News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Holy **** the Matrix

SSSH. It didn't happen.

I was attempting to look at Chicago over the same time span for reference, just to make us look bad. But of course I can't simply use the tags from war-on-ice and make things simple.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rWAoe8B.png

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, I have to print screen to paint, crop, and upload to imgur. The direct links to the web page don't even really work either. Most of the options are unselected.

But yeah, look at Chicago's axes. FF% runs all the way to 58 and the PDO 102 (which is going to be naturally a touch higher). And if we overlap on a game-by-game basis:

2TKV5co.png

The dotted lines' colors are off but the right ones should be obvious.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Yeah, I have to print screen to paint, crop, and upload to imgur. The direct links to the web page don't even really work either. Most of the options are unselected.

But yeah, look at Chicago's axes. FF% runs all the way to 58 and the PDO 102 (which is going to be naturally a touch higher). And if we overlap on a game-by-game basis:

2TKV5co.png

The dotted lines' colors are off but the right ones should be obvious.

Yeah, I figured it out once I took the red pill.

But yeah, your picture is really telling. Amazing what a roster that isn't total ass will do for you.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm looking for a quote from JR that (I believe) he gave last year. He was discussing Ward and he said something about how they overplayed him early in his career and that's likely the reason why he suffered the injuries recently.

I can't seem to find it though. Anyone remember this?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How the Canes Broke Cam Ward and Fixed Him Again

http://thehockeywriters.com/how-the-carolina-hurricanes-broke-cam-ward-and-fixed-him-again/

Yeah, I decided to write about Ward. Some of the stats I dug up are just hilarious. I can honestly say I don't think a goaltender has received less help, both in terms of shots faced and number of games being forced to start (due to a lack of a suitable backup) in quite some time.

Weird to say but it's probably unfair to lump Manny into that wheelhouse of rotating backups. He was only signed as an emergency when Ward went down to injury, and outperformed Peters (who wasn't bad but nowhere near ready) and VASTLY outperformed Michael "Fainting Goat" Leighton who is one of the few players we deservedly booed out of town. But had not Cam gotten hurt it's unlikely that Legace even registers here at all, and for what he did play here he acquitted himself quite well.

Also 5 to 1 says that guy that posted on your article is Pauser lol.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I debated about adding Legace, but I figured if I didn't, someone would call me out on it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Because I was just surfing stats this morning, I came up with a few useless trivia questions. Can you answer them without cheating?

1. Since 2005-06, only two NHL forwards have skated more minutes than Eric Staal. Can you name them?

2. What two players are tied for the Hurricanes' lead in penalties drawn this year, and with how many?

3. Since 2005-06, who leads the Hurricanes in points/60 (minimum 1k minutes, all situations)?

4. Since 2005-06, what Hurricane leads the team in TOI%? (basically percentage of dressed games on the ice instead of the bench, minimum 1k minutes, all situations).

5. Since 2005-06, what defenseman leads the Hurricanes in all situations points/60? Even strength points/60? Both minimum 100 games.

Last edited:

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Because I was just surfing stats this morning, I came up with a few useless trivia questions. Can you answer them without cheating?

1. Since 2005-06, only two NHL forwards have skated more minutes than Eric Staal. Can you name them?
Ovechkin, Thornton

2. What two players are tied for the Hurricanes' lead in penalties drawn this year, and with how many?
Semin and Gerbe with 4

3. Since 2005-06, who leads the Hurricanes in points/60 (minimum 1k minutes, all situations)?
Whitney

4. Since 2005-06, what Hurricane leads the team in TOI%? (basically percentage of dressed games on the ice instead of the bench, minimum 1k minutes, all situations)
Pikinin

5. What defenseman leads the Hurricanes in all situations points/60? Even strength points/60? Both minimum 100 games.
Corvo, Sekera (not sure if he's played 100 games)

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Gonna say that the penalties drawn is more than that, only because I've seen Semin draw two in one game, AND I've missed several games.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Oops I forgot to give the answers for the trivia questions no on cared about.

1. Ovechkin, St. Louis
2. Semin and Gerbe with 9
3. Whitney
4. Pitkanen
5. Babchuck, Commodore

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There's no way #5 is correct. :laugh:

I can maybe see Babchuk leading in all situation/60, since he didn't get a lot of time at even-strength, and his time on the PP was productive as hell.

But Commodore?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Y6xcLS1.png

Also setting it at 100 games eliminates a lot of competition (this is everyone). Commodore got about 30 seconds of PP time per game and didn't play a ton of minutes in general.

EDIT: Actually, looking at it, it seems to count the partial Ottawa season all for Carolina. He got 2 assists in 26 games, so he may be even further ahead.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
They played well in November, but most of the time, it didn't translate into wins. The San Jose game and the Florida game are prime examples of that. Dominate the game, but lose 1-0 because #CanesGonnaCane

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I see most of the grammatical errors from this morning are still there. Commas are not periods. Not that I'm one to talk, but I'm not getting paid big money to do this.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I guess for fans somewhat hungry for information about the team have no alternative but to rely on Maniscalco and the few other clowns that *ahem*, "cover" the Carolina Hurricanes. Bush. League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad