News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Haha. Clever. Say that on the mainboard, see what they say about that one.

No thank you.
It's funny though, everyone's complaining about the Isles getting above the floor.

What I'm more upset about is that a serious contender in the East was just given an extra $5mil worth of cap space to beef up their roster.

That's the biggest unfair advantage to me. Not that that's in any way against the rules.... but the one team we can't beat can now get better. Oof.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is a new collective bargaining agreement, and there is a new spirit now!:sarcasm:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
yeah no ****ing ****. wtf.

This league is a joke.

3M fine and 1st round pick or this is just more proof we got shafted.

Of course it was, the whole thing was a joke. Luongo is signed until he is 43, yet they used the arguement that Kovy wouldn't play until that age as justification to punish us. Who's more likely to play until 43, a goalie or player?

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
im boneringly excited to see how lou gets outta this pickle. no way he gives up the draft pick. cant wait to see their plan.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
“We have acquired an asset for our organization,†Garth Snow said. “This acquisition allows us flexibility with our roster moving forward.â€

:laugh: That's some highclass ******** artistry of words, Snow.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
“We have acquired an asset for our organization,†Garth Snow said. “This acquisition allows us flexibility with our roster moving forward.â€

:laugh: That's some highclass ******** artistry of words, Snow.

He is painting this turd beautifully. I REALLY wish Tim would report. God I would laugh so hard.

Spirit of the rule indeed.

MountainGoat

He is painting this turd beautifully. I REALLY wish Tim would report. God I would laugh so hard.

Spirit of the rule indeed.

it would be awesome if he just randomly shows up on the last day of the season, "HEY REMEMBER ME GUYS???"

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

RT @StapeNewsday: Reports out there are correct: #Isles have acquired G Tim Thomas for a conditional 2nd-rounder in either 2014 or 2015.

What a bizarre deal. I'm amazed that the Isles didn't want a real asset.

28 GMs are going to be pissed, but what rule did either side break? Hell, neither side even stretched a rule. Everything is legit.

We got smacked for stretching a rule. I would be pissed if this deal wasn't so comical.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
it would be awesome if he just randomly shows up on the last day of the season, "HEY REMEMBER ME GUYS???"

What makes me more annoyed for the same reason Manilla is. Boston clears space for nothing, and even if Tim showed up to troll the Isles Boston makes out even better. Smells like crap to me anyway you slice it. But whatever.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What makes me more annoyed for the same reason Manilla is. Boston clears space for nothing, and even if Tim showed up to troll the Isles Boston makes out even better. Smells like crap to me anyway you slice it. But whatever.

I picture Tim walking into the Isles locker room on the last day of the season, and pushing the trash can over on his way in. Then tells Capuano ''I'm your backup tonight I'm dressing!'' Then putting his arm around Nabby ''Actually coach I think I'm gonna start tonight!'':laugh:

Halfwar

Mar 12, 2010
Woodbridge, NJ
I should offer my hockey abilities to NHL teams, give me a $x contract. I won't show up you then suspend me and then you hit the cap floor.

x = how ever far away you are from the cap floor

Can I have a media day and get a jersey? All I am asking for :sarcasm:

Hmmm for this plan to work I would need to sign up for the NHL draft where can I do that? Ok never mind I am older then 20 years old.

apice3*

Not sure why everyone is so upset about it, especially towards the Isles. The real hate should be towards the Bruins but even they didn't do anything wrong.

Plus, we did something similar with Malakhov, did we not?

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Not sure why everyone is so upset about it, especially towards the Isles. The real hate should be towards the Bruins but even they didn't do anything wrong.

Plus, we did something similar with Malakhov, did we not?

Malakhov we gave a first to take him, Why would there be hate towards Boston they didnt give anything?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We actually gave up a real asset to get Malakhov off our books and the league yelled at us for it. The Bruins didn't have to give up anything, hell they even GET a real asset if Thomas is goofy enough to report, and the league'll probably turn a blind eye as they do with almost everything that doesn't involve us.

I guess we finally found the first loophole of CBA 2012, that didn't take long.

apice3*

I should offer my hockey abilities to NHL teams, give me a $x contract. I won't show up you then suspend me and then you hit the cap floor.

x = how ever far away you are from the cap floor

Can I have a media day and get a jersey? All I am asking for :sarcasm:

Hmmm for this plan to work I would need to sign up for the NHL draft where can I do that? Ok never mind I am older then 20 years old.

Why on Earth would you sign a contract worth millions and not show?

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would piss myself if Thomas showed up at the end of the season!

apice3*

Malakhov we gave a first to take him, Why would there be hate towards Boston they didnt give anything?

The hate should be towards Boston because they are a contender who just got 5 mil in cap space to play with, AND got an asset if Thomas reports.

The Islanders aren't contenders and basically traded for numbers. Who cares about them?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would piss myself if Thomas showed up at the end of the season!

I would as well, why you can't really hate on the Isles for this TO much. There is some risk for them that all of a sudden they have to pay this goofy fool and give up a pick too.

It is annoying the Bruins just cleared cap for nothing and could get a pick on top of it as well. If we tried that Gary would be after more of our draft picks in a heart beat.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
The hate should be towards Boston because they are a contender who just got 5 mil in cap space to play with, AND got an asset if Thomas reports.

The Islanders aren't contenders and basically traded for numbers. Who cares about them?

exactly Boston took advantage of a dumb GM. We would be praising Lou if he did that for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad