Bruin than he did as a Senator

-Swayman's agent is using the press as a tool as well, he probably leaked some slant to Spittin' Chiclets

-Since 2015/16 until this past season the Bruins have been a regular season powerhouse, what are you talking about? They're first in the league in points over that time and made a SCF appearance.

-On the flipside, going with Korpisalo for the first few months and having a decent season tanks Swayman's value as well no? Unless Ullmark and Swayman are exceptional goaltenders (unlikely), the Bruin's system in place is conducive to good goaltending. Swayman holding out and not getting into game shape isn't going to help him.

Regardless, he hasn't proven anything and is demanding an elite contract. The Bruins are right to not give it to him and I'd hope in the same situation KD would do the same.

It all depends on the dollars Swayman is looking for. If he's looking to reset the goalie market he's in the wrong. If he's asking for term and the Bruins are trying to squeeze him I get why he's upset.
"Rumors" are he's looking for a McAvoy deal, which is absurd

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Lol what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad