New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Jordan Binnington

fetch

They vaguely look like music notes with yellow accents. I usually hate plain, white gear but this setup is pretty nice.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Wonder who this mask belongs to.

11760126_10153484919794819_614548781047121593_n.jpg

"Working on a mask transformed into a viking boat on a stormy ocean... It is in the details in each painting the stories are told #daveartthecradleofcreativity"

Lack, maybe? Thus far we've only seen the Swedish Chef on the left side of the mask, and this looks like the right side of the mask. Lack's Swedish and Dave's done a boat on a stormy ocean before in past masks for Canes goalies (Dan Ellis' springs to mind) so it might fit thematically.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
10955325_10153495029029819_6839947532786672965_n.jpg

"Today we have the pleasure to present the new mask artwork for my friend Stefan Steen, goalie in the Swedish Champs Växjö Lakers.

Stefan wanted an old school design, with one side as a tribute to his home of Värmland were he grew up, and the other side as a tribute to his new home of Växjö.❤

Stefan grew up very near to Selma Lagerlöf´s home, the world famous author and Nobel prize winner. I created and painted a layout with a theme of Selma with a portrait of her next to one of her figures Nils Holgersson flying on his goose.

On the Växjö side is St Sigfrid in a clean style.

The eagle in the forehead is the eagle of Värmland. The mask is loaded with extreme details all over the mask, and of course all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX can be found all over the mask as a treasure map.

Thanks Stefan, so happy to be your artist.

Thank you all.❤"

Aug 3, 2010
It's a good thing DaveArt doesn't do pad/glove/blocker art too.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Speaking of Lack he's posted his new equipment on Instagram.

The logo in the middle is terrible, I have never liked that for any team, I guess it's a nice bulls-eye?

Lack's pads are phenomenal.

They are white and red, I mean...sure?

It's very generic. Which is fine, Pads shouldn't be so busy, that's the mask's job and DaveArt to just flat out butcher.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
They are white and red, I mean...sure?

It's very generic. Which is fine, Pads shouldn't be so busy, that's the mask's job and DaveArt to just flat out butcher.

I've never liked Brian's equipment until last year with their new design, Lack would look so much better with the minimal red/black stripes on the side, or something like Antti Raanta's design from last year:

antti-raanta-matt-bartkowski-nhl-boston-bruins-chicago-blackhawks1-850x560.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I've never liked Brian's equipment until last year with their new design, Lack would look so much better with the minimal red/black stripes on the side, or something like Antti Raanta's design from last year:

antti-raanta-matt-bartkowski-nhl-boston-bruins-chicago-blackhawks1-850x560.jpg

I like Lack's pads, I like the clean look, but the logo in the middle? That's terrible, that's like one of those things a little kid does in NHL15 customization mode.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Personally I'm not a fan of the logo in the middle look either although it's still not as bad as the orca on each pad look that Cloutier once sported.

cloutier.jpg

Or the checkerboard storm flag pattern that Trevor Kidd had

kidd.jpg

Hm...am I picking up a trend here?

At any rate, there's also talk (from his Twitter feed) that he's considering a black version with our storm flag secondary for when we wear our thirds.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
DaveArt's masks would benefit greatly with a reduced number of lens flares all over it. Your eyes can't go anywhere without being bombarded by them.

Those aren't lens flares, those are trademarked DAVEART ONLY tech FX that ONLY the DAVEART, CRADLEOFCREATIVITY, can do. :shakehead

So much unnecessary crap all over his stuff. DAVEART Trademark Bluetooth e-Tech e-FX coming to goalie masks next year. You heard it here first folks.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Those aren't lens flares, those are trademarked DAVEART ONLY tech FX that ONLY the DAVEART, CRADLEOFCREATIVITY, can do. :shakehead

So much unnecessary crap all over his stuff. DAVEART Trademark Bluetooth e-Tech e-FX coming to goalie masks next year. You heard it here first folks.

He's basically the Michael Bay of mask designers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad