New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Has this fool released the atrocity that will be Halak's new mask yet?

Just this glow-in-the-dark preview:

22083_10153480133489819_26793098746698286_n.jpg

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Awful. Where are the SuperTechFX? What about GlowFX 2.0? Where are all the Leaf logos and lens flares? She clearly isn't the #CradleOfCreativity.

It doesn't even glow in the dark! What a failure! :)

Hopefully Halak's finished product isn't too different from his mask last year, that was a beauty.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
It doesn't even glow in the dark! What a failure! :)

Hopefully Halak's finished product isn't too different from his mask last year, that was a beauty.

I know, both of his masks were excellent. I even like his pad design. I actually liked Neuvirth's lighthouse design too, so hopefully Halak's is similar to that. Luckily my seats are on the other side of the arena so if it is awful I only have to look at it in the 2nd period :laugh:

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Not quite as bad.

11028712_10153480599714819_2120995109280426761_n.jpg

"It was so fun to create Jonas Johansson´s latest Brynäs mask design. A clean cut old school design, and the closer you come the more details you will discover and the mask transforms into a storyteller mask in front of your eyes. ��

Of course the mask is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX ��, among the incredibly popular DAVEART GLOW Tech FX 2.0 ��… :)

Thanks Jonas, I am so happy to be your mask artist. �� Thank you all. #jonasjohansson@shl_brynasif #daveartthecradleofcreativity#shl @davidofdaveart #daveart#daveartglow@joonasjohansson"

��

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
And of course, followed up with a monstrosity.

11047603_10153480717919819_7483090957975785845_n.jpg

"The SHL season is coming closer and closer. I am very happy to present Felix Sandström´s first Brynäs mask. ��

It was a great honor to create it, Felix´s first SHL mask. The design is created in the old school dimensions, in totally harmony with the awesome and classic Brynäs uniforms.

The whole design is built on the Brynäs stripes, and the closer you come the more details you will discover andthe mask enters a new dimension.��

In the centre of the mask is the year of 1912, the year Brynäs was founded.

The mask is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX… :)

Thanks Jonas, I am so happy to be your mask artist. Thank you all.��
#felixsandström @shl_brynasif #shl#daveartthecradleofcreativity #daveart@davidofdaveart"

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Not quite as bad.

"It was so fun to create Jonas Johansson´s latest Brynäs mask design. A clean cut old school design, and the closer you come the more details you will discover and the mask transforms into a storyteller mask in front of your eyes. ��

Of course the mask is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX ��, among the incredibly popular DAVEART GLOW Tech FX 2.0 ��… :)

Thanks Jonas, I am so happy to be your mask artist. �� Thank you all. #jonasjohansson@shl_brynasif #daveartthecradleofcreativity#shl @davidofdaveart #daveart#daveartglow@joonasjohansson"

��

And of course, followed up with a monstrosity.

11047603_10153480717919819_7483090957975785845_n.jpg

"The SHL season is coming closer and closer. I am very happy to present Felix Sandström´s first Brynäs mask. ��

It was a great honor to create it, Felix´s first SHL mask. The design is created in the old school dimensions, in totally harmony with the awesome and classic Brynäs uniforms.

The whole design is built on the Brynäs stripes, and the closer you come the more details you will discover andthe mask enters a new dimension.��

In the centre of the mask is the year of 1912, the year Brynäs was founded.

The mask is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX… :)

Thanks Jonas, I am so happy to be your mask artist. Thank you all.��
#felixsandström @shl_brynasif #shl#daveartthecradleofcreativity #daveart@davidofdaveart"

I'm struggling to see how these two masks can be for the same team.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not quite as bad.

��

Even if you just took out all the mini logos, that'd be a pretty sweet mask

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
DaveArt reminds me of when I first began writing. I'd try to fit as much description. As many beautiful, fun words into every line.

Then one day, you wake up, you mature and you realize that brevity, holding back and saying more with less is much more powerful.

His masks are just too much. He always wants to put so much of everything. Like, oh I can have this glow in dark. I can put all these hidden logos and pieces into the mask.

Yes, you can do it. Doesn't mean you should.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Lol, DaveArt said "Thanks Jonas" in his release of Felix' mask. He just lost one of his many best friends, methinks.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
DaveArt reminds me of when I first began writing. I'd try to fit as much description. As many beautiful, fun words into every line.

Then one day, you wake up, you mature and you realize that brevity, holding back and saying more with less is much more powerful.

His masks are just too much. He always wants to put so much of everything. Like, oh I can have this glow in dark. I can put all these hidden logos and pieces into the mask.

Daveart's masks are like the burger-crust pizza from Dominoes.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Even if you just took out all the mini logos, that'd be a pretty sweet mask

Yeah. It's actually a somewhat interesting design for once, fundamentally. But the random DaveArt RubberStamp Team LogoFX just mess it all up completely.

That's a really acute description of what DaveArt does. It's the mask equivalent of excessively flowery prose.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
I really love this thread, and seeing all the new gear for next year.

While I wholeheartedly think DaveArt crams way too much onto a mask, he's actually done some nice, more subtle ones. Ben Scrivens' Leafs mask from 2012 (or 2013), and Alex Auld's Canadiens mask from 2011. Although that probably speaks more to Scrivens and Auld's input than Dave's ability to tone it down... I wish more goalies would tell Dave to stop with the mini logos and lens flare (or whatever they are).

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Did she do Jiggy's Leafs mask too? This is easily the best Leafs mask I've ever seen.

without knowing for sure, that definitely looks like her work.

Basically Marlene Ross paints masks that look great from the stands and on tv, while DavefArt paints masks designed to look good with a magnifying glass or in a lazer tag game

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad