NHL: Around the League 52

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Do you think there are different degrees to this hit? This wasnt Hatcher on Roenick.
Yes, this is a 1 or 2 game suspension vs a 3-5 gamer. Could have been worse, but could have been avoided.

And if I'm Florida, im looking to send Bennett straight after Drai or McDavids head with his patented punch to the head hit.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Seven games in 99 is like a forty game suspension in 2024.
So yes you agree there can be different degrees of a high hit. Some can be a minor penalty some can be a 7 game suspension. You are saying he should get how many games? I am saying I think a minor penalty covers it. Thats it. Your not going to change my mind. I am sorry. You can move on.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So yes you agree there can be different degrees of a high hit. Some can be a minor penalty some can be a 7 game suspension. You are saying he should get how many games? I am saying I think a minor penalty covers it. Thats it. Your not going to change my mind. I am sorry. You can move on.
Who wouldn't agree that there's different degrees of high hits? What a nothing argument. Drai should get 2-3 games if Barkov misses time. I think he'll get a fine.

You're just as free to move on. I'll keep telling you how and why you're wrong if you choose not too.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Who wouldn't agree that there's different degrees of high hits? What a nothing argument. Drai should get 2-3 games if Barkov misses time. I think he'll get a fine.

You're just as free to move on. I'll keep telling you how and why you're wrong if you choose not too.
You think Draisaitl should get three games for that hit. pfff.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I agree. The hit was high and the call on the ice was appropriate.

I do think there was some acting involved. Barkov made absolutely certain that the ref call a penalty on the play.
Might be one of the stupidest things said on this board, and thats saying something.

Your posts just get more and more ridiculous over time.
Has the Joe Biden disease. Just gets dumber and dumber.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Dude missed the last ten minutes of a SCF game that was 2-1. He's their best player. What a nonsensical take.
I agree hes not acting but you are saying that in this SCF game that the oilers are down by 1 with 9 min left in the offensive zone that Draisaitl had intent to injure and was head hunting.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m working for 6 of these 7 scheduled SCF games and it’s killing me. I might be able to watch tomorrow night.

Dirty play by Drai, he should be suspended.

What’s going on with the Oilers why are they down 2-0??

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I agree hes not acting but you are saying that in this SCF game that the oilers are down by 1 with 5 min left in the offensive zone that Draisaitl had intent to injure and was head hunting.
I don't argue intent because it's impossible to prove. You can look at a jumping elbow and decide that's a suspendable hit because it violates these rules which are cut and dry.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I’m working for 6 of these 7 scheduled SCF games and it’s killing me. I might be able to watch tomorrow night.

Couldnt score against Bob game 1 with a couple defensive errors and then Florida smothered them game 2.

I don't argue intent because it's impossible to prove. You can look at a jumping elbow and decide that's a suspendable hit because it violates these rules which are cut and dry.
Can you argue jumping when a foots still on the ice at the point of contact?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

The Panthers are suffocating them and outside of McDrai they don't have the depth scoring to compete when their PP isn't scoring.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
After up and down 1st round and game 1 vs B's he has been absolute brick wall since outside of one game and has been getting better as playoffs have gone along

Vs TB = 4-1 with .896 sv pct
Vs Bos = 4-2 with .906 sv pct
Vs NYR = 4-2 with .920 sv pct + 1 SO
Vs Edm = 2-0 with .980 sv pct + 1 SO

Since the game 1 loss to B's in which he gave up 4 goals, Bob has over next 13 games given up

5 goals = 1 time (OT loss)
2 goals = 6 times (OT loss in one of those games)
1 goal = 4 times
0 goals = 2 times

Bob over last 13 games

10-3 with .930 sv pct and 2 SO's

Right now, Panthers have a few guys in running for playoff MVP with no one running away with it. Should they prevail someone of that group would get it and if Bob finishes off the finals strong, he certainly has far better case then your giving him

LOL.....I doubt there's a single NHL player who has faced Bob in these playoffs would agree with you. Of course it isn't over yet but it's odd timing for this as well as Bob has looked more and more solid as the POs have progressed. He just stole game 1 of the final and is clearly in Oilers shooters head.

To clarify, Bob has been great, but the Panthers are so good at controlling the game and limiting shots, that it's crazy to me to give the award to the goalie. The Oilers last night had zero high danger chances. So yes, 12 of 13 giving up 2 or less, how much of that is the goalie and how much of that is the overall team play?

Barkov is the MVP to me for his role in their shutdown game, but the voters won't give it to him if he doesn't increase his point total before the series ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad