Nazem Kadri Vs. Tom Wilson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which player would you want on your team?

• Total voters

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Like I said, what would you have done if it got the result you wanted? What a load of crap. You set this test up to prove your hypothesis and it blew up in your face. I'm not scouring around the, quite frankly difficult to maneuver, search tools to dig up and compare old threads, I lack your singular passion for Leaf polls. You were told this was the case and you set up an experiment in circumstances you decided and you lost, time to find a new crusade.

You do realize I’ve done many more of these experiments, and this is the first one that turned out this way, right?

Should I link you to the Tavares polls where he maintained his rank against Scheifele/Seguin, or the Marleau polls where he became twice as likely to be a HOFer?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
You do realize I’ve done many more of these experiments, and this is the first one that turned out this way, right?

Should I link you to the Tavares polls where he maintained his rank against Scheifele/Seguin, or the Marleau polls where he became twice as likely to be a HOFer?

This is far and away the most controlled situation you could have, no games played, nothing changed but the jersey with a massive swing in results. Once any amount of games are played the situation gets skewed which is why I'm not going to make you explain this Feburary 2018 poll where Tavares ranks 4th in centers: Who is the 7th BEST Centre? Once games are played things change, polls are always in motion, so this is silly. But in the Kadri scenario you've provided there is almost no other explanation for the results than anti-Leaf bias.

Go right ahead and show your work, but please note, if your Tavares comment is accurate that the difference between a guy getting buried as a Leaf and burying the opposition as a member of another team is a much more noteworthy swing than a guy maintaining his rank. But sure, show em if you got em. As for HOF thread, again, show it if you've got it but if we're talking about Marleua's HOF case it has nothing to do with his tenure as a Leaf so you'd have to be insane to alter your vote accordingly.

You will not get a more clear picture of this than this poll you've created, this Dr. Frankenstein move you've just pulled.

Reactions: IPS

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This is far and away the most controlled situation you could have, no games played, nothing changed but the jersey with a massive swing in results. Once any amount of games are played the situation gets skewed which is why I'm not going to make you explain this Feburary 2018 poll where Tavares ranks 4th in centers: Who is the 7th BEST Centre? Once games are played things change, polls are always in motion, so this is silly. But in the Kadri scenario you've provided there is almost no other explanation for the results than anti-Leaf bias.

Go right ahead and show your work, but please note, if your Tavares comment is accurate that the difference between a guy getting buried as a Leaf and burying the opposition as a member of another team is a much more noteworthy swing than a guy maintaining his rank. But sure, show em if you got em. As for HOF thread, again, show it if you've got it but if we're talking about Marleua's HOF case it has nothing to do with his tenure as a Leaf so you'd have to be insane to alter your vote accordingly.

You will not get a more clear picture of this than this poll you've created, this Dr. Frankenstein move you've just pulled.

More than one of those polls also had zero games played between changing teams. A February 2018 poll for Tavares isn’t a great example since he fell off after that month by reasons that you’ve already explained, but you won’t find one where factors changed much more than that one.

Here is the work:

Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself something. If all else is equal, do you want to be the victim? Do you want to feel like you are being persecuted?

Schiefele Vs. Tavares before Tavares joined Toronto: (121 VOTES)

(Tavares with 43 votes - 35.5% of the vote)

Schiefele Vs. Tavares after Tavares joined Toronto: (426 VOTES)

(Tavares with 156 votes - 36.6% of the vote)
+1.1% JUMP AFTER JOINING TORONTO

Seguin Vs. Tavares before Tavares joined Toronto (Thread A) (184 VOTES)

Seguin Vs. Tavares before Tavares joined Toronto (Thread B) (51 VOTES)

(Tavares with 122 votes - 51.9% of the vote)

Seguin Vs. Tavares after Tavares joined Toronto: (310 VOTES)

(Tavares with 168 votes - 54.2% of the vote) +2.3% JUMP AFTER JOINING TORONTO

Is Patrick Marleau a HOFer - Before he joined Toronto: (76 VOTES) (There was no poll, but I personally tallied the comments. For the sake of objectivity, I counted votes that said "probably" or "not likely" in both directions. I did count posts such as "If he wins a Conn Smythe" as "no". I counted results up until the thread was bumped on March 27, 2018, as Marleau was playing for Toronto at that point. I counted 60 votes for yes and 16 votes for no. Feel free to double check the thread.)

(21.1% of the vote was for Yes, with 16 votes saying Yes, Patrick Marleau is a Hall of Famer)

Is Patrick Marleau a HOFer - After he joined Toronto (126 VOTES)

(46.8% of the vote was for Yes, with 59 votes saying Yes, Patrick Marleau is a Hall of Famer) +25.7% JUMP AFTER JOINING TORONTO

So, our sample size here is 1,294 votes - 432 of which came before the player joined Toronto, and 862 of which came after the player joined Toronto. We've also got data from 7 different polls - 4 of which came before the player joined Toronto and 3 of which came after the player joined Toronto. (The two Tavares Vs. Seguin threads before Tavares joined Toronto got lumped into one for the sake of counting numbers.)

Over the course of these identical polls, the Maple Leafs player averaged 36.2% of the vote before they joined the Maple Leafs. Once they joined the Maple Leafs, little else changed, but their polling stock rose to 45.9%. That's an average increase of 9.7% once a player joins the Maple Leafs, over a sample size of 1,294 votes. If there was any sort of anti-Leafs bias, players would not average an increase of 9.7% in their polling stock in identical polls immediately after joining the Toronto Maple Leafs. Perhaps they would in one specific poll with a small sample size and other factors to consider, but not over the sample size of 1,294 votes.

I rest my case - there is no anti-Leafs bias on HFBoards.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
More than one of those polls also had zero games played between changing teams. A February 2018 poll for Tavares isn’t a great example since he fell off after that month by reasons that you’ve already explained, but you won’t find one where factors changed much more than that one.

Here is the work:

Also, it says all that needs to be said that you are seriously conducting polls and "research" on the Maple Leafs. Even counting votes in threads, lol!

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Here is the work:

Okay so Tavares stayed the same in both of those polls, as I said, that's not nearly as noteworthy as what you've proven with this Kadri thing. You feel the need to note that Tavares gained 1 percent in the Schiefle poll, that he still got clowned in, so I hope you're adding the Kadri/Wilson total 180 in votes to your little spiel.

The HOF fame thing is stupid, again it would have nothing to do with Marleau's time with the Leafs and you didn't even conduct a proper poll.

All told its ridiculous how much whining you manage to do about Leaf fans whining. BTW, "Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself something. If all else is equal, do you want to be the victim? Do you want to feel like you are being persecuted?" is a laughable way to start a post, calm down, no one cares about this as much as you. I hope you feel like this Kadri experiment was a good day at the office, cause I sorta do, again its proven much more than your prior efforts.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Also, it says all that needs to be said that you are seriously conducting polls and "research" on the Maple Leafs. Even counting votes in threads, lol!

giphy.gif

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Okay so Tavares stayed the same in both of those polls, as I said, that's not nearly as noteworthy as what you've proven with this Kadri thing. You feel the need to note that Tavares gained 1 percent in the Schiefle poll, that he still got clowned in, so I hope you're adding the Kadri/Wilson total 180 in votes to your little spiel.

The HOF fame thing is stupid, again it would have nothing to do with Marleau's time with the Leafs and you didn't even conduct a proper poll.

All told its ridiculous how much whining you manage to do about Leaf fans whining. BTW, "Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself something. If all else is equal, do you want to be the victim? Do you want to feel like you are being persecuted?" is a laughable way to start a post, calm down, no one cares about this as much as you. I hope you feel like this Kadri experiment was a good day at the office, cause I sorta do, again its proven much more than your prior efforts.

For someone who doesn’t care, you’re sure writing a lot about how much you don’t care.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Isn't it ?

Did he get suspended for someone else's idiotic actions ?
Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. Yes, Kadri getting suspended was bad for his team, but it’s not Kadri’s fault his team lost a series he didn’t get to play in. Just the same as how Wilson getting suspended was bad for his team.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Like I said, what would you have done if it got the result you wanted? What a load of crap. You set this test up to prove your hypothesis and it blew up in your face. I'm not scouring around the, quite frankly difficult to maneuver, search tools to dig up and compare old threads, I lack your singular passion for Leaf polls. You were told this was the case and you set up an experiment in circumstances you decided and you lost, time to find a new crusade.
Very nice, non-agressive tone.

Congrats.

Reactions: IPS

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. Yes, Kadri getting suspended was bad for his team, but it’s not Kadri’s fault his team lost a series he didn’t get to play in. Just the same as how Wilson getting suspended was bad for his team.

And maybe you misunderstood me.

Wouldn't the Leafs have a better chance to win with Kadri in the lineup ?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
And maybe you misunderstood me.

Wouldn't the Leafs have a better chance to win with Kadri in the lineup ?

You can’t be serious

Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. Yes, getting suspended was bad for his team, but it’s not Kadri’s fault his team lost a series he didn’t get to play in. Just the same as how Wilson getting suspended was bad for his team.

Anyways, my whole point was that Wilson was suspended too. The only difference is that Wilson’s team didn’t get eliminated without him.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You can’t be serious

Anyways, my whole point was that Wilson was suspended too. The only difference is that Wilson’s team didn’t get eliminated without him.
You can't be serious ?

It could easily be argued that Kadri was more important to the Leafs' success than Wilson was to the Caps'.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Jesus why would anyone vote Wilson :laugh: Kadri's much more talented.
Lol +1.1% or +2.3%

This poll is a COMPLETE reversal, in less than a month, with zero games played. None.
Confirms what we've known for years on this board. The second a Leafs player doesn't have the Leafs logo anymore his value seems to go up exponentially.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If I see more polls like this, I will actually say there is an anti-Leafs bias. However, this is just one, and it doesn’t match the trend of other polls I’ve seen. But it certainly does lend credence to the possibility.

Sure pal :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad