News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Chip Alexander
Pat Dwyer says while players will have their Thanksgiving dinner in Pittsburgh, Canes' wives will gather at his house for their turkey.

I missed this before. So the Canes play in Florida on Wednesday, then are home on Friday night against Pittsburgh, then travel to Pittsburgh on Saturday. Why won't the players just have Thanksgiving Dinner, you know, on Thanksgiving when they are home in Raleigh?

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
But he's not doing that. He's going into games with different lines each time.

He's going into games with different players every time too.

But again, if he looks at the team they're playing, and then forms lines he likes to match up with that team, is that a bad thing?

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
He's going into games with different players every time too.

But again, if he looks at the team they're playing, and then forms lines he likes to match up with that team, is that a bad thing?

Is adjusting your lines based on your opponent a bad thing?

Um, yes.

Coaches should find lines that work to establish THEIR game and impose THEIR will against the opponents. Not gameplanning scared based on the strengths of the team we're facing.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yes I sure have. What did we do when we were going on that win streak? We established our possession game and made life hell for other teams in the neutral zone.

Not acknowledging the other teams strengths and having lines prepared to match against them if needed is nonsensical. The Bruins match up. The ducks match up. It's one thing to stress "we want to play our game", it's another to criticize the coach for creating match ups based on the competition.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Line matchups and style of play are not necessarily mutually inclusive.

Didn't look back at what started that debate, but I had issues with the entire lineup in that COL game. He should have dressed 7 d-men and penciled Boychuk or Terry in. **** math.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Michal Jordan up and will play with Hainsey due to the Bellemore injury. Harrison sits, but is already a go for Pittsburgh, according to Bill Peters.

Um, why? What if they win 12-0 with every defenseman recording 2+2? Obviously an exaggeration, but why is he making lineup decisions for games that aren't even next.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Michal Jordan up and will play with Hainsey due to the Bellemore injury. Harrison sits, but is already a go for Pittsburgh, according to Bill Peters.

Um, why? What if they win 12-0 with every defenseman recording 2+2? Obviously an exaggeration, but why is he making lineup decisions for games that aren't even next.

To throw off Mike Johnston's game plan.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
TJ Galiardi on waivers today. Would be a nice add to 4th line......

Honestly now that we've claimed Nesty I don't even want to claim anymore 4th line fill ins. I'd rather keep Boychuk and Dwyer there. Outside of them the top-9 is too good for someone like Galiardi.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I don't know why...but I can't stand watching Patrick Dwyer play hockey for this team. He's a guy that is the definition of replaceable...and he saw 2nd line minutes last year. Ewwwwww.

And I freely admit he's probably a super guy, and may even be a leader for this treat. But man...the anger runs deep.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I don't know why...but I can't stand watching Patrick Dwyer play hockey for this team. He's a guy that is the definition of replaceable...and he saw 2nd line minutes last year. Ewwwwww.

And I freely admit he's probably a super guy, and may even be a leader for this treat. But man...the anger runs deep.

patty dwyer is my favorite player ever from the great state of washington.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Honestly now that we've claimed Nesty I don't even want to claim anymore 4th line fill ins. I'd rather keep Boychuk and Dwyer there. Outside of them the top-9 is too good for someone like Galiardi.

My thought is that we should always be looking to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad