NHL 25 Discussion

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I agree, Be A Pro might start at the outdoor rink – probably a nod to hockey roots. But yeah, you're right, EA won’t make huge changes in one year. Seems like another copy-paste job.

Also, I just can't see EA suddenly overhauling anything without a longer development cycle. As long as people keep buying, they'll stick to what works. We might get small improvements, but I wouldn’t expect any big revolution.:)
not buying this year I had enough lol

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Question regarding roster sharing. Can you edit and create players on a roster that has been downloaded from roster sharing? I don’t feel like creating the 300 or so players that did in NHL22, but would like to know before buy this game (and system since EA decided to f*** us).
Primarily franchise player, sometimes BAP, so is this game worth it.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Power up icons also don't upgrade outside of the one level which is hilariously underhanded even by EA standards.

You want to keep Joe Thornton for theme team purposes? Oh golly guess you're gonna just have to get the new card we released for him.

I'd be shocked if this turn they took doesn't kill HUT, and by extension the game off entirely.
That’s the FIFA model and I like it more than having a card that keeps getting upgraded to 99.

The TOTY concept in HUT is the dumbest for a mode like that, “just get this type of card and you don’t need to do anything else - it will just get upgraded on its own.

What EA has done is a good way to slow down the progression of the cards when you previously had most of them as 99 by the end of February

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Actually, I'm enjoying the game more than I did last year, but it's still a complete mess. It would be best to pause the yearly releases for a couple of years and do a major overhaul, but that's never going to happen.

There's so much wrong with the game that I don't even know where to begin. The people in charge absolutely don't understand how to make a balanced competetive game, they just keep adding new gimmicks every year.

Maybe it would be best to split the game into two like somene in this thread previously suggested, and have one game focused on competetive modes, with just basic skill stick controls, no unnecessary bullshit on top like the X-Factor abilities, and with focus on trying to simulate real hockey. But that's also never going to happen.

The franchise is in a sad state, and honestly even if EA stops making NHL games, I'm not sure someone else is going to try to fill the void. Hockey just isn't popular enough in a lot of countries.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
That’s the FIFA model and I like it more than having a card that keeps getting upgraded to 99.

The TOTY concept in HUT is the dumbest for a mode like that, “just get this type of card and you don’t need to do anything else - it will just get upgraded on its own.

What EA has done is a good way to slow down the progression of the cards when you previously had most of them as 99 by the end of February

We’re not talking about TOTY cards but Icons and X-factors. These are not upgraded automatically and none of them other than DD was at 99 in February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad