TSN: Nashville Aquires James Neal from Pittsburgh for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He might even put up career best stats this coming season playing along side either Malkin or Crosby.

Do you think he gets ES time on their line, or just on the PP?

Heally doesnt have a top 6 skillset other than his net presence

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Weill depend on the rest of the roster I guess. I don't know if he has the hands to play ES with them. Would think its much more likely that he plays 3rd and then is there on the PP.

Who knows though. New team, new coach.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

can't see him ES on a line with either. his puck possession skills are pretty horrid, something they both obviously excel at

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
One would think that information of that sort would be prominent on the Nashville Predators website but, as is usual, nothing imminent is posted, only stuff that already happened. I checked the tweets, too. Nothing.

However, WNSR Radio 560 tweeted that it would be heavy in Preds related stuff from 3-6 so maybe it'll be carried on there.

From Predneck Nation: Crazy Charlie will be hosting on WNSR 560AM/95.9FM today from 3-6 CT & will be talking Preds W/Craig Button! Would love to hear your opinions on draft & Neal trade at 615-844-5600. Support Hockey on the radio by calling or tweeting @CrazyCharlie615

Heh, you gotta be CRAZY around here to like the hockey programs, right?

Last edited:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Good pick up guys, for good value too.

Neal can be frustrating, I've seen so many offensive zone penalties and PP penalties and is definitely a dirty player but stats don't lie, guy is a sniper. I know some clips show otherwise but I think his price in money accurately depicts him as a player. Gets his money from sweet shooting but doesn't create a ton of plays on his own so hopefully you guys find a good playmaking center unless you already have one that I'm ignorant to.

Good luck, glad you guys finally have a strong offensive weapon!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Good pick up guys, for good value too.

Neal can be frustrating, I've seen so many offensive zone penalties and PP penalties and is definitely a dirty player but stats don't lie, guy is a sniper. I know some clips show otherwise but I think his price in money accurately depicts him as a player. Gets his money from sweet shooting but doesn't create a ton of plays on his own so hopefully you guys find a good playmaking center unless you already have one that I'm ignorant to.

Good luck, glad you guys finally have a strong offensive weapon!

People tend to either not see it or forget, but we tend not to have a problem creating chances, they just tend to be off target or right in the goalies chest 95% of the time. Having someone that can finish has been our biggest problem for a while.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Press conference blunder as usual. Loud echo and according to twitter couldn't understand much.
What did get passed along.

-Nashville management couldn't be more welcoming.

-He has a dog.

-Looking forward to and is ready to be a leader and go to guy. Something he has always wanted to be.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
People tend to either not see it or forget, but we tend not to have a problem creating chances, they just tend to be off target or right in the goalies chest 95% of the time. Having someone that can finish has been our biggest problem for a while.

Then it's a good fit.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
One would think that information of that sort would be prominent on the Nashville Predators website but, as is usual, nothing imminent is posted, only stuff that already happened. I checked the tweets, too. Nothing.

However, WNSR Radio 560 tweeted that it would be heavy in Preds related stuff from 3-6 so maybe it'll be carried on there.

From Predneck Nation: Crazy Charlie will be hosting on WNSR 560AM/95.9FM today from 3-6 CT & will be talking Preds W/Craig Button! Would love to hear your opinions on draft & Neal trade at 615-844-5600. Support Hockey on the radio by calling or tweeting @CrazyCharlie615

Heh, you gotta be CRAZY around here to like the hockey programs, right?

Listening to this now what a peckerhead this crazycharlie is. In 40 minutes he has taken 2 calls and talked about hisself for 20 minutes.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Press conference blunder as usual. Loud echo and according to twitter couldn't understand much.
What did get passed along.

-Nashville management couldn't be more welcoming.

-He has a dog.

-Looking forward to and is ready to be a leader and go to guy. Something he has always wanted to be.

:laugh:

Getting the hard-hitting questions answered.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Listening to this now what a peckerhead this crazycharlie is. In 40 minutes he has taken 2 calls and talked about hisself for 20 minutes.

I was listening and that didn't happen. 45 minutes of Pred's talk and they got 1 call and took it. They are talking about NBA now. Just a note to those who complain about the lack of media coverage on the Predators.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Said what he needed to say. Hopefully he comes in ready to go and tries to make the team better. Worst nightmare is he just floats around for 3 years ( or 2 and then does something his contract year).

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I was listening and that didn't happen. 45 minutes of Pred's talk and they got 1 call and took it. They are talking about NBA now. Just a note to those who complain about the lack of media coverage on the Predators.

Really he didn't go on about hiring staff for predneck nation and how he does not know any of the interns there. And re naming one of them. The one hocky call he took he shot the guy down when he correctly stated the cap was 69 mil. Which was confirmed in the following segment.

I do agree with you about no more interest in people calling in however the guy confirms what many of us know there are a few thousand hardcore fans of hockey here the remainder jump on the bandwagon when the team is winning but have no clue during times like the draft or a major trade to make the team better. SO that part the guy got right, But it was kinda offending the way he implied that its a waste of time talking about hockey and is there awas not more people he would move on to other sports he stated that three times and he moved on to talking about Lebron James and the Heat, that was the point I turned off. I wanted to hear Craig Button but I will not endure that guy to do it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Really he didn't go on about hiring staff for predneck nation and how he does not know any of the interns there. And re naming one of them. The one hocky call he took he shot the guy down when he correctly stated the cap was 69 mil. Which was confirmed in the following segment.

I do agree with you about no more interest in people calling in however the guy confirms what many of us know there are a few thousand hardcore fans of hockey here the remainder jump on the bandwagon when the team is winning but have no clue during times like the draft or a major trade to make the team better. SO that part the guy got right, But it was kinda offending the way he implied that its a waste of time talking about hockey and is there awas not more people he would move on to other sports he stated that three times and he moved on to talking about Lebron James and the Heat, that was the point I turned off. I wanted to hear Craig Button but I will not endure that guy to do it.

Well and if your station doesn't normally do hockey stuff, or people don't even know you exist ( I certainly didn't) then they aren't going to be listening in the first place to talk about it.

You can't just talk it once in a blue moon and then expect people to come out of the wood work to call your show about it.

I'm not sure if that particular station is guilty of that or not, but if you don't keep up with basic hockey news, I'm guessing you probably don't talk about it on a normal basis.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN

That take is not surprising coming from you. He told the caller he and Jim Diamond were unsure about the exact cap number and simply looked into it. They moved on because they got one call in 45 min about the Preds. Why don't you quit making a mountain out of everything and call in?

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Well and if your station doesn't normally do hockey stuff, or people don't even know you exist ( I certainly didn't) then they aren't going to be listening in the first place to talk about it.

You can't just talk it once in a blue moon and then expect people to come out of the wood work to call your show about it.

I'm not sure if that particular station is guilty of that or not, but if you don't keep up with basic hockey news, I'm guessing you probably don't talk about it on a normal basis.

Talk about the Preds more than any other station 6a-6p. That's when I personally listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad