Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Either way, it's mind numbing to think that they've drafted that many centers in the last 40ish or so years and had the depth they had twice in that time period. My point was, we've never sniffed a center via drafting and while it's common knowledge that's where you start building your team, our GM's have not done well in this area.

Check this out - sort on position, centers should appear first. Then sort by GP, that's interesting too.

Wow so the only true drafted center in the top 20 for us in number of games played is Legwand.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Although as we've seen in the past, the Preds tend to be good at creating self-fulfilling prophecies with these guys too... sit them for weeks, or make them walk on eggshells thinking that one little miscue will put them on the bench, and then see what happens when you throw them in to a game after that long. It might take longer than 5 games. But that's not ever going to happen. He'd be lucky to last 5 shifts, unfortunately. :(
Yeah the way we've handled Parsinnen has just been bizzare. He's played 5 minutes this season and while he had some rough plays he also had an assist. If we have that little confidence in him coming out of camp we should of just tried to see if we could get him through waivers. I can't see how him sitting in the press box and playing as the extra guy in practice is going to somehow make him better. Same goes with Tomasino to an extent too but at least he got a couple games worth of opportunities.
Would be curious to see that factoring in QoC. No doubt the 4th line has been shipping goals against, but I suspect they also may be facing stronger opponents than, say, Tomasino.
I believe Tomasino's GAs came when playing on the 4th line so not sure that QoC is the explanation. FWIW too related to the discussion in the other thread he's played 7 minutes with Novak and Evangelista and they had 1 GF and 0 GA. Incredibly small sample sizes with all of this though so tough to make any strong statement either way.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah the way we've handled Parsinnen has just been bizzare. He's played 5 minutes this season and while he had some rough plays he also had an assist. If we have that little confidence in him coming out of camp we should of just tried to see if we could get him through waivers. I can't see how him sitting in the press box and playing as the extra guy in practice is going to somehow make him better. Same goes with Tomasino to an extent too but at least he got a couple games worth of opportunities.

I believe Tomasino's GAs came when playing on the 4th line so not sure that QoC is the explanation. FWIW too related to the discussion in the other thread he's played 7 minutes with Novak and Evangelista and they had 1 GF and 0 GA. Incredibly small sample sizes with all of this though so tough to make any strong statement either way.
I think part of 4th lines issue has been square peg round hole type of issue.

Tomasino isnt a match for the kind of game they play. Noone scored against the 4th line with L'Heureux there. 1 game sample size i know but Parssinen had 4 goals against in 1 game on the 4th line. That game also at one point tried 3 centers (McCarron, sissons, and Pars) with 2 of them playing out of position and not having much practice time as a line as well.

I think if Bruno put Toma and Pars in places to succeed they might but he has an idea of what he wants with the other lines.

March and Stamkos together. Stamkos shouldnt be a center and Toma isnt. Im not sure why we havent attempted Pars here but Bruno may feel like Pars isnt a NHL level center.

Forsberg, ROR, and Nyquist isnt to be messed with and Jankowski, Novak, Evangelista need to be together i guess.

Leaves the 4th line and neither Toma or Pars fit in an identity line. If Bruno is going to be inflexible, then there isnt much room for toma or pars

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Right, super small sample size. I guess I was wondering if the 4th is getting caved against superior competition or just by everyone in general so far.

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad