News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
NHL.com reporting Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe for HC.

Sounds like a good choice IMO. Keefe probably learned a few things what he did wrong what can improve on and will be better the second time around
So, he spent his time prioritizing his family, oh wait, hold on family, I need me to spend time with my agent and interviewing for jobs. LMAO.

Keefe ain’t gonna get much out of the Devils, absent Fitzy making some changes to that team. Too bad he blew his cash already.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Oh look, LAK owners get around GM Rob Blake and he hired…wait for it…the assistant, well, because, he was cheap since they still have to pay Mcllelan unless he grabs another gig.

The same GM that made an awful trade with WPG, then signed one of the worst contracts in the NHL. That’s on top of the 3/15M deal he gave Peterson, which he jettisoned with Sean Walker plus a 2nd rounder (and more) to dump the contract. Philly then flipped Walker for a 1st and 5th to COL. Ooof.

And people were ‘be like the Kings.’ Brilliant.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
So, he spent his time prioritizing his family, oh wait, hold on family, I need me to spend time with my agent and interviewing for jobs. LMAO.
You gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
NHL.com reporting Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe for HC.

Sounds like a good choice IMO. Keefe probably learned a few things what he did wrong what can improve on and will be better the second time around
So Keefe goes from the Leafs all offense to the Devils all offense. I guess that’s a good fit

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Oh look, LAK owners get around GM Rob Blake and he hired…wait for it…the assistant, well, because, he was cheap since they still have to pay Mcllelan unless he grabs another gig.

The same GM that made an awful trade with WPG, then signed one of the worst contracts in the NHL. That’s on top of the 3/15M deal he gave Peterson, which he jettisoned with Sean Walker plus a 2nd rounder (and more) to dump the contract. Philly then flipped Walker for a 1st and 5th to COL. Ooof.

And people were ‘be like the Kings.’ Brilliant.
You know I still wonder how the Islanders CONTINUE to get crapped on for their choices yet the Kings dont get a single thing given their way. It makes no sense.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
You know I still wonder how the Islanders CONTINUE to get crapped on for their choices yet the Kings dont get a single thing given their way. It makes no sense.
Bc it’s easier to complain about an old guy with old school rituals vs. the run of dumbo ex-player GMs like Blake and Fitzgerald that have backed their teams into a big corners, but they have fast skaters on the ice…so, they win (nothing).

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Stankoven looks fast in a game that McDavid is playing in.

Imagine if the story of that series is McDavid survives a double minor and inexplicable miss of an open net to get the double OT GWG?

How un-Tavares like. (still hate him)

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Hey Lou, do this with Thomas Hickey.

…waiting for the first snarky comment to be posted
Sounds like marketing.

Don’t look at that Tarasenko guy that’s gonna win a Cup. Toronto now has our coach. Vegas has our best defenseman.

Our best player cries over criticism and is a -50 over the past two seasons. Our one hit wonder goalie still stinks and he costs A LOT of money.

Might need some PR for that and bump yourself upstairs and tutor someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osakahaus

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sounds like marketing.

Don’t look at that Tarasenko guy that’s gonna win a Cup. Toronto now has our coach. Vegas has our best defenseman.

Our best player cries over criticism and is a -50 over the past two seasons. Our one hit wonder goalie still stinks and he costs A LOT of money.

Might need some PR for that and bump yourself upstairs and tutor someone.
IMG_0441.jpeg

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
He didn't look very impressive in the playoffs
Put him and the Prez together and you have the Kakka Kakko line . . . then add Pupi from My Life in Ruins, and you have the Kakka Pupi Kakko line. That line will stink out the joint. Or Rangers fans will turn it into the GAG line . . .

• Haha
Reactions: beach

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
They are innovators in STL, once upon a time they hired a new head coach, while having a SC winning coach. Too bad, they fired the SC coach in season, the new guy in waiting lasted a whopping 12 months. He’s yet to be a head coach in the nhl again.

Great succession planning. Maybe they’ll try again…nah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad