NHL 25 Discussion

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anybody who plays Be a Pro know if players grow physically in height & weight?

I want my player to end up 5’10 & 175lb but idk if I should make him that size from the start or if he grows & gains weight? IIRC some games they did grow and some they didn’t.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I couldn't disagree more.

I would be done with the franchise if they went back to the original, basic controls.
then dont buy it and the majority of the ones that havent bought nhl games since 14 will enjoy it since it's not buggy and hard.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
then dont buy it and the majority of the ones that havent bought nhl games since 14 will enjoy it since it's not buggy and hard.

The game is filled with bugs, but I haven't had any issues with bugs with the controls.

All the new controls did was give you way more control over what you can do, with or without the puck.

It's frankly bizarre you are suggesting that the developers make a change to please the people who haven't purchased the game in a decade. Why would anyone do that?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
The game is filled with bugs, but I haven't had any issues with bugs with the controls.

All the new controls did was give you way more control over what you can do, with or without the puck.

It's frankly bizarre you are suggesting that the developers make a change to please the people who haven't purchased the game in a decade. Why would anyone do that?
Bought it every year until this year, that's a broken narrative. I got 15 games into a franchise and stopped playing since the core gameplay engine is so broken and scripted to give opponents a chance, even after working hours adjusting sliders and testing to make the game play a little better.

If they let us play like real hockey with zone entries, possession, puck movement, and actual offensive zone linemate plays and defensive zone coverage, rotation and puck acquisition by our AI teammates, each game would be 20-0. Instead the decisive plays that lead to successful hockey (goal scored or not) are on rails. The most frustrating part is seeing the computer opponent do these things but we cannot.

Biggest case in point - any puck brought into the zone is lost when it's even close to an opposing defender, and when the computer team has it in our zone it sticks to them like glue. Forechecking is pretty much non existent unless you spawn checking or stick lift and get hit with penalty after penalty. Adding an edge skating gimmick button press on offense and a cheezy one timer autoscore to "correct this" rather than rework the broken gameplay code is a bad fix. But I guess what's in it for EA as long as the microtransaction dollars roll in.

This isn't bugs, it's a fundamental core part of the gameplay engine and EA would rather slap a new feature than recode it. Praying for an engine switch to Unreal, because then they would have to. Ideally they'd change to a different dev team, like Tiburon who does Madden (has its own issues but at least plays fairly realistically)

They fix this so computer and player teams are on an even playing field and add real AI (you know the thing that's revolutionizing computing today) to the oppositon and our computer-controlled teammates playing hockey than running a script, then I'll buy it. Until then I'll wait to see if they ever fix it and get it for free 4-5 months later when it's a PSN game of the month.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Bought it every year until this year, that's a broken narrative. I got 15 games into a franchise and stopped playing since the core gameplay engine is so broken and scripted to give opponents a chance, even after working hours adjusting sliders and testing to make the game play a little better.

If they let us play like real hockey with zone entries, possession, puck movement, and actual offensive zone linemate plays and defensive zone coverage, rotation and puck acquisition by our AI teammates, each game would be 20-0. Instead the decisive plays that lead to successful hockey (goal scored or not) are on rails. The most frustrating part is seeing the computer opponent do these things but we cannot.

Biggest case in point - any puck brought into the zone is lost when it's even close to an opposing defender, and when the computer team has it in our zone it sticks to them like glue. Forechecking is pretty much non existent unless you spawn checking or stick lift and get hit with penalty after penalty. Adding an edge skating gimmick button press on offense and a cheezy one timer autoscore to "correct this" rather than rework the broken gameplay code is a bad fix. But I guess what's in it for EA as long as the microtransaction dollars roll in.

This isn't bugs, it's a fundamental core part of the gameplay engine and EA would rather slap a new feature than recode it. Praying for an engine switch to Unreal, because then they would have to. Ideally they'd change to a different dev team, like Tiburon who does Madden (has its own issues but at least plays fairly realistically)

They fix this so computer and player teams are on an even playing field and add real AI (you know the thing that's revolutionizing computing today) to the oppositon and our computer-controlled teammates playing hockey than running a script, then I'll buy it. Until then I'll wait to see if they ever fix it and get it for free 4-5 months later when it's a PSN game of the month.

This is all nonsense.

What does any of his have to do with going back to the "original" controls?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad