Neely concedes Bruins need to handle 'off ice' issues better

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I have to say on early returns this is one of the best trades we've had in years, 2 1sts and a guy that could be top pairing D for us fairly quickly. Kuraly could be something for us too, but just Miller is looking good for us.

Let's not count the chickens before they hatch....

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Let's not count the chickens before they hatch....

Of course I've certainly seen our 1st round picks fail, even as high as #7 overall in the last decade. and C. Miller could stop improving his game but like I said if all we get is C. Miller as a good top 4 D man I would consider it a win. Good right D are hard to come by after seeing what happened to our team with Boychuck's departure.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He and Morrow are their best defensive prospects right now. And you know what they have in common? Both were not Boston picks. Scares me when you think about them going all in on the draft last year.

When was the last time the patriots drafted an impact player. How many good players were acquired via trade? I know you can think of some. Just saying.....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
When was the last time the patriots drafted an impact player. How many good players were acquired via trade? I know you can think of some. Just saying.....

Dont'a Hightower? Chandler Jones? Jamie Collins? Gronk? Edleman? Brady? I dunno. Is that enough with the recent examples? Not only do the Pats find impact players in the early rounds, but they find them late too. And they develop them.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Dont'a Hightower? Chandler Jones? Jamie Collins? Gronk? Edleman? Brady? I dunno. Is that enough with the recent examples? Not only do the Pats find impact players in the early rounds, but they find them late too. And they develop them.

I'll give you Brady and Gronk. Then I'll give you welker, dillon, revis, moss, etc. there's more I'm sure, but they were drafted ny the Patriots either.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'll give you Brady and Gronk. Then I'll give you welker, dillon, revis, moss, etc. there's more I'm sure, but they were drafted ny the Patriots either.

Wait, you're dismissing more than half the players I mentioned, despite them all being picked by the Pats? Agenda driven much?? :laugh:

And you know what? Welker and Moss won jack **** while they were here. All their titles were won with mainly home grown talent.

If you go back to the first title, it a lot of home grown talent. Brady. Vinatieri, Bruschi. McGinest. Malloy. Ted Johnson. Seymour. Ty Law. I could go on, but you get the idea. And you look at this most recent title, and why did the win? An undrafted corner back whom they signed as a rookie free agent and developed.

So I'm sorry but you're way off base here. They've done it through good drafting and adding key free agents. When they were struggling to draft well, that's when they added the Welkers and Mosses of the world, and it didn't work.

Compare that to the Bruins and they've done a horrible job drafting since PC was here and time will tell about Sweeney. And while they sucked in the draft, they did a crappy job of bringing in free agents. And that doesn't even talk about trades. The Pats have been a very active team regarding trades, while the Bruins recent track record for trades is, well, spotty at best.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I assume you're still trolling, but you are 100% about picking up Lucic's money. Hard to justify making a deal for cap space and then netting next to nothing in actual cap space...

I don't think it was all about getting immediate cap space in the Lucic trade, despite what the papers and quotes say.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Wait, you're dismissing more than half the players I mentioned, despite them all being picked by the Pats? Agenda driven much?? :laugh:

And you know what? Welker and Moss won jack **** while they were here. All their titles were won with mainly home grown talent.

If you go back to the first title, it a lot of home grown talent. Brady. Vinatieri, Bruschi. McGinest. Malloy. Ted Johnson. Seymour. Ty Law. I could go on, but you get the idea. And you look at this most recent title, and why did the win? An undrafted corner back whom they signed as a rookie free agent and developed.

So I'm sorry but you're way off base here. They've done it through good drafting and adding key free agents. When they were struggling to draft well, that's when they added the Welkers and Mosses of the world, and it didn't work.

Compare that to the Bruins and they've done a horrible job drafting since PC was here and time will tell about Sweeney. And while they sucked in the draft, they did a crappy job of bringing in free agents. And that doesn't even talk about trades. The Pats have been a very active team regarding trades, while the Bruins recent track record for trades is, well, spotty at best.

I understand I didn't give all the players etc. just making a point that the patriots do the same with impact players but I know you don't complain about that. I can't go through the whole decade and player rosters to be precise. Not a fan.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I understand I didn't give all the players etc. just making a point that the patriots do the same with impact players but I know you don't complain about that. I can't go through the whole decade and player rosters to be precise. Not a fan.

Sure I do. I ripped them for years for nickel and diming Curtis Martin and making him want to leave for the Jets. The rest, they moved on from a year or two early. Like Law, Milloy, and Seymour. Mankins was a good player but they showed they didn't need him. Plus his play had slipped. Wilfork is really pretty much all done. He lost a step with that achilles tear and never looked the same.

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
Sure I do. I ripped them for years for nickel and diming Curtis Martin and making him want to leave for the Jets. The rest, they moved on from a year or two early. Like Law, Milloy, and Seymour. Mankins was a good player but they showed they didn't need him. Plus his play had slipped. Wilfork is really pretty much all done. He lost a step with that achilles tear and never looked the same.

One thing about the Pats: they seem to know when its time to cut someone loose. Very few players leave the Pats (one way or the other) and have a huge impact somewhere else in the recent past. As much as I scratch my head sometimes, In Bill I Trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad