GDT: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, Saturday, April 6th 7 PM EST

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
You let the sieve that is Ellis walk, you trade McBain for a forward with some size, skill, and grit while he still has SOME value this offseason, and you draft Seth Jones with the #1 overall pick.

Upgrades the defense automatically, and letting Ellis go is addition by subtraction.

Wait, so you're saying that trading Ward and handing the starting job to Ellis at the beginning of the season would've been a BAD idea???

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Wait, so you're saying that trading Ward and handing the starting job to Ellis at the beginning of the season would've been a BAD idea???

I know, what a concept.

I mean what kind of person could possibly come up with such an idiotic idea? Ward's far from perfect, but he's still one of the best in the league considering what he does when he's healthy behind a defense this porous.

Bellerman, takes the body, takes the puck, draws the penalty.

I'll eat some crow on this one, as I thought his skating would be too much of a liability at the NHL level, but the dude's a keeper. Give him a shot at the #6 job next year and see what he can do from there. Brett Sabe r hagellemore?

Seriously, what the **** is this ****, no Bret Sabe.rhagen references?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dave, McBain will bring us nothing. Everyone else knows he's awful too.

Not entirely sure on that one. When he first hit the wire, before the Pitkanen injury, the reaction according to some guys in the know was surprise and interest.

Not saying you're off base since you have better connections then I do, but I also trust people like Dregger on their take as well.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Regulation loss?

Skinner/Dalpe combo looks good in last 10 minutes?

Bellemore not completely useless?

Just as planned.

Do Meth for Seth continues!! :yo::yo:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
You guys dominated tonight, you outshot us 43-22 at ES. If you can play like this consistently, only good things can come of it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You guys dominated tonight, you outshot us 43-22 at ES. If you can play like this consistently, only good things can come of it.

Only good thing that can come of this season is Seth Jones.... well I guess Nikita Zadorov, Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin, Darnell Nurse, Seth Monahan, or Sasha Barkov are good things as well, just not as good.

WalkerBabe

Oct 26, 2007
Raleigh NC
Between the team's playoff adds, their performance and having Chantel as one of our broadcasters, the season couldn't get much more embarrassing. And here I sit, with $700 worth of tickets for the last few games. UGH! All I can say is UGH ... never again will I buy tickets ahead like I did this year, and certainly no season tickets as we had actually thought about doing next year! :shakehead

Datsyuk Prospect

Mar 6, 2013
i.imgur.com
This dude right here... saving 47 shots and still puts on that hat. :sarcasm:

1ovGpnF.jpg

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Only good thing that can come of this season is Seth Jones.

Well this season is obviously a write-off at this point. If you want Jones/MacKinnon you should NOT continue to play like this! So my comment was probably slightly misplaced...

I just haven't seen the Rangers this outplayed in a long time, and the Rangers have been carrying the play at ES all year. Not that it helps much during a slump like this, but your core is obviously capable of playing REALLY good hockey.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
The fans DO have the power to induce change collectively. It is difficult, but giving money to this organization in any way, shape or form must stop. It may take a while but it's the only way unless fans want to be entertained by this kind of product as is.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
i feel like something big is gonna happen soon. someone's gonna get fired or something. this is a huge losing streak. i feel like they gotta do something to shake things up and make a display to the fan base

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The fans DO have the power to induce change collectively. It is difficult, but giving money to this organization in any way, shape or form must stop. It may take a while but it's the only way unless fans want to be entertained by this kind of product as is.

The only change that can induce is a change of geography.

Unless you think that JR and Karmanos inherently enjoy watching this team fail.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Can't wait to watch the Seattle Hurricanes in a few years after everyone begins their protest next season.

Exactly. Protesting with your wallet rarely, if ever, works when it comes to sports teams, especially when talking about an owner who has already relocated a team once for not selling enough tickets. Not that I think Karmanos would move the Canes any time soon, but just that there is the track record. Beyond that, how in the hell does anybody think having less revenue will somehow lead to a better on-ice product? Last I checked NHL players weren't playing for free.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
How are we still ahead of Tampa in the standings when we have the same number of games played and exact record? We haven't beat them at all this year

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Between the team's playoff adds, their performance and having Chantel as one of our broadcasters, the season couldn't get much more embarrassing. And here I sit, with $700 worth of tickets for the last few games. UGH! All I can say is UGH ... never again will I buy tickets ahead like I did this year, and certainly no season tickets as we had actually thought about doing next year! :shakehead

I'm calling my ticket rep on Monday once I have some time off, as well as whoever else in the Canes FO I need to talk to. Their ticket price hike for next season, after this dismal finish is outright misguided at best. Frankly they need to freeze the prices for ANYONE willing to come back after this ****show of a season's end. Karmanos has a decision to make, either he can eat the money as we continue to suck while mitigating the damages by price freezing, or he can alienate the fanbase even farther then it already has been by.... this ****. Only third option out there is JR resigning, but even if this happens it probably still needs to be followed by a price freeze.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

Guys, don't listen to him. It is a secret plot to get the Hurricanes moved to Medicine Hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad