GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Damn, can't wait til the draft is over so the pissing contest takes a back seat. At least after that, it'll be the same isolated posters who will rage in a corner.

Whoever Habs draft, it won't be your pick, simple as that. Even if it is, it isn't.
Everyone is my pick. Lindstrom, Dickinson, Helenius, I don’t care. Once that player is a Hab, let’s f***ing go.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyone know what the conduct was that got Nathan Villeneuve suspended?

That's a lengthy suspension for comments in a group chat and could put him off the Habs draft list.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe the Memorial Cup run from Dickinson changed their projection of him - or the playoffs did.

Not that dinner meant anything to the Habs in the Slaf year, but taking Dickinson out after being pretty adamant about no LD is strange.. could be to also turn the heat up on potential trade offers.
BPA?

Reactions: HuGort

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It was related to incident involving Barrie and the "bounty'' on Kashawn Aitcheson.
The League's investigation revealed that Wolves players Nathan Villeneuve and Evan Konyen violated the OHL Social Media Policy in a manner detrimental to the welfare of the League."

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The League's investigation revealed that Wolves players Nathan Villeneuve and Evan Konyen violated the OHL Social Media Policy in a manner detrimental to the welfare of the League."

Just talks of a bounty on this guy but I guess the chat could have got worse since he’s clearly a POC. Not sure if it delved into comments of that nature too.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Anyone know what the conduct was that got Nathan Villeneuve suspended?

That's a lengthy suspension for comments in a group chat and could put him off the Habs draft list.
Aitcheson laid a dirty hit on one of them, they put out an internal bounty on him in the team GC is my understanding.

I'd put it slightly above Landon Sim getting a suspension for calling someone another name for a cat in terms of things that no team drafting them should actually care about

Reactions: Tyson

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Aitcheson laid a dirty hit on one of them, they put out an internal bounty on him in the team GC is my understanding.

I'd put it slightly above Landon Sim getting a suspension for calling someone another name for a cat in terms of things that no team drafting them should actually care about

Ah okay, that's nothing that would be a media shit storm. It's not cool to do that but hot heated boys.. as long as they learned from it and move on.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Ah okay, that's nothing that would be a media shit storm. It's not cool to do that but hot heated boys.. as long as they learned from it and move on.
Eh, I don't see it as particularly different from taking a number or making it clear in the media that someone has to pay next game they play. I'm sure guys have been bought steaks in the NHL for doing just that plenty of times.

Just not the best idea to put it in writing lol

JT3

May 27, 2013
Catching up on this thread I'm glad to learn that after 2 years of surprises and meltdowns half the board still takes public lists as gospel and bases their entire opinions on who the right/wrong picks are from them.

Can't wait for meltdown 3.0, sennecke boogalo (except hopefully not this time because we get Demidov or Lindstrom)

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Catching up on this thread I'm glad to learn that after 2 years of surprises and meltdowns half the board still takes public lists as gospel and bases their entire opinions on who the right/wrong picks are from them.

Can't wait for meltdown 3.0, sennecke boogalo (except hopefully not this time because we get Demidov or Lindstrom)
I wonder who the first real surprise will be in the draft. I thought it might be Solberg but he seems guaranteed to go in the teens now. Maybe Beaudoin going top 20?

Reactions: Cubebrick

JT3

May 27, 2013
I wonder who the first real surprise will be in the draft. I thought it might be Solberg but he seems guaranteed to go in the teens now. Maybe Beaudoin going top 20?
My guesses would be Yakemchuk going top 5/6/7/ rather than early teens where he's often listed, or Hage/Luchanko going early teens. Agree on Solberg, and Beaudoin isn't a bad bet for top 20 either although maybe his offensive upside holds him back a little bit.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Is Sennecke in the top 8 a surprise? Dickinson out of the top 10?
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance Sennecke goes top 8. Wouldn't be shocked to see Seattle grab him right there actually.

If Dickinson drops out of the top 10 it'll be the biggest shock since Dobson dropped in 2018.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Maybe the Memorial Cup run from Dickinson changed their projection of him - or the playoffs did.

Not that dinner meant anything to the Habs in the Slaf year, but taking Dickinson out after being pretty adamant about no LD is strange.. could be to also turn the heat up on potential trade offers.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the scouts are pounding the table for Dickinson. If there's one defenseman that would fit what they like it's him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance Sennecke goes top 8. Wouldn't be shocked to see Seattle grab him right there actually.

If Dickinson drops out of the top 10 it'll be the biggest shock since Dobson dropped in 2018.
I know I'd be tripping over myself trying to move up to get him. Too bad our late first is so damn late.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Lev, Demidov, and Lindstrom go top 4 I'd say it's quite likely the 3 LHD in Dickinson, Silayev, and Buium could very well be the next 3 BPA left on the board IMO.

If the Habs have zero interest in taking one of these LHD @ 5 (which seems likely it seems) I really hope they seriously look to move down 3 or 4 spots to pick up something decent (along with the lower top 10 pick) to capitalize on this situation if a team really wants to move up to get their pick of these 3 LHD @ 5 and they still likely get the forward they like there.

I'd even be ok with if the Habs just took Dickinson @ 5 in that scenario and figured out the crowded LHD situation later but I don't see that happening and the Habs will take a forward either @ 5 or in a trade down.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If Lev, Demidov, and Lindstrom go top 4 I'd say it's quite likely the 3 LHD in Dickinson, Silayev, and Buium could very well be the next 3 BPA left on the board IMO.

If the Habs have zero interest in taking one of these LHD @ 5 (which seems likely it seems) I really hope they seriously look to move down 3 or 4 spots to pick up something decent (along with the lower top 10 pick) to capitalize on this situation if a team really wants to move up to get their pick of these 3 LHD @ 5 and they still likely get the forward they like there.

I'd even be ok with if the Habs just took Dickinson @ 5 in that scenario and figured out the crowded LHD situation later but I don't see that happening and the Habs will take a forward either @ 5 or in a trade down.
My fear is passing up on a legitimate BPA to draft for need...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad