Neely concedes Bruins need to handle 'off ice' issues better

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
They compliment each other well. Seguin had a higher PPG than Benn last season, so I'm sure Benn greatly benefits from Tyler's play as well. I'm sure they'd both produce less if they had to play with guys of Hayes' and Koko's caliber instead of each other. I'm not sure what the question even is. Are Seguin and Benn better players than Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin? I don't know, but they're certainly better than anyone on the Boston Bruins.

I would say that Seguin is a 70 point player max with ordinary players. He's a shooter with speed and a good passer,not in the league of Crosby and Malkin or Ovechkin. So far he's got 37 goals and 84 points on his resume,numbers he definitely doesn't reach without Benn.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
The commonly accepted idea that Seguin got traded for the off-ice incident he was alleged to have committed, just goes to show how morally superior the NHL is compared to the NFL.

Compare what Seguin allegedly did to what Greg Hardy ACTUALLY did. And an NFL franchise still employs Greg Hardy. It's despicable.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The commonly accepted idea that Seguin got traded for the off-ice incident he was alleged to have committed, just goes to show how morally superior the NHL is compared to the NFL.

Compare what Seguin allegedly did to what Greg Hardy ACTUALLY did. And an NFL franchise still employs Greg Hardy. It's despicable.

Except,if true,the crime could have destroyed the team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Greg Hardy should be in jail it will be interesting to see what Jerry Jones does. He's not had a good year

Seguin reportedly did was a whole nother situation

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think there are two opinions -

Trading Seguin was wrong

And

Trading Seguin was right but the trade was poss poor.

I'm in the latter group. Glad he is gone, cannot believe how bad Chiarelli ****ed up.

Hell he gave one of the assets away for free in Fraser, shows he regretted it right away.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Seguin reportedly did was a whole nother situation

One, everyone needs a willing dance partner

two, if someone like the rumors asked me to dance, I'd be dancing all night and not care one bit :laugh:.

Does anyone remember how St Louis tried to fix a similar problem they had? haha

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC

Meanwhile in MLB teams actually help their players instead of just trading them away*

*except the Angels

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
One, everyone needs a willing dance partner

two, if someone like the rumors asked me to dance, I'd be dancing all night and not care one bit :laugh:.

Does anyone remember how St Louis tried to fix a similar problem they had? haha

One, choice of any puck bunny in the city (and beyond I'm sure).

Two, if serious, this says a lot about you as a person.

mgreyxx99*

The boychuk and hamilton trades were worse...giving up top 3 dmen for nothing. This is why neely should be fired. Never should have brought him in here in the first place. Chia was the gm no reason to bring neely in to be his boss...typical jacobs screwup. I wish the bruins would focus on hockey and not selling hats and jerseys and bringing sick kids to the games or building shopping malls in the parking lot....hat would be nice

mgreyxx99*

At least they held on to chris kelly so they can trade him at the deadline for more wonderful draft picks.......oh wait nevermind

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The boychuk and hamilton trades were worse...giving up top 3 dmen for nothing. This is why neely should be fired. Never should have brought him in here in the first place. Chia was the gm no reason to bring neely in to be his boss...typical jacobs screwup. I wish the bruins would focus on hockey and not selling hats and jerseys and bringing sick kids to the games or building shopping malls in the parking lot....hat would be nice

Boychuk left a hole that hasn't been filled. Hamilton has been filled by Colin Miller. Hamilton has turned into a 3rd pairing defenseman so far in Calgary, hasn't even broken 20 minutes in his last 9 games and for an offensive totaling only 3 points in 14 games, whatever will we do without that kind of production.

mgreyxx99*

Colin miller is as soft as hamilton. You move hamilton you need to get something that will help us now...not some fat draft pick who will never play for boston

mgreyxx99*

Calgary's problem is their goales suck. Bruins should have kept hamilton and traded rask to the flames for a pick and a competent 3rd line center so we wouldn't have to watch spooner throw up on himself every nite

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Colin miller is as soft as hamilton. You move hamilton you need to get something that will help us now...not some fat draft pick who will never play for boston

Very funny- thanks for the early morning laugh

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Dougie, is that you?

lottery numbers for tonight?:shakehead

Why Hamilton was moved has been talked out, me thinks you would be best served reading about why he`s wearing different colors this season

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Calgary's problem is their goales suck. Bruins should have kept hamilton and traded rask to the flames for a pick and a competent 3rd line center so we wouldn't have to watch spooner throw up on himself every nite

Can I use this stuff in my stand up routine?

I'll be here all week try the sausage

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can I use this stuff in my stand up routine?

I'll be here all week try the sausage

what type of Dijon will you provide? It`s pretty much what makes or breaks my decision to go with the sausage or the hot dog

___________________________________<< insert inappropriate comeback here:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
what type of Dijon will you provide? It`s pretty much what makes or breaks my decision to go with the sausage or the hot dog

___________________________________<< insert inappropriate comeback here:laugh:

I'm a red pepper and onions guy

Going out tonight with my Bruins season ticket buds but going prime Rib before watching the Bruins shock the Habs (cup less over 20 years but who's counting)

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Have you been on Mars?

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
What does it matter about assets though? ?It's all futures, and the prospects they've gotten from that trade are not contributing. All while the player they moved for said assets went on to be a perennial 30 goal scorer and PPG caliber player. And when they lucked out and got a guy like Seguin to replace Kessel, they dumped him only to see him become a perennial 30 goal per year scorer and a ppg caliber player. So even if they get lucky and one of the current slew of prospects goes on to be a stud, is there much hope he sticks around long term, given their recent track record? Also, saying Toronto is the loser is silly to me. They at least loaded up and took a shot. Sure it didn't work out for them, but they at least tried. Boston had devalued those assets every chance they've gotten, and have nothing at this point to show for developing two 30+ goal per year/PPG players. And they gave up having those skill sets on teams that were legitimate contenders.

Toronto did take a gamble and go all in, and they've been at the bottom of the NHL for a decade. Meanwhile we got a number of useful pieces back. In the NHL we have Eriksson, Morrow, Hayes who are all useful NHL players as well as prospects that may turn into something that we wouldn't have had if we hadn't drafted Kessel than trade him to Toronto. While it may not really be connected we take a little solace that until getting rid of Hamilton we continued to have high end talent from the trade. To this day we have good talent on the squad and good up and coming talent in the minors.

We certainly didn't handle our prospects as good as we could have, but we still have something to show for it, are still a competitive team, and have pieces to keep us competitive in the future. Just saying for as upset as we are, we ultimately got a lot from the asset that was Phil Kessel, while Toronto has been a mess for years to give us that luxury.

Just trying to see the bright side.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

No I've been watching Dougie this year and their problem is they paid a punk kid with zero defensive awareness 6 million dollars and he's a -kajillion in an average of like 17 minutes a night

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Toronto did take a gamble and go all in, and they've been at the bottom of the NHL for a decade. Meanwhile we got a number of useful pieces back. In the NHL we have Eriksson, Morrow, Hayes who are all useful NHL players as well as prospects that may turn into something that we wouldn't have had if we hadn't drafted Kessel than trade him to Toronto. While it may not really be connected we take a little solace that until getting rid of Hamilton we continued to have high end talent from the trade. To this day we have good talent on the squad and good up and coming talent in the minors.

We certainly didn't handle our prospects as good as we could have, but we still have something to show for it, are still a competitive team, and have pieces to keep us competitive in the future. Just saying for as upset as we are, we ultimately got a lot from the asset that was Phil Kessel, while Toronto has been a mess for years to give us that luxury.

Just trying to see the bright side.

That's fine and I get trying to look on the bright side. But, they were a competitive team before moving Kessel. And even despite the step back the year after moving Kessel, they rebounded the following season and won the cup with the guy who essentially replaced him. So they were successful with Kessel, and again with Seguin. Now they have lesser players (IE quantity over quality) and they're not nearly as successful. It's just a pattern that keeps occurring and it's frustrating. So while I get why you want to see the positive side, I can't help but see the missed chances. If they have Kessel or Seguin instead of some complimentary pieces, they probably have more success. The other thing that has always burned me about the Kessel deal is that he was a true habs killer. And seeing them suck game after game against them is just the cherry on top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad