OT: Pirates Talk: That Skenes guy is okay at teh baseball

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Cook and Yorke definitely gave some reason for optimism for both of them next year, I'm super high on Yorke already but Cook has some nice pop as well. Both are striking out way too much in their short time up but you can see the power with both of them. I bet Yorke claims a full time role out of camp but I'm curious to see how Cook does.

Also nice to see Burrows putting in some decent innings to end the year too, they really need bullpen help next year and I feel Burrows makes a lot more sense as a reliever long-term. I'd be moving on from Bednar and trying to use his money plus Chapman's to sign the best closer I can get, and then try to bring in another 1 or 2 Holderman/Mlodzinski caliber relievers if possible. I think Holderman, Mlodzinski and Nicolas are all safe pieces to pencil into their bullpen for next year, but they need a lot more than just 3 guys. Their rotation is likely set (Skenes, Keller, Jones, Ortiz and Falter) but they need to add some significant bullpen help. Dennis Santana has been terrific for the Pirates but I'm not buying that as a long-term thing.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I love how the Pirates wasted Skenes' family's time.

They all traveled to Yankee Stadium from all across the country just to see him pitch two innings.

Just shut him down at that point.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

They all traveled to Yankee Stadium from all across the country just to see him pitch two innings.

They did that to help preserve ROTY. He finishes with an ERA below two.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I feel like Skenes only got the start to face off against Judge and Soto in a game and shut them down. Kinda like an exclamation point on his ROY bid, trying to hype him up to get it based on his last game blowing it by Soto and Judge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad