Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t think junior would be a waste but I also don’t think he’s really missing out on much by getting there partway through the season. Even if he’s mostly a scratch I think the experience practicing/traveling with the team with a couple games sprinkled in is more valuable than the first month of the junior season. Just seems like we’ve been given a prime opportunity to give him that chance with Stastney out.
Well, except for the Salary Cap.

We don't have room for 23 players. We can only fit 22. So it's not like we can carry BOTH of Del Gaizo and Molendyk, even for that 9 game trial. Therefore, I say, congrats to Molendyk on sticking around to the very last cut and having another great camp. But we need to keep the guy around who is really going to be here all year.

Unless they think Molendyk can actually be here all year. That's a different thing. But I really don't feel like we've seen that from him. :dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well, except for the Salary Cap.

We don't have room for 23 players. We can only fit 22. So it's not like we can carry BOTH of Del Gaizo and Molendyk, even for that 9 game trial. Therefore, I say, congrats to Molendyk on sticking around to the very last cut and having another great camp. But we need to keep the guy around who is really going to be here all year.

Unless they think Molendyk can actually be here all year. That's a different thing. But I really don't feel like we've seen that from him. :dunno:
Well it sort of depends on what the ruling is on if the Johansen cap hit applies or not. While Trotz last word was he's unsure whether we have the cap space or not I'd have to think that question has to be clarified before the season begins. But it is the NHL so who knows I guess? I'd imagine if it comes down to Molendyk vs. Del Gaizo that decision will also depend on what Stastney's availability is longer term which we're also not privy too. In any case, we'll know in three days for sure.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If the Preds decide to keep Molendyk beyond the 9-game tryout and after say 40ish games they want him playing nightly, would he be able to be sent down to Milwaukee at that point or does he have to stay on the NHL roster? I honestly don't know.

If he has nothing to prove at the CHL level, he's better off getting spot starts in Nashville and learning from a guy like Josi daily.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If the Preds decide to keep Molendyk beyond the 9-game tryout and after say 40ish games they want him playing nightly, would he be able to be sent down to Milwaukee at that point or does he have to stay on the NHL roster? I honestly don't know.

If he has nothing to prove at the CHL level, he's better off getting spot starts in Nashville and learning from a guy like Josi daily.
The 9 games is to not burn a year of ELC, but he can be sent to CHL at any point. He can't be sent to Milwaukee until after his CHL team's season ends. Doesn't matter how many NHL games he has played.

And fwiw, I think going back to CHL will do him good. He still has much to work on. Ain't many 19YO D in NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad