News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
How about Michal Jordan and how he looks more and more comfortable in the NHL? Played a career high 16:48. Took me about 4 seconds to come up with that.

EDIT: Or Rask, or Nestrasil, or a larger piece on the youth outplaying the higher priced players, or Gerbe and "leadership", or Sekera "redeeming" himself, or any number of things that can be drawn out into a story.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How about Michal Jordan and how he looks more and more comfortable in the NHL? Played a career high 16:48. Took me about 4 seconds to come up with that.

EDIT: Or Rask, or Nestrasil, or a larger piece on the youth outplaying the higher priced players, or Gerbe and "leadership", or Sekera "redeeming" himself, or any number of things that can be drawn out into a story.

Sekera "redeeming" himself was also touched upon in Chip's recap. Gerbe's "leadership" was in another N&O piece recently. Talked about his monster shift against Pittsburgh and how guys like Gerbe and Skinner are "playing big" despite their size. And an overall youth piece would probably be better suited when the youth has a more productive game.

The Canes' attendance of late, how it got there, and how it might change depending on Francis' future moves is a perfectly acceptable story. And after a game that drew in the four-digits, it was well-timed.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
There are plenty of articles that are "touched upon" by one writer and completely fleshed out by another. That's part of the reason you send both of them to a game in the first place. No some ******** "story" that could have been written from his bathroom.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
The Canes' attendance of late, how it got there, and how it might change depending on Francis' future moves is a perfectly acceptable story. And after a game that drew in the four-digits, it was well-timed.

I agree. It's not as if the attendance piece was intended to be the game recap; it's just a side story and one that should raise a few eyebrows. There was no need to add game bits, since they would take away from the point of the article and repeat what Chip wrote in his.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Sekera's injury at the end might have put a hamper on that story though. The indication was that he was still receiving medical attention when Peters was doing his post-game presser. Would make it difficult to receive a quote from Sekera himself, and thus, have much more than what was in Chip's article (which was basically Peters and Ward discussing how important it was to block shots and play hard to earn victories).

The Stranger

May 4, 2014

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Dec 30, 2013
Pretty sure you can choose, just ask them what sections are available

Thank you!

Random Note:

Even after the glorious October start, Cam Ward's GAA is better than his season average for every season aside from 2008-2009.

#elitecamward #camward4vezina #stanleycupincoming

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
the deed has been done

edit: apparently "quietly roaring back" is frowned upon in this establishment

I added Lunqvist, Enroth, Howard, and Khudobin to it.

Then added Halak and Elliott to show how ridiculous they've been since I knew somebody would demand it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Peters said Ward was a little sore yesterday and he didn't practice. Probably very minor, but something to keep an eye on for a dude with injury problems lately. He only faced, what, 30 shots?

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
According to the preview on NHL.com Sekera and Ward were both held out of practice, questionable for tonight. With Sekera I think they can win this game, without him not so much.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Peters said Ward was a little sore yesterday and he didn't practice. Probably very minor, but something to keep an eye on for a dude with injury problems lately. He only faced, what, 30 shots?

Shouldn't even matter if he feels fine today, Dobby should play. He shouldn't be dealing with any soreness this early.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Shouldn't even matter if he feels fine today, Dobby should play. He shouldn't be dealing with any soreness this early.

I guess it depends what the soreness is from. If he got bumped or hit in a bad spot by the puck and has some sore of bruise, then no big deal. If it is any sort of pull or joint/back type issue, then I agree. Sounds like Ward will go if he can though:

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes · 20h 20 hours ago
Off day for Cam Ward, who was "a little sore" per #Canes head coach Bill Peters. Ward will start Thursday if he feels good.

He also expects Sekera to go.

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes · 20h 20 hours ago
#Canes head coach Bill Peters said he expects Andrej Sekera to play Thursday, but he's not positive.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
He's on pace right now for what, 57ish starts? Huge improvement from the past, but we don't want to break him down further, and he gives us the best chance to win. I'd prefer to avoid both.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The organization has to avoid falling into the same trap they did in the past and just start every game with Ward because he gives them the best chance to win.

That likely contributed to the whole injury mess in the first place, and they can't do it again, especially with a guy that's still only a year removed from said injuries.

GoCanes2013

May 7, 2009
Raleigh
And the Canes have recalled G Drew Mcintyre - to back up Dobby just for a game while Cam is sore? Or something more going on with Cam?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Day to day with lower body. He's probably just damn tired. No need to overplay him, as BB said.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The organization has to avoid falling into the same trap they did in the past and just start every game with Ward because he gives them the best chance to win.

That likely contributed to the whole injury mess in the first place, and they can't do it again, especially with a guy that's still only a year removed from said injuries.

It may have contributed to his back issues, but two of his major injuries: the knee injury and getting sliced by Nash's skate, had nothing to do with them overplaying him. That said, I agree with not overplaying him, especially with a capable backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad