NHL: Around the League 52

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
$5K fine for Trouba's elbow attempt last night. Why are they so allergic to suspensions and serious consequences for injuring/attempting to injure players?

Reactions: Pez68 and Giovi

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
$5K fine for Trouba's elbow attempt last night. Why are they so allergic to suspensions and serious consequences for injuring/attempting to injure players?
As a repeat offender, Trouba was fortunate to escape a major, followed by suspension. The NHL is never predictable when it comes to officiating, it's rulings on goals to allow or disallow or in its disciplinary rulings after the fact.
I suppose in this case the NHL determined that the elbow was a reflex reaction, not intentional.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Dallas has a lot of depth, but Heiskanen cannot be your leading scorer and lead you to the promised land.

Dallas right now lacks a true game changer at forward. Robertson in particular has been bad and Pavelski is cooked.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
My bracket has the Rags beating the Oilers in the Final.

Cautiously optimistic. Probably the only way I win the HF Hawks bracket challenge. Only me and Shogun have NYR winning it all.

Edit: Dammit Edmonton...

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think Jason Robertson has played some ball hockey the way he flicked that into the top of the net. Lovely goal

Edit: Stars score again. Oilers in shock.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
These 10 minutes are the epitome of why Dallas is so good. They might not have any forwards that stack up to Mcdavid/Draisaitl on an individual basis but they can throw 3 high end scoring lines at you. There’s no reprieve

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
These 10 minutes are the epitome of why Dallas is so good. They might not have any forwards that stack up to Mcdavid/Draisaitl on an individual basis but they can throw 3 high end scoring lines at you. There’s no reprieve

How ironic is it that they lost the game where Seguin scored twice but are now up in the series?

Crazy. I went to the store real quick when it was 2-0, came back and it was 3-2. Haven't even seen the highlights yet.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
That Nurse contract is terrible.... 6 seasons left on it.

If they bought him out they would get some massive cap relief for 2 seasons before the bonuses kick in that they could use to add some depth while 97 and 29 are still in primes

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bylsma new bench boss in Seattle, Waddell new overall boss in Columbus.

Don't like the former at all, and not expecting much from Columbus regardless should be the default assumption.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I know +/- really doesn't often tell entire story or accurate picture

But Nurse being -12 in playoffs very much tells story

The guy is trainwreck and that is easily the worst contract in NHL
Yeah.... the +/- stat is so much fun and such a convenient stat. It's either irrelevant or a barometer of a player's performance. Similar to the way politicians manipulate stats, it depends on your belief which way to go. Like so many players, his contract is too high but he's nowhere as bad as you like to imply. Your bias towards Oilers is showing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad