News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

ZP with 3pts in his last 12gp. Not so easy being asked to basically carry an offense....

Parise is a solid player but he can't carry the load on his own. His great work ethic usually get's him ranked alot higher then he's really worth and we've seen how easy it is to neutralise him during the post season when the game is played much more tighter.

He's a fantastic #1B type of player but will never reach the level of a true superstar IMO.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
But He's all about winning.....

Eventually, he may have to confess to chasing the money. Grinding away, trying to carry a fringe playoff team will get old after a while. Will be even funnier if the Devils have even a moderate degree of playoff success over those same years.

"So you left a team that just lost in Game 6 of the SCF, to go to a team that will struggle to squeak into the playoffs? But you're all about winning? Wait, what?? :huh:"

God speed, Zachy boy!

apice3*

Everyone with a brain can tell he chased the money, but he will play the "going back home" card until he dies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Everyone with a brain can tell he chased the money, but he will play the "going back home" card until he dies.

My buddy didn't, him and some other guy at the game on Sunday just would not accept that it was money and bought the "going home" crap. I keep trying to say if Detroit offered him and Suter that same contract he would be in Detroit, or any west team (since Suter didn't want to come east)

apice3*

I don't think Suter even had anything to do with it

If Suter signed elsewhere, Parise would have still taken the largest deal on the table in Minnesota.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think Suter even had anything to do with it

If Suter signed elsewhere, Parise would have still taken the largest deal on the table in Minnesota.

You think that was lip service too? I can believe it.

Gagne back to the Flyers? Well scratch that one off our trade list, though ok with that. Don't think he has much left.

Oroku Saki*

There was about a 20+ million dollar difference. Parise was going to the Wild no matter what.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
Parise is a solid player but he can't carry the load on his own. His great work ethic usually get's him ranked alot higher then he's really worth and we've seen how easy it is to neutralise him during the post season when the game is played much more tighter.

He's a fantastic #1B type of player but will never reach the level of a true superstar IMO.

Eventually, he may have to confess to chasing the money. Grinding away, trying to carry a fringe playoff team will get old after a while. Will be even funnier if the Devils have even a moderate degree of playoff success over those same years.

"So you left a team that just lost in Game 6 of the SCF, to go to a team that will struggle to squeak into the playoffs? But you're all about winning? Wait, what?? :huh:"

God speed, Zachy boy!

Sarcasm people wasn't sure you got it ;)

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really am tired of talking about Parise, but I stated on the board I thought he was gonna chase the money. I wasn't a troll about it like Muttley, but I said he was gonna chase the money. I was also lambasted by most of the board for it. Hear me now, believe me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad