New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That Gibson mask is a new low.

Lack's logo pads look terrible, always have, always will.

Pavelec's mask actually looks like a good concept, but the overall spread/balance of colour looks off.

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
Agreed, that Gibson mask is bad. What's up with the Duck Hunt theme anyway? Seems kind of backwards to me. Should be a Kings goalie with that theme.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Has anyone actually managed to tally up what percentage of the league are all sporting masks from DaveArt? It's gotta be over half. Which is absolutely insane to me, from a creativity and originality standpoint.

That one guy could basically paint up half the masks in the league or more, and still come out with any significant number of genuinely unique and distinctive creative designs seems highly improbable. I mean, with the sheer volume of masks DaveArt generates every year, for NHLers alone...it's no wonder they typically come out like generic same-styled assembly-line TrademarkFX smorgasbords with little in the way of real composition and "design".

Aug 3, 2010
If I had to guess why DaveArt gets a lot of business, my bet would be on that he has procured licenses from major companies such as Disney or Nintendo or whatever - therefore, the masks he creates won't receive a cease-and-desist order when they're worn by the players themselves.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
If I had to guess why DaveArt gets a lot of business, my bet would be on that he has procured licenses from major companies such as Disney or Nintendo or whatever - therefore, the masks he creates won't receive a cease-and-desist order when they're worn by the players themselves.

He's apparently the official artist for Bauer masks, most goalies wear Bauer masks.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Has anyone actually managed to tally up what percentage of the league are all sporting masks from DaveArt? It's gotta be over half. Which is absolutely insane to me, from a creativity and originality standpoint.

ANA - Gibson, Andersen
ARI - Lindback
BUF - Lehner, Johnson
CGY - Ortio
CAR - Lack
CHI - Darling
COL - Varlamov
CBJ - Bobrovsky, McElhinney
DAL - Campbell
DET - Mrazek
EDM - Talbot, Bachman
FLA - None
LA - Enroth
MIN - Dubnyk, Backstrom, Kuemper
MTL - Price, Tokarski
NSH - Rinne
NJ - Schneider, Kinkaid
NYI - Halak
NYR - Lundqvist
OTT - None
PHI - Neuvirth, LaBarbera
PIT - None
SJ - JP Anderson
STL - Lundstrom
TB - Bishop
TOR - Bernier, Reimer
VAN - Markstrom
WSH - Holtby, Ellis
WPG - Pavelec, Budaj

And that's just the NHL.

28921_tv-celebs-2013-mtv-movie-awards-whew.gif

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Ducks goalie Frederik Andersen dropped by to hang out with Dave.....

"Today I had a visit all the way from California��. Anaheim Ducks goalie and my buddy Frederik Andersen came to my studio and we had a fun day. We brainstormed and sketched future mask designs, and talked a lot about Lego ����. @andersen_31 ‪#‎frederikandersen‬ ‪#‎credo‬ @anaheimducks @nhl @davidofdaveart ‪#‎daveartthecradleofcreativity‬ ‪#‎daveart‬ ‪#‎nhl‬"

11811334_10153503883494819_3657451163489572099_n.jpg

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Has the rationale for a glow in the dark mask ever been explained?

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
bannerman_mask_2.jpg

Someone needs to show DaveArt that hand painting simple designs with brushes looks great. No airbrushes. No lens flares. No glow in the dark. No complex design. You look at this mask and you can tell what it is.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11800343_10153507067789819_5930473455337883467_n.jpg

"The Örebro Legacy…

On a distance it is a clean cut retro design. When you come closer, a new dimension opens up, you are welcome to the enter The Örebro Legacy.

It was so exciting to create Henrik Lundberg´s new SHL mask, all built on the DAVEART Trademark Super FX. To create true hockey feelings and a true Örebro mask.

Among all the details you will find a tribute to Henrik´s hometown Gothenburg on the top.
Thanks Henrik, I am so proud to be your personal artist. Thank you all.

‪#‎henriklundberg‬ @orebrohockey @davidofdaveart ‪#‎shl‬ ‪#‎daveartthecradleofcreativity‬ @davidofdaveart ‪#‎daveart‬
"

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

"The Örebro Legacy…

On a distance it is a clean cut retro design. When you come closer, a new dimension opens up, you are welcome to the enter The Örebro Legacy.

It was so exciting to create Henrik Lundberg´s new SHL mask, all built on the DAVEART Trademark Super FX. To create true hockey feelings and a true Örebro mask.

Among all the details you will find a tribute to Henrik´s hometown Gothenburg on the top.

‪#‎henriklundberg‬ @orebrohockey @davidofdaveart ‪#‎shl‬ ‪#‎daveartthecradleofcreativity‬ @davidofdaveart ‪#‎daveart‬
"

The writing looks like it was edited by google translate.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What's the difference between Carey Price 2014 and 2015? I don't see it.

For Rinne: I love Mad Max, but what an ugly mask.

Not a fan of DaveArt, but I like the Bishop one, for some reasons.

Well, the glow-in-the-dark effect does actually make sense for a goaltender of the Lightning. It's a perfect fit (luminous lightning bolts crackling through an ocean of deep dark storm clouds).

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
NHL goalies want too much on their masks while his stuff for European teams is often cleaner and simpler

"The Örebro Legacy…

"

RatKingBolland*

the cradle of creativity

This part annoys me aswell. We Swedes are famous for being humble.. Not this guy :laugh:
Anyone knows who Luongos painter is? His Panthers masks are really good looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
just seems to me like a lot of these guys have an idea be it a video game, movie, cartoon etc ..and try to incorporate as many images from that idea...well, it's a mask, it's not a canvass. What ends up happening is a busy clusterfk of images that hurts just to look and make out all the things. Clean and simple is the way to go for a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad