Next Possible Rangers Coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Krueger would be a real nice hire but idk anything about his situation with his soccer team

Trapping guy, no thanks.

This hire will go a long way towards establishing if Gorton “got it” or not. If we get a guy who takes the organization in the wrong direction now it could quite possibly set us back for decades...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Has Barry Trotz been mentioned? I have never “liked” him.

But it’s hard to find a safer option to steer a ship clear of danger so to speak.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Bylsma should never been an NHL coach again. He’s one of the most idiotic hockey minds I’ve ever seen.

Has Barry Trotz been mentioned? I have never “liked” him.

But it’s hard to find a safer option to steer a ship clear of danger so to speak.
The dude who crashes every year in the 2nd round? The same clown with his rearview mirror comments? No thank you.

Reactions: egelband

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
No ex players as HC, nobody with zero experience. I’d be open to MSL maybe as an assistant if the new HC wanted him, would also be open to Vally getting some position with the team but probably not coaching definitely not head coach.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Keefe makes sense, but given his relationship with Dubas, it might be hard to pry him away.

Krueger, Bennett, and Montgomery are interesting options as well. I can't see Bylsma or another NHL retread being amongst those considered.

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Last night I dreamt we hired Dallas Eakins and won the draft lottery, so I guess I have an overactive imagination. Hey, you put that on the table, I'm gonna take it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The thought of a coach to grow with the team is interesting. I don’t think we usually see the guy coaching the beginning of a rebuild last through the team contending.

Denis Savard never won the Cup with Chicago.
Ed Olczyk and Michel Therrien never won the Cup with Pittsburgh.
Terry Murray never won a Cup with the Kings.

We need to be prepared for this hire not leading us to success, but rather building the foundation for someone else to do so.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Keefe makes sense, but given his relationship with Dubas, it might be hard to pry him away.

Krueger, Bennett, and Montgomery are interesting options as well. I can't see Bylsma or another NHL retread being amongst those considered.

Keefe is never coaching in Toronto, would he turn down NYR? I would leave a AHL job even if Margot Robbie was the GM and wanted to be ‘friends’ with me if I could get a NHL HC job... ;)

Reactions: Bozle

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Keefe is never coaching in Toronto, would he turn down NYR? I would leave a AHL job even if Margot Robbie was the GM and wanted to be ‘friends’ with me if I could get a NHL HC job... ;)
Supposed he wants to go with Dubas. They might be a package deal. Also Keefe kinda of scares me he has phenomenal infrastructure in Toroton. If you take him out of that you might not get the same results. I'm going Knoblauch

Reactions: Ola

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My list of guys I would be interested in (no particular order):

Jim Montgomery
David Quinn
Sheldon Keefe
DJ Smith
Bill Peters
Rangers don't want Peters. I'm very skeptical about Keefe too. Knoblauch isn my top choice. I don't like Quinn either.

Don't know enough about Smith or Montgomery tactically

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Supposed he wants to go with Dubas. They might be a package deal. Also Keefe kinda of scares me he has phenomenal infrastructure in Toroton. If you take him out of that you might not get the same results. I'm going Knoblauch

Yeah, and there is also a ton of hype in Toronto — like with Eakins.

OTOH — I certainly wouldn’t mind getting someone with an inside view of what they are doing in Toronto.

We have all the resources in the world. Dolan would t hesitate a second to give Gorton a 90m budget if the cap was that high. It’s the same in Toronto.

But I — constantly — hear news about Toronto going above and beyond the norm to get better. If someone is doing something, they are doing more of it. They do stuff other franchises don’t. I do not get that impression with our franchise. We keep a very high standard no doubt — but it just seems like Toronto is pushing it harder.

Gorts lost Greely. Give Dubas and Keefe 5m each to come here to work with him. Gorton should point at anything he wants and just go get it.

Reactions: Bozle

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, and there is also a ton of hype in Toronto — like with Eakins.

OTOH — I certainly wouldn’t mind getting someone with an inside view of what they are doing in Toronto.

We have all the resources in the world. Dolan would t hesitate a second to give Gorton a 90m budget if the cap was that high. It’s the same in Toronto.

But I — constantly — hear news about Toronto going above and beyond the norm to get better. If someone is doing something, they are doing more of it. They do stuff other franchises don’t. I do not get that impression with our franchise. We keep a very high standard no doubt — but it just seems like Toronto is pushing it harder.

Gorts lost Greely. Give Dubas and Keefe 5m each to come here to work with him. Gorton should point at anything he wants and just go get it.
Yeah that's my point. Keefe could be another Eakins who was quite popular before he bombed.

I dont think Dubas is leaving Toronto to work for Gorton for any reason. Someone is going to give him the keys

Reactions: Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Bylsma should never been an NHL coach again. He’s one of the most idiotic hockey minds I’ve ever seen.

The dude who crashes every year in the 2nd round? The same clown with his rearview mirror comments? No thank you.

I didn’t say I want him, hehe, I can guarantee you that I never liked him. Especially when he was in Nashville and everyone loved him sooo much I questioned him, I am sure it’s in the archives.

But one must have an open mind, right? To put it like this, I would be very surprised if we got Trotz and he didn’t do a very steady OK job, right? He would keep everyone on a really short leash, never let the team develop any bad habits, not wander off in the wrong direction in terms of Xs and Os at any length at least, players mostly like him. And so forth.

If we are throwing 10-15 names out there, I don’t mind putting Trotz in the mix. He is a low risk option. 2-3 years. He doesn’t have to be the one who is behind the bench when we start to discuss heading into the POs again.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You know you are old when you 100% associate a coaching candidate with being the talk of the town for being a young promising prospect haha.

Sheldon Keefe was one of those prospects all dreamers loved to talk about. Pirri/Clendenning type. He was constantly mentioned in every other proposal from like he late 90’s well into the early 00’s.

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind our next coach to have a bit of experience of offensive hockey.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You know who we should bring in to supplement Adam Graves?

I would litterary bet might right arm that Michael Nylander would be a tremendous side kick to Graves on the development side of things. That guy is just a wiz when it comes to player development. Everyone he remotely comes close to just develop so well. He loves working with young players too.

He is a bit odd and have a few issues probably off the ice. But a fantastic hockey mind when it comes to individual development and eye for what can be done and for what works.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Waiting until Babcock steps down or gets fired doesn’t seem sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad