NHL: Around the League 52

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Tarasenko is only 32. It’s amazing what an absolute non factor he’s been. I honestly forgot he’s on this team

I don’t like the Geico lamp commercial. Should be kids playing on an ODR. That truly captures the hockey spirit - and was my reality for like 10 years.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
As a repeat offender, Trouba was fortunate to escape a major, followed by suspension. The NHL is never predictable when it comes to officiating, it's rulings on goals to allow or disallow or in its disciplinary rulings after the fact.
I suppose in this case the NHL determined that the elbow was a reflex reaction, not intentional.
Should have been a major and a suspension.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah.... the +/- stat is so much fun and such a convenient stat. It's either irrelevant or a barometer of a player's performance. Similar to the way politicians manipulate stats, it depends on your belief which way to go. Like so many players, his contract is too high but he's nowhere as bad as you like to imply. Your bias towards Oilers is showing again.

My "bias" falls in line with almost every Oiler fan at this point

Literally many are calling it the worst contract in NHL and how he is actively the worst player on Oiler team

Reactions: Giovi

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Tarasenko is only 32. It’s amazing what an absolute non factor he’s been. I honestly forgot he’s on this team

I don’t like the Geico lamp commercial. Should be kids playing on an ODR. That truly captures the hockey spirit - and was my reality for like 10 years.
I disagree. Tarasenko has shown to me to be a pretty complete player..... just not the guy who everyone relies on to score. In a way he epitomizes the Panthers player in the way he plays the game... and he has not lost his shot. If he gets the puck in a shooting position he's dangerous.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Best if 3 now. Panthers are the better team, but Igor is stupid. He's perfectly capable of stealing this series.

My "bias" falls in line with almost every Oiler fan at this point

Literally many are calling it the worst contract in NHL and how he is actively the worst player on Oiler team
Are you surprised by Bobby? It’s the epitome of what Bobby likes. Big, physical, unable to play hockey. He did this shit with a washed up Seabrook as well.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some reports speculate that Leafs may have to choose to sign one of Bertuzzi or Max Domi. I reckon it's a difficult decision but I know who I would keep. The ex-Hawk.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Some reports speculate that Leafs may have to choose to sign one of Bertuzzi or Max Domi. I reckon it's a difficult decision but I know who I would keep. The ex-Hawk.
Depends at what cost. He certainly isnt worth the 5mil on a longer term deal that he is looking for.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Looks like I'm going to have an in-person view for the lower-tier prospects of the Rags:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've come to the conclusion that Oilers and Rangers are both getting the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating. Why, is anyone's guess... but that's what I see.

Reactions: Kerberos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad