Nazem Kadri Vs. Tom Wilson

Which player would you want on your team?

• Total voters

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Nazem Kadri has 3 years remaining on his contract at $4.5M.

Tom Wilson has 4 years remaining on his contract at $5.16M.

Factoring in contracts, which controversial player would you rather have on your team?

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
I'm certainly biased, I just love Tom and what he brings to the table!! He works his tale off every shift in both zones and is the perfect compliment to the Caps top line!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
As a leaf fan... have to say that Kadri could be a frustrating player. He seemed to have two sides... one side that wasn't physical, and one side that was recklessly physical. There wasn't that ideal in between. He also seemed to be a sideshow at times to the team, because he was always whining at the ref or as mentioned running around headhunting.... a lot of the times because he was pissed off that the refs weren't giving him a call.

I would probably take Wilson, because how rare it is to find a player with his traits. Kadri albeit physical at times... is not big at all, and I don't know if players would consider him intimidating.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Wilson helped the Caps to win the first Stanley Cup in their history. Kadri helped the Bruins to beat the Leafs in the first round two years in a row. Give me Wilson anyday over Kadri.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Nylander - Matthews - Wilson
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner

Completely changes the makeup of the team. Would make the top 6 a lot more difficult to play against.

Reactions: kuzy92

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Wilson helped the Caps to win the first Stanley Cup in their history. Kadri helped the Bruins to beat the Leafs in the first round two years in a row. Give me Wilson anyday over Kadri.
You do know that Wilson was suspended for 3 games those playoffs, right? It’s not Kadri’s fault the rest of the team couldn’t win without him.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Kadri, because center. If you have a need at both positions, it’s easier to find an adequate winger than center.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kadri for us given our need at C and I think he's a better hockey player, but he's not the intimidating presence that Wilson is. So for a different team, Wilson could make more sense.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'd probably take Kadri in a vacuum but Tampa would definitely take Wilson.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Wilson has some skills. His point production this past season was similar to Kadri's best seasons.
Take him away from Ovie and his other line mates like Backstrom, Kuzy etc and his points get cut in half, at least. He is a bottom six stiff who runs around the ice looking to drill every and anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad