GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think they took Slaf to dinner but did take Shane Wright. I could be wrong

You're correct

If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone they have to go D and IMO they will.

Not true at all.. a team above us and directly below us took Sennecke out to dinner. Clearly the NHL teams think he's an option.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I would not bet on the fact that Demidov will be in front of Lindstrom on the Habs final list.

-They had multiple live viewings.
-He went to dinner a couple times with Habs scouts.
-Multiple chats with them during the year.
-Went to dinner again this week but now with HuGo and Bobvrov.
-Plays a style of hockey we need.
-Center.
-Size

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
People will say "there is no universal BPA" and "No one knows what the Habs draft list looks like" - but it would seem quite coincidental if we draft a player at our weakest organizational position two years straight at 5 overall.

Isn't it their job to distinguish traits and characteristics among that group of players to have a better than random chance of picking the best one?

If someone wants to argue that we should consider positional need over looking at the player in isolation, I can understand that - but the argument that it's all a crapshoot in this range of players so might as well draft for position, I don't.

The habs didn't draft for need last draft. Adding high end offensive talent was a much bigger need than adding a RD last year.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nothing that hasn't been dissected thoroughly here, just adding more wood to the fire.

This guy and the panelled basement he’s video casting from are off putting AF.

His assessment of Lindstrom’s injury concerns include having nagging back problems “here and there”. That’s one hell of a medical reference.

He keeps repeating “Montreal Canadiens” — we get it, but he could have used a diminutive. And there’s his annoying pronunciation of “strong” (“shtrong”).

If his words don’t get to you, his Kermit the Frog voice on meth is sure to get under your skin.

@HabbyGuy — I’d much rather have your opinion than Kermit’s. You’re killing me with this sad muppet. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: HabbyGuy

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

Pretty tepid here from Sennecke.. but met with CBJ who has 4 and Utah who has 6.. so teams around us are having dinner with him.
1717787626344.gif

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe the Memorial Cup run from Dickinson changed their projection of him - or the playoffs did.

Not that dinner meant anything to the Habs in the Slaf year, but taking Dickinson out after being pretty adamant about no LD is strange.. could be to also turn the heat up on potential trade offers.
They weren't adamant about no LD. It was more the LD had to be better (possibly a significant amount) and then they may select said LD.

Dickinson, depending on the draft would be the best prospect left with a margin there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Three weeks until the draft. ugh. Taking forever!

I still feel pretty confident that one, or both, of Demidov and Lindstrom will be on the table at 5. And I think we end up with one of them.

Reactions: Rozz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad