News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2024-25

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I love this:

"I'd be shocked if we got through Friday without something shocking," an unnamed general manager told Kaplan.

You can't argue with that logic. I mean, if something shocking happens... shocking! If nothing shocking happens... shocking!!

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I love this:

"I'd be shocked if we got through Friday without something shocking," an unnamed general manager told Kaplan.

You can't argue with that logic. I mean, if something shocking happens... shocking! If nothing shocking happens... shocking!!
I’ll call it: Bob to Detroit.

Reactions: doublechili

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm so confused by what Philadelphia is attempting to do because I have no idea what it is.
I think they're clearing out guys who Tortorella was healthy scratching in their playoff drive. Flyers tried to trade Atkinson to the Sharks last week but they didn't bite.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I’ll take a highly overpaid Stamkos for free assets and just cash. Bc as the Isles that’s the game you have to play.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
With respect to the Brännström discussion, it was VERY costly to the Isles. It cost them a legit shot at Stone, because Vegas used him as the centerpiece in their trade and Ottawa supposedly wanted Dobson in a similar proposal.

Now Stone preferred to go to Vegas according to reports, but if the Isles had Brännström and Dobson, Vegas would have had to come up with something else entirely.

Maybe Vegas would have still been able to get a deal done, or maybe the Isles could have traded for Stone, won him over and extended him, like they have in other players.

This was not simply a matter of the player didn't pan out as expected, so all is well in the end. It was a lost asset and missed opportunity. A costly one, given the Isles need for a topline winger then and now.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It wouldn't shock me if Tampa believes it is going to take Sergachev a year or so to truly bounce back from that leg injury, and doesn't want to wait for 2025-26 for him to be the player they expect at $8.5 mm AAV. I hope Utah reviewed the medicals very closely.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I'm so confused by what Philadelphia is attempting to do because I have no idea what it is.

With Jarmo (finally and mercifully) gone, I have been trying to determine who is the most overmatched GM now?

I have Briere and Guerin right at the top, and they seemed to show off their "talent" by taking forever to complete a basic trade at the draft. They both also seem to like flushing money down the toilet, just to see if it will re-appear in the sewer.

I also have Chevy right there, as he has consistently mismanaged a talented team and personalities in the Jets. He has had the high-end talent but can't fill out around it. He also seems to be too slow/reactionary making trades and only deals with a few teams, like the Rags or when he believes he can rip-off a team and win going away. As opposed to maybe moving out some "better" talent but improving his team on the ice.

What Chevy does with Ehlers and McGroarty could make or break that team for years. Hopefully he doesn't help out a Metro competitor too much as he fiddles.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I think it’s a wash whether Tampa went with Guentzel or Stamkos. Guentzel maybe the first 2 years of the contract is good but he’s not anything close to what a 29 year old Stamkos was. At 33-34 that contract will suck and I’m not sure Tampa is really that serious a contender anymore regardless. Guentzel refusing 8 years from Carolina is odd but maybe the concern that entire roster was up for free agency he had no idea what he was signing up for

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00