GDT: Nashville Predators 2024 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think you need a little nuance in your evaluation. Was he top-15 last season? Hard to tell, given his utilization. He was definitely top-10 the season before. Where is he now? We have very little to go on. I wouldn't be the least bit comfortable trying to evaluate his current slot on the depth chart based just on the hearsay or a few scattered observations of a pre-season game or practices, so I don't know why anybody else would be. But given what I saw in his first season, with a consistent role, I'm not inclined to imagine he is worse 2 years later. Maybe he is. But I don't think there is sufficient data available to us which definitively supports that.

Novak played with good players. Who's to say Parssinen wouldn't similarly look "good" in that spot? Who knows. Again, it is all just small samples. For or against. We have a bigger data set to refer back to.
The only reason for the bolded was half of the forwards were either traded or on IR. He had no pressure on him to succeed as the season was lost. He played for a spot last year and didn't assert himself. You seem to like to trash Novak, even though he disappeared in the playoffs, yet had a good regular season and you praise Parssinen. I'd love to see the kid succeed. He's not consistent. He doesn't do any one thing well. Novak, even with his faults, has an accurate shot and is an adept passer with decent wheels. Other than Parssinen being a big body, what does he do well that's earned him a spot on the team?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The only reason for the bolded was half of the forwards were either traded or on IR. He had no pressure on him to succeed as the season was lost. He played for a spot last year and didn't assert himself. You seem to like to trash Novak, even though he disappeared in the playoffs, yet had a good regular season and you praise Parssinen. I'd love to see the kid succeed. He's not consistent. He doesn't do any one thing well. Novak, even with his faults, has an accurate shot and is an adept passer with decent wheels. Other than Parssinen being a big body, what does he do well that's earned him a spot on the team?
I won't make any evaluation on Parsinnen until I see him given a chance at center. I don't care if he sits 3 weeks to start the season then gets a chance because of injury or poor performance by someone else.

I just don't want to see him yanked around at wing again then later get a chance at center and act like that is any indication of his value.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Fabbro finally seems to get the message about being more aggressive offensively. I don't think he has ever skated straight to the front of the net with the puck.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Time for a boxen of Krispy Kremes. Should have used those last game since it was a shut out...oh well.

ANYWAY, doughnuts are the treat du nuit with first ones to Fabs and Lauz-ie! (A first for both, I think!)

Go Preds!

• Love
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Time for a boxen of Krispy Kremes. Should have used those last game since it was a shut out...oh well.

ANYWAY, doughnuts are the treat du nuit with first ones to Fabs and Lauz-ie! (A first for both, I think!)

Go Preds!
You don't bake in preseason?:cool::(

Reactions: predhead1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad