Speculation: Next Oilers GM?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
While I don’t think it’s a panic, I do think this has been poorly handled by the team. If you knew you were walking Holland to the end of his contract the associate GM should have been in place long ago in my opinion. Poor succession planning in my opinion.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
While I don’t think it’s a panic, I do think this has been poorly handled by the team. If you knew you were walking Holland to the end of his contract the associate GM should have been in place long ago in my opinion. Poor succession planning in my opinion.
No team will let you talk to their leadership until the season is over. This is completely normal

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
He knows a few things about winning if there's ever a concern, pretty sure that's been his role the past few years.

Are you spending the summer detoxing the A&W out of your body? Thanks for being such a trooper, you nearly willed the Oilers to a cup one teen burger at a time!
Lmao yes. I have eaten out twice since we lost and both times were at chopped leaf. Not even kidding 😂 chicken salad

Definitely not having A and W for at least a solid week now….. maybe this weekend

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How many Holland trades happened cause of his “connections” ?

Is he close with Blues GM and that’s how we got Kostin? Canes GM and that’s how we got Foegele? Preds GM and that’s how we got Ekholm?

For as much as Holland was criticized for sitting on his ass too much. He probably does grade out to be one of the most active GMs league wide, I would think. I hope we don’t go back to the days of Tambo and no moves allowed anyways.

Reactions: McDoused

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Very unusual situation. No GM in place and no timeline when there might be one. But a huge summer to try and get back to the cup next year before huge potential raises for Draisaitl and Bouchard kick in.

It's not the worst situation, as this means the Oil can avoid any mistakes during the silly season that is the first week of July,

Plus outside of Rantanen (who's going to be capped by MacK), there isn't really any market-setting talent comparable to Drai about to sign a new deal.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So is the issue that they thought Coffey would be the next GM and instead he is better suited as a coach?
New sitcom. We have a temporary GM that doesn't intend on being the GM and a coach who doesn't have plans of being a coach. They are dating the same woman who has amnesia. The gags write themselves. Insert laugh track outro with catchy music.

• Haha
Reactions: CageRage

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
I was initially very nervous about the hiring of Jackson...Knoblauch helped to assuage those fears but now I can't help but wonder again if he even knows what he's doing. I thought they would have a clear succession plan in place.

It's very easy to promise "best in class", pretty sure every executive in the league says that. I really hope Jackson knows what he's doing but he hasn't done enough yet to prove that we can trust him. It goes without saying that this next GM hire is the most important decision in the McDavid era. Vegas and Florida got their GM hires right and have cups to show for it. Please for the love of god JJ prove you know what you're doing and get this right....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad