Prospect Info: New Jersey Devils Draft Simon Nemec, 2nd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I have no doubt in my mind we picked the right defenseman but only time will tell. I'm actually intrigued in this draft cause I live in Montreal, and I had told my friends the player to pick here for the hams is Logan Cooley. Can't wait to see what happens, even with Wright

Reactions: mdj12784

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
And Nemec didn’t get nearly as much pp opportunity from the get go.

But it looks like the defense could use some work.
100%, and that’s not to be unexpected for a young, offensively minded D-man. That’s why the organization has put a big defensive emphasis on him.

Good stuff from Nemec this year, I didn’t expect this type of season from him, because it’s so rare for 18 year old European D-men to have first NA seasons like that.

Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I have no doubt in my mind we picked the right defenseman but only time will tell. I'm actually intrigued in this draft cause I live in Montreal, and I had told my friends the player to pick here for the hams is Logan Cooley. Can't wait to see what happens, even with Wright
Does Cooley smoke his hams or prepare them in a more traditional way? I agree that if a prospect can bring dinner along that is an added benefit compared to the average young player who shows up just expecting to be fed.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Does Cooley smoke his hams or prepare them in a more traditional way? I agree that if a prospect can bring dinner along that is an added benefit compared to the average young player who shows up just expecting to be fed.
Indeed it's a smoked one!! I'm happy for him since the hams didn't take him, hopefully Slavkovsky is a bust!!

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Indeed it's a smoke one!! I'm happy for him since the hams didn't take him, hopefully Slavkovsky is a bust!!
I hope it's obvious I'm just being goofy. How is it as a fan of an out of town team in a place like Montreal? I loved visiting there. Smoked meat was a fantastic sandwich.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I hope it's obvious I'm just being goofy. How is it as a fan of an out of town team in a place like Montreal? I loved visiting there. Smoked meat was a fantastic sandwich.
Hockey in Montreal is great, everyone is passionate about it. Kind of like the NFL in the US. I don't get it that rough luckily, they hate the bruins and leafs fans to another level.
I grew up in St Leonard, so that's where Marty grew up as well. The local rink is named after him. Falling in love with his play and team was easy at that point...

Montreal is a beautiful city, it has a very European look and vibe. I'm sure you ate very good while you were here!!;)

Smoke meat, Poutine are 2 of the most famous "Montreal" dishes that's for sure!!

My3Sons

Sponsor
Hockey in Montreal is great, everyone is passionate about it. Kind of like the NFL in the US. I don't get it that rough luckily, they hate the bruins and leafs fans to another level.
I grew up in St Leonard, so that's where Marty grew up as well. The local rink is named after him. Falling in love with his play and team was easy at that point...

Montreal is a beautiful city, it has a very European look and has multi nationalities. I'm sure you ate very good while you were here!!;)

Smoke meat, Poutine are 2 of the most famous "Montreal" dishes that's for sure!!
We also had great Vietnamese food and a nice fine dining meal although I cannot for the life of me recall where we had it. Just a wonderful city.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We also had great Vietnamese food and a nice fine dining meal although I cannot for the life of me recall where we had it. Just a wonderful city.
I love the food talk going on on this board lately lmao. Speaking of Montreal, have you ever been to Québec City? Great food there too and nice city!

Montreal is a beautiful city, it has a very European look and vibe. I'm sure you ate very good while you were here!!;)

Montreal! La Banquise! Great poutine spot! Also, give me MTL style bagels any day. St-Viateur bagels are where it’s at!

My3Sons

Sponsor
I love the food talk going on on this board lately lmao. Speaking of Montreal, have you ever been to Québec City? Great food there too and nice city!

Montreal! La Banquise! Great poutine spot! Also, give me MTL style bagels any day. St-Viateur bagels are where it’s at!
We haven’t made it to Quebec City yet. Maybe next year. This year’s big trip is to France.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Funnily enough, Quebec is basically Europe in North America. Very nice city, Old Quebec is a favorite of mine!
I’d love to visit. My kids have wanted to see England and Italy first and my wife wanted to visit France. She is convinced this will be our last family vacation with our oldest now 26. Assuming it is we can go somewhere closer to home next time. I’d love to visit Quebec City.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I’d love to visit. My kids have wanted to see England and Italy first and my wife wanted to visit France. She is convinced this will be our last family vacation with our oldest now 26. Assuming it is we can go somewhere closer to home next time. I’d love to visit Quebec City.
Ehhh…dad. I’m 43 now. I told mom to make you take your meds!

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
Old Quebec is beautiful. You’ll love it. Go all out and stay at Chateau Frontenac

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC

Yep. Smoked Meat... Schwartz's... St. Viateur for montreal-style bagels... la banquise for poutine... bieres et compagnie for mussles... cocktails at dominion square tavern.... I love Montreal for food and drink alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad