NHL/hockey TV ratings 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Pattaya, Thailand
-NHL on TNT avg viewership Tuesday-

Devils-Rangers: 146k

Golden Knights-Avalanche: ??? (Haven't seen a # for this yet)

Previous #'s for TNT's annual preseason doubleheader:

-2023-
Bruins-Rangers: 305k
Avs-VGK: 190k

-2022-
Bruins-Rangers: 268k
Stars-Avs: 140k

-2021-
Bruins-Flyers: 232k
VGK-Kings: 133k
Down huge from prior years. Not off to a good start.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Classic reason why the western US is always a lower value live sports broadcasting proposition than the Midwest, East, and South. College sports is proof enough of that.

Too many other lifestyle options and an outdoor culture (hiking, kayaking, fishing, camping, surfing, etc); even in winter time (skiing, snowboarding, etc) that we just don't get the high ratings.

This is why I stopped watching football; it just took over the whole Sunday for NFL and Saturday for college, and I'd rather be active on one of the few true days off.

I always wondered if DVR/Tivo recordings counted towards ratings; as that is how I plan my sports watching; if I can watch it at the end of the day after kids go to bed and all our activities are over then it works for me; but not sure if the networks count that (me skipping past commercials probably is a reason why it doesn't).
I don't think it is that. About 75% of the US population live in ET and CT. So of course everything will be catered to those time zones. The other time zones make up a much smaller percentage of viewership numbers which is hurt by the kickoff/puck drop timings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad