News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The hate should be towards Boston because they are a contender who just got 5 mil in cap space to play with, AND got an asset if Thomas reports.

The Islanders aren't contenders and basically traded for numbers. Who cares about them?

I don't hate Boston or the Isles. Boston's doing what it can to make its team better, the Isles are probably losing tens of millions every year in that ****hole known as Nassau so I'm not begrudging them skirting around the floor either.

I hate this league and their double standard though. You know if it was us doing something like this (either end of it) the league would be on us like white on rice, especially since we're already on double-super probation as is :p:

apice3*

Plus, if the league were to do anything at all to punish either which I doubt they would, it won't be done until the offseason.

Can't punish either side if he reports. Gotta wait it out.

The condition is one game played? Islanders would probably have him be a healthy scratch every game or send him down unless they contend for the playoffs.

DevilsAnimal*

They arnt going to get punished

if they get punished there might as well be another lock out to fix the CBA

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Its these Tim Thomas for conditional 2nd round trades that remind me why the Islanders have been horrible for almost a decade

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The hate should be towards Boston because they are a contender who just got 5 mil in cap space to play with, AND got an asset if Thomas reports.

The Islanders aren't contenders and basically traded for numbers. Who cares about them?

The Isles are better than usual this year. Never know. They might sneak in during this short season.

I would as well, why you can't really hate on the Isles for this TO much. There is some risk for them that all of a sudden they have to pay this goofy fool and give up a pick too.

It is annoying the Bruins just cleared cap for nothing and could get a pick on top of it as well. If we tried that Gary would be after more of our draft picks in a heart beat.

Ya, can you imagine if we did this to clear space for Kovy's contract? We would have been slapped immediately.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I know a lot of people look at them as our partners in crime against the Rangers, but I have a deep disdain for the Islanders. It's not that I want to put them down, but what that franchise has become is nothing short of an embarrassment. You look at their history and it's pretty much nothing but futility with some memorable playoff upsets and a dynasty of all ****ing things mixed in there. It's so weird. But when you can look back at your history and point to almost 5 straight Cup wins, well there is no way a run like that should ever be followed up with 30 years of pure ****. I'm not dumping on their fans or their players, but from an operations perspective, that team has been handled like absolute garbage for so long and is pretty much the perfect example of what you don't want your franchise to be about. Nothing more than a gong show and here the league is enabling nonsense like this by allowing these trash transactions. Maybe I'm too harsh, I don't know, but I'll start having some respect when they finally start operating professionally. NJ was at a point like this as well 30 years ago, so things can change. But they also were never a former dynasty at that point ether. There just has to be a point when you finally start moving in the right direction. Maybe that will come in Brooklyn. Who knows?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know a lot of people look at them as our partners in crime against the Rangers, but I have a deep disdain for the Islanders. It's not that I want to put them down, but what that franchise has become is nothing short of an embarrassment. You look at their history and it's pretty much nothing but futility with some memorable playoff upsets and a dynasty of all ****ing things mixed in there. It's so weird. But when you can look back at your history and point to almost 5 straight Cup wins, well there is no way a run like that should ever be followed up with 30 years of pure ****. I'm not dumping on their fans or their players, but from an operations perspective, that team has been handled like absolute garbage for so long and pretty is much the perfect example of what you don't want your franchise to be about. Nothing more than a gong show and here the league is enabling nonsense like this by allowing these trash transactions. Maybe I'm too harsh, I don't know, but I'll start having some respect when they finally start operating professionally.

Extra sad because there is talent on that team. Tavaras is basically rotting out on the island. There starting goaltender that is a huge reason for their strong start didn't even want to go there. Now they have two players who will never report.

Well thanks to the JT Miller show the Isles are on a nice losing streak and officially out of the top 8. Think they can climb back in, or are they done? Also wonder the over/under on when the Caps start the fire sale.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't particularly respect or disrespect the Islanders, but I find it hard to hate them. You can't really rag on a team that has been the league's sad sack for so long. And they do all hate the Rangers too, so that helps.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Extra sad because there is talent on that team. Tavaras is basically rotting out on the island. There starting goaltender that is a huge reason for their strong start didn't even want to go there. Now they have two players who will never report.

Well thanks to the JT Miller show the Isles are on a nice losing streak and officially out of the top 8. Think they can climb back in, or are they done? Also wonder the over/under on when the Caps start the fire sale.

I personally don't think they're good enough to make the playoffs. There is some talent on that team, but overall, they're easily the 5 best team in the Atlantic and I don't think there is much of an argument that can be made there.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I find it strange lately that if the Rangers played the Islanders every game there's a chance they go undefeated. Rangers have their number like they had ours not to long ago

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
'this trade is a sign from god?' oh jesus. i could see tim thomas going all chris benoit-y at some point. what the hell happened to this guy?

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Division leaders should be guaranteed a playoff spot, but they shouldn't be automatically given the 1-3 seeds. Tampa has the same amount of points as the #7 seed leafs...not sure how they are entitled to 3rd seed and home ice advantage.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Once they re-align, it won't matter. I wouldn't worry about it past this year and maybe next year since it is an Olympic year.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I thought that realignment plan was shelved for good until they can find a different solution.?

Ha, they are not going to keep this model for much longer. Those men upstairs hate seeing so many games in different timezones and viewership down cause of it. $$$

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
'this trade is a sign from god?' oh jesus. i could see tim thomas going all chris benoit-y at some point. what the hell happened to this guy?

He was probably always this weird, just better at hiding it before.

Kings traded the 5th rounder we gave them to Florida in exchange for Keaton Ellerby.

Somewhat random, but not a bad trade for them. Loktionov for a guy who will want to play for them.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He's a goalie.

Ya, but this is getting weird even for a goalie. Being a goalie excuses a lot, and being a good goalie excuses even more. But this is just straight up weird how he has progressed in the last few years.

Remember when everybody he was the more sane one between him and Luongo?

I also find it ironic that he criticised Bryz for showing his crazy on 24/7, when he's doing it himself now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
He's a goalie.

goalie_zps4d624510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad