News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I don't know why...but I can't stand watching Patrick Dwyer play hockey for this team. He's a guy that is the definition of replaceable...and he saw 2nd line minutes last year. Ewwwwww.

And I freely admit he's probably a super guy, and may even be a leader for this treat. But man...the anger runs deep.

You shut your mouth.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
My thought is that we should always be looking to upgrade.

Just from a pure business standpoint, we should be looking to cut salary, not add more contracts. Attendance isn't the greatest, and given how stingy PK was this offseason, every dollar saved will probably help the team in the long run.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
PK really needs to sell the team if he isn't interested in spending the money necessary to improve the club. He can't be making money with how things are going now.

I think Galiardi makes maybe $850K.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I don't know why...but I can't stand watching Patrick Dwyer play hockey for this team. He's a guy that is the definition of replaceable...and he saw 2nd line minutes last year. Ewwwwww.

And I freely admit he's probably a super guy, and may even be a leader for this treat. But man...the anger runs deep.

He's a 4th liner. He needs to be glued there. He has great speed and decent defensive skills. But he's limited and can't finish plays, which is why watching him with Jordan was so frustrating. That's why he's a 4th liner, and actually a pretty solid one.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
^^ This. He's as good a fourth liner as you'll find- good energy, good speed, can kill penalties. Anything higher than that isn't good for him or the team. But that's the Hurricanes motto- if you can play 4th line, let's put you on the second. Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg's bit about TV and standup- "Hey you're a really good cook- can you farm?"

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
he's a 4th liner. He needs to be glued there. He has great speed and decent defensive skills. But he's limited and can't finish plays, which is why watching him with jordan was so frustrating. That's why he's a 4th liner, and actually a pretty solid one.

glued.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
10177406_10203241200898258_8228060232220793686_n.jpg

I emailed them saying that if they have the one I want I want it, otherwise to give me a partial refund.

dammit100

Nov 5, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I don't think there's really anything that's irreplaceable about Dwyer's game, but I think he's a solid 4th/3rd line guy who's good on the PK. A lot like LaRose in many ways, though probably a little better on D and worse on offense.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
10177406_10203241200898258_8228060232220793686_n.jpg

I emailed them saying that if they have the one I want I want it, otherwise to give me a partial refund.

Partial? I'd request a full refund or a gift card in the amount of what you paid for that thing. That is *not* what they have advertised and constitutes false advertising.

Note that the branding even is different - yours says Hurricanes rather than Carolina Hurricanes as depicted below

thumb.aspx

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I'd be pissed about the sweater. It's not even close to the one that is advertised. That's pretty weak.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Partial? I'd request a full refund or a gift card in the amount of what you paid for that thing. That is *not* what they have advertised and constitutes false advertising.

Note that the branding even is different - yours says Hurricanes rather than Carolina Hurricanes as depicted below

thumb.aspx

Partial because I still want it regardless, lol.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I asked for a partial refund, they were totally game, they sent in a request and I'll get a call in a day or two.

I like the sweater, it's not great but it's better than nothing especially if my refund is big enough... Still really disappointed about the pigs.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Pat Dwyer represents everything wrong with USA hockey. At the lower levels, they focus on speed and nothing else.

This is why, come Olympic time, the US has loads of grinders to select from, but when it comes to talented forwards, they can choose between Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Phil Kessel and Bobby Ryan. That's some terrible depth right there.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That's not even ****ing up, because that implies an accident. Some intern was probably looking for a picture and goes, meh, close enough.

I wonder if other teams' are different.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'd be pissed about that sweater. How can they even **** up that badly?

The child laborers in the factory outside Jakarta cranking out orders for shop.nhl.com for the holidays don't know the difference between a reindeer and a pig and their tiny little fingers got tired from doing the heatpress on all those Sidney Crosby jerseys so they decided to skip out on stitching "Carolina" so that they get carpal tunnel at age 11 instead of age 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad