Seravalli: New Jersey Devils have been after Boeser for a few years now.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Vancouver media reporting that Brock Boesers value would be a lil north of Toffoli but I find it hard to believe with his qualifying offer. And based on Devils fans reports on Zacha im not sure why we would be targetting him. Seems are primary focus is a top 4 RD and a 3C good on faceoffs and PK. Anything Devils assets match that kind of ask??

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Vancouver media reporting that Brock Boesers value would be a lil north of Toffoli but I find it hard to believe with his qualifying offer. And based on Devils fans reports on Zacha im not sure why we would be targetting him. Seems are primary focus is a top 4 RD and a 3C good on faceoffs and PK. Anything Devils assets match that kind of ask??

Sure, Severson and McLeod.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Rutherford has reportedly squashed any rumor that Garland is available. He hasnt done the same for Boeser/Miller.

What do devil fans think of these propsals

1st round pick 2022 (top 3 protected)
3rd round pick 2022
Reilly Walsh

for

Boeser
5th round pick

or

Holtz
2nd round pick
4th round pick

for

Boeser
5th round pick
I’d think Holtz is off limits. I know you have to give to get but I can see the Devils offering up a lot of other assets before they would consider moving Holtz. Maybe it would have been possible this past off-season , prior to Holtz having a very good season in Utica.
Not sure on the first rounder this year, I’d assume they don’t trade the pick now and wait until the draft if they decide to move it .
My best guess of assets the Devils would offer is:
Ty Smith
Severson
Zacha
Sharangovich
Foote
Boqvist
Walsh
Bahl
Tatar
Johnson
Vesey
Subban
Lesser prospects like Zetterlund Studenic

Picks and taking cap back in return .

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
As I have said before I do not think Devils-Canucks are good trade partners. Devils are weak at RD and have no 3C strong D/good faceoff types that are available. Also both teams on the same timeline with respect to winning in 2-3 years as well.

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
I’d think Holtz is off limits. I know you have to give to get but I can see the Devils offering up a lot of other assets before they would consider moving Holtz. Maybe it would have been possible this past off-season , prior to Holtz having a very good season in Utica.
Not sure on the first rounder this year, I’d assume they don’t trade the pick now and wait until the draft if they decide to move it .
My best guess of assets the Devils would offer is:
Ty Smith
Severson
Zacha
Sharangovich
Foote
Boqvist
Walsh
Bahl
Tatar
Johnson
Vesey
Subban
Lesser prospects like Zetterlund Studenic

Picks and taking cap back in return .

That's a big offer.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I like both teams well enough but I would really tip my hat to the Devils if they picked up Boeser. Looking where that group is, that would be a great addition for them.

That said, after reading into what JR said, I'm wondering if the deal wouldn't mean more geared towards Miles Woods rather than Zacha. I have a gut feeling that if a trade did go down with Boeser going to Jersey, it would be like Miles Woods + 2nd coming back, maybe even adding a prospect in there like Nolan Foote.
Woods value is not that much . I’m a devils fan and like what he brings to our roster but his value is not as high as you think.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
I wouldn’t trade Holtz for Boeser. Holtz is putting up ridiculous numbers at his age in the AHL. His contract likely slides this year too, which means you have him on his ELC for the next three years.

I can’t see the Devils dealing the first either, especially with how horrendous the goaltending has been. If we were looking at a 12-14 finish, it might make some sense, but goaltending is singlehandedly tanking games at the moment.
We have lots of goaltending depth. Martin / Di Pietro / Halak. Have one.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
3-Way
Dvorak to Vancouver
Boeser to NJ
Ty Smith to Mtl

Picks/prospects added to even it out as needed

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
3-Way
Dvorak to Vancouver
Boeser to NJ
Ty Smith to Mtl

Picks/prospects added to even it out as needed
Very interesting .
I know that a trade between Devils and Canucks may be hard as we both need RHD and are thin at 3c .
Maybe a three way is needed or maybe the Canucks can obtain pieces and shop them around after themselves. Maybe a Metro team wants a player or prospect from the Devils that NJ woild not normally trade themselves to a rival team. Kinda shady business but it has happened before.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
In what world does 30 yr old Tyler Toffoli get more in a return than 24 yr old Brock Boeser?

In a world where the 30yr old has produced at similar rates over the last couple of years and is signed to a cheaper, mid-length level contract vs Boeser's soon-to-be concerning $7mil QO?

Woods value is not that much . I’m a devils fan and like what he brings to our roster but his value is not as high as you think.

Fair. I guess I may be overvaluing him then. I figured he was worth about was Coleman got, which was Nolan+1st. Would Woods+Nolan Foote+1st be closer?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
As I have said before I do not think Devils-Canucks are good trade partners. Devils are weak at RD and have no 3C strong D/good faceoff types that are available. Also both teams on the same timeline with respect to winning in 2-3 years as well.
If that’s the case, you can have Poolman and Dickinson.

Don’t even need anything back.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Wonder if Vancouver would have any interest in a Garland AND Boeser to NJ deal?

To NJ:
Brock Boeser
Conor Garland

To VAN:
Pavel Zacha
Ty Smith
2023 1st round pick (top 2 protected)
2022 2nd round pick
Nolan Foote
Jesper Boqvist

Reactions: golffuul

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Wonder if Vancouver would have any interest in a Garland AND Boeser to NJ deal?

To NJ:
Brock Boeser
Conor Garland

To VAN:
Pavel Zacha
Ty Smith
2023 1st round pick (top 2 protected)
2022 2nd round pick
Nolan Foote
Jesper Boqvist
As a devils fan I say no .
Has nothing to do at all about value but rather the Devils , while needing top 6 forwards , not these two.
Yes to Boeser . We need a forward that can play an “interior” game more so. We don’t need two players of this style.

Reactions: hidek91

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
As a devils fan I say no .
Has nothing to do at all about value but rather the Devils , while needing top 6 forwards , not these two.
Yes to Boeser . We need a forward that can play an “interior” game more so. We don’t need two players of this style.

Boeser and Garland play a completely different style though

Reactions: zcaptain
Feb 19, 2018
Holtz + 2nd for Boeser

The dream projection for Holtz is Boeser.
You get a finished product for something Canucks hope Holtz turns out to be. The 2nd is for the risk he doesn’t.

Reactions: golffuul

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Fair. I guess I may be overvaluing him then. I figured he was worth about was Coleman got, which was Nolan+1st. Would Woods+Nolan Foote+1st be closer?
I think Coleman had more value than Wood has now, but not much. I mean Wood is a 20 goal scorer who can skate, he has size and grit. He has tunnel vision, but he would be a useful player for many playoff teams.

On the other hand, he has been injured the whole season, so some GMs may be a bit wary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad