News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings consulted Gagne about where he'd prefer to be traded. Wouldn't have minded Gagne, but we probably filled that spot with Ponikarovsky already. Not sure what we have that would have topped a conditional 3rd (Urbom? Burlon? Gelinas?).

On an unrelated note, my friend started following the Kings last year (before the playoffs). She was telling me that she was going to an autograph signing this past weekend which included "Gag-knee". I had to take a deep breath and let it go before calmly telling her how to pronounce his name.

Yup, our 2013 went to the Wild because we made the ECF. Currently we have:

2013: 1st*, 2nd, 4th, 6th [3rd = Zidlicky, 5th = Loktionov, 7th = Ponikarovsky]
2014: 1st*, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th [4th = Ponikarovsky]

Didn't even have the 3rd to give. Giving the Kings a decent body for Gagne would of been to much.

So glad Cole is out west.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
They play Columbus (hello Dubinsky and Prospal lol). I'm excited to take in the game atmosphere and of course the city of Nashville itself.

as i've said before, the atmosphere at nashville games is better than any i've been to (and i've been to quite a few at this point).

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
as i've said before, the atmosphere at nashville games is better than any i've been to (and i've been to quite a few at this point).

And you're not the only person I've heard that from. I'll look to bond with Preds fans through our mutual dislike for Minnesota.:laugh:

kiwidevil

Neiuwendyk should take a seat for a while and stay off the phone. First the Neal trade and now this?

Oroku Saki*

I wanted Ryder too. I'd still take Jagr.

One of my main targets would b Ribeiro.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How on earth did the Habs get a draft pick AND Ryder for Cole? Damn, Nieuwy isn't exactly Stevie Y-caliber.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha Cole! Bye bye ********!

Now I can root for Montreal, and not feel sick to my stomach. Always hated that POS. Most recently his hit on Larsson last year and no suspension, his big mouth during the lockout, and his actions in our game this season against them. Among other things in the past.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey guys I haven't really been able to watch as much hockey as I want this year because of a heavy courseload at school, which is weird considering how pissed I was at the lockout.

If I miss any Devils games I look up the highlights and read about it on this forum or from TG so I'm all set for the Devils but I really don't know too much about the rest of the league and was wondering if there was any easy way to see all the highlights from the night before on a given day. Sometimes I would try to watch all the goals from the nhl.com boxscore which I do for the Devils if need be, but doing it for the other teams takes forever because of the commercials and for some reason nhl.com's videos always take forever to load for me.

I dno why I rambled that much but basically I'm just asking if there is an easy (and free) place to see highlights for all the NHL games the night before. (That also isn't a super long segment, I'm not looking to spend like an hour watch random people's analysis or anything lol)

The best I can give you is NHL.com has highlights for every game. You usually have to wait a half hour/hour after the game ends. Though you have to watch the 30 seconds advertisement like you were saying.

You could go to individual teams websites, and watch them without the adds. It would be less of a hassle to just watch them on NHL.com though.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
ZP with 3pts in his last 12gp. Not so easy being asked to basically carry an offense....

Schadenfreude is a beautiful emotion.

Wish it wasn't Dallas, though. I like Dallas.

I like that trade for Montreal, Ryder is good. Didn't think Dallas would trade him.

Ryder is also well acquainted with playing in Montreal because this is his second stint there.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
How on earth did the Habs get a draft pick AND Ryder for Cole? Damn, Nieuwy isn't exactly Stevie Y-caliber.
ircAkbP0Zloyi.gif

Nieuwy definitely needs to smarten up. I just don`t get it.

Yzerman hasn`t really been that good though.

One way or the other, I`m just happy that ****er is now out of the EC. Thank God... and Bergevin.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
This new realignment plan is just utter ridiculous. HATE it. Don't know why they have to overcomplicate things and change something that already works. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Logically, Detroit moving east makes sense. The whole time zone thing and for the most part travel too.

But then Detroit doesn't really play their 'rivals' in Chicago and Colorado. Not to mention Chicago is pretty close to Detroit.

It's freaking impossible. I'm trying to figure out a "good" solution and it's hard.

DevilChuk*

Logically, Detroit moving east makes sense. The whole time zone thing and for the most part travel too.

But then Detroit doesn't really play their 'rivals' in Chicago and Colorado. Not to mention Chicago is pretty close to Detroit.

It's freaking impossible. I'm trying to figure out a "good" solution and it's hard.

Couldn't care less what they do with the conferences.

Just don't mess with the playoff system. That isn't broke, so don't try to fix it.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
It is going to be very difficult to see 1 or 2 teams in the conference miss the playoffs after playing in such a tough one all season.

But when they add QBC and whoever else in, things will definitely change in a few years.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

Remember when a meteor hit the arena in Chelyabinsk?

I think you need to see this. Especially the end, but watch the whole thing. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad