NHL: Around the League 52

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Oilers snuck through by a hair tonight. With Draisaitl on life support I bet the Vegas odds are still heavily against them to win the next two games.

McDavid played a monster game.

Reactions: BHawk21

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Oilers snuck through by a hair tonight. With Draisaitl on life support I bet the Vegas odds are still heavily against them to win the next two games.

McDavid played a monster game.
What's up with Draisaitl? I don't think he is playing hurt but after previously looking like a Conn Smythe candidate in the playoffs he has fizzled completely in the final. If Oilers are to come back and win they absolutely need him to return to form.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Mcdavid is now just 5 points back from the single season playoff points record.

He's the best player I've ever witnessed since Super Mario. I wasn't quite old enough to see Wayne in his prime, but this dude is legendary good. I thought Crosby was great. I thought Jagr was great. Forsberg, Sakic, Bure, Yzerman, Modano etc. McDavid is a level or two above them all.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What's up with Draisaitl? I don't think he is playing hurt but after previously looking like a Conn Smythe candidate in the playoffs he has fizzled completely in the final. If Oilers are to come back and win they absolutely need him to return to form.

There’s been a lot of rumors about a back injury suffered in the Dallas series.

Remember in 2013 in the Final, it turned out that Hossa had a pinched nerve and had lost feeling in one of his feet? I could see it being something like that.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Panthers are in big trouble. I think they're done.
I hope I’m wrong but there’s no way this is ending at game 6 in Edmonton. I would entertain McDavid getting 5+ points and breaking gretzky’s scoring record before they lose that game.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I hope I’m wrong but there’s no way this is ending at game 6 in Edmonton. I would entertain McDavid getting 5+ points and breaking gretzky’s scoring record before they lose that game.
Credit to Oilers for making it more of a series but their defensive game is not good enough to win 2 more games, IMO. I hope they somehow pull it off but the odds, though better than they were, remain stacked against them.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Draisaitl also has a broken finger to go along with his back problem. Hes a completely different player right now then normal. Im not sure Edmonton can win 2 without him at the top of his game. Im very glad they made it a series. Great hockey.

Tkachuk was a MONSTER last night. McDavid won the Conn Smyth last night. Whoever wins is going to deserve it. Wish I could be at Rogers place on Friday. It will be on fire.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
The best player since Gretzky/Lemeiux, which he likely was for a little bit but he was just too injured to be that guy. I think McDavid is a tier ahead.

I agree but Mcdavid still has some ways to go to match Crosbys career. He’s still 1.25 p/pg at age 36. 10th all time in regular season scoring and 6th all time in playoff scoring. Obviously Mcdavid has more individual hardware but like you said injuries derailed that part for Crosby.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Bouchard also moved into 3rd alone for playoff scoring from defenseman with 32 points. 2 points back from Leetch to tie for 2nd and 5 points back from Coffey to tie for 1st.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
What was Crosby supposed to be?

He is a Generational talent.

People like to forget that Crosby fought off a lot of injuries in the earlier part of his career. Between 2010 and 2012 he missed 100 games due to concussions.

Then in 2013 he broke his jaw at the end of the season, though I think he only missed a couple playoff games.

How would our Blackhawks have fared in a cup final with a healthy Crosby in 2010 or 2013? I'm not so sure it would have played out the same.

Source and details: A Prime Stolen By Concussions: The Sidney Crosby Narrative

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What was Crosby supposed to be?

He is a Generational talent.
He missed out on his two prime years in his early twenties at a time when he was lighting the league on fire. He’s a top 10 player all time but had he not gotten injured they’d be talking about him how they talk about McDavid now i.e. at a Lemieux-tier.

McDavid might win a Smythe even if the Oilers lose. I hope he does.

People like to forget that Crosby fought off a lot of injuries in the earlier part of his career. Between 2010 and 2012 he missed 100 games due to concussions.

Then in 2013 he broke his jaw at the end of the season, though I think he only missed a couple playoff games.

How would our Blackhawks have fared in a cup final with a healthy Crosby in 2010 or 2013? I'm not so sure it would have played out the same.

Source and details: A Prime Stolen By Concussions: The Sidney Crosby Narrative
2010 and 2013 Hawks would’ve still won. Handily. I think the Toews line shut Crosby down pretty well both years.

Crosby and Malkin were both shut out in a 4 game sweep vs Boston in 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad