News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Home is a good word here. The one they used in Finnish was too vague for me to decipher whether he was talking about a house or an apartment, so crib was a poor choice of mine.

"Johnny said that Richie said that Johnny said that Richie said --" was a phrase we used to use at work when there was an amount of vagueness of the actual source and the trustworthiness thereof.
A little research.....Antii listed his North Hills home in May and sold it in at the end of July to......Jalen Chatfield.

Still, too bad because I believe Antii enjoyed living in the Triangle and his young daughter had just started school.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Think about Kucherov.
Again, in my opinion, none of that matters.

In the Cup season where Kucherov came off in time for the playoffs, the bigger issue IMO was the fact that if Tampa was forced to ice a roster that met the salary cap (I believe the 20 man team they iced was around $90 million) one or more guys like Killorn or Gourde or Coleman or Johnson would have had to be replaced with league minimum guys.

Force that team to play for Tampa and they don't get out of the conference finals much less the Cup.

Just make the 20 man roster meet the salary cap period....not pro-rated, full cap hit.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Again, in my opinion, none of that matters.

In the Cup season where Kucherov came off in time for the playoffs, the bigger issue IMO was the fact that if Tampa was forced to ice a roster that met the salary cap (I believe the 20 man team they iced was around $90 million) one or more guys like Killorn or Gourde or Coleman or Johnson would have had to be replaced with league minimum guys.

Force that team to play for Tampa and they don't get out of the conference finals much less the Cup.

Just make the 20 man roster meet the salary cap period....not pro-rated, full cap hit.
I'd also be in favor of that.

There are multiple ways you can deal with this that would be effective. Just pick one.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
There are many ways to "fix" the problem, but I've never had any issue with teams finding any sort of way to get an edge on the competition. It probably helps my perspective some that the Canes now have the type of ownership who is willing to do exactly that, but still, I have no issue with the status quo.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Different party paying though????? She gets more experience plus a bigger annual pay check.
I lost bally in ATL because of the comcast dispute but, i believe the Braves dugout reporter duties they were rotating between the two gals (Canes and Hawks/Hornets) and the guy they brought on to start the year. The previous dugout reporter left. Im assuming Bally was trying to fill positions without bringing on new folks since they are going bankrupt.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad