Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Sort of off topic but saw this on Twitter and just couldn't not share it.

I remember when it used to malfunction on occasion, sink into the crowd and everyone would pass it around like a crowd surfing drunk at a concert. When it crashed in our section once I grabbed all the coupons it still had in the claw mechanism. Sadly it was just for Taco Bell.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Random. Does anyone know when we get this years STH gifts? Got the wife her own seat this year and she keeps asking me about when she can get that jersey. :cool:
The last time they gave out jerseys my recollection is that they either came in in November OR they came in in October and it took til November to get the name plate stitched on. I think the latter.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
We, as fans, have to get out of the traditional mindset of how a team is made up. Forsberg is the only talent close to an elite level on this team. We do not have a true first line because we lack the elite talent to do so. Depending on how you want to look at it, we're running two excellent second lines or two so-so first lines. We have a third line which I'm not sure of at the moment because we have no idea of the production we'll get from them. Maybe it turns into a solid third line, maybe it approaches a so-so second line as far as production goes. If it does, even better.

Keeping all of this in mind, while we have greater depth than we've had in years, we don't have those true difference makers in the lineup up front. Because of this, we need more out of the bottom six, which means, this whole, energy line without the production isn't going to cut it. We also have to retrain our brains to think of the fourth line as something different than just a bunch of guys who can play the PK, chip in every now and again and provide "energy". We need more production out of this line.

Consider it like another 3rd line if you will. Guys that can provide a good two way game, provide energy, play the PK and have offensive upside that may land them in the top six as they grow as players. It keeps the wear and tear off the older guys deeper into the season, provides the energy that we need and it gives us young legs in the lineup, which we are currently short on if we're being honest.

I'd rather see a non-traditional 4th line of Pars, ZLH and Ozzie than what we currently have. ZLH and Ozzie have motors on them and if you want to talk about relentless, that's what these guys are. Are they young, sure. Are they green, sure. Do they have more upside than the 3 guys in the lineup, yes. I get wanting to go all in the next couple of years, I really do. At some point though, the org, and I mean Trotz and Brunette, need to trust the young guys more than they do. One thing I hated about Trotz as a coach is he gave a long leash to vets when they screwed up but when the young guys did the same thing, they were found rotting on the end of the bench. I see some similarities with Brunette and I don't know if that was ingrained into him by Trotz or he has a similar style but kids will not grow if you chastize them every time they make a mistake. They'll grip the stick tighter and play that way too, causing more turnovers. While the "fourth" line vets don't make a ton of mistakes, they also don't provide a ton of upside in production.

I see Cup contending teams adding youth to their rosters, why aren't we?

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
We, as fans, have to get out of the traditional mindset of how a team is made up. Forsberg is the only talent close to an elite level on this team. We do not have a true first line because we lack the elite talent to do so. Depending on how you want to look at it, we're running two excellent second lines or two so-so first lines. We have a third line which I'm not sure of at the moment because we have no idea of the production we'll get from them. Maybe it turns into a solid third line, maybe it approaches a so-so second line as far as production goes. If it does, even better.
Well said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad